The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 455

Thread: Heroes

  1. #51
    Banned phreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    858
    I have faith in you guys.


    Also, a brain teaser: what happens if Sylar takes the Haitians gift? Does he just nullify everyone else's gift, or himself too?

  2. #52
    天龙 McIrish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Deep in the night
    Posts
    2,393
    I'm going to go on record here and say that I think Claire's dad also has some sort of gift, but we don't know what it is yet. I don't buy that he's just a random guy who got mixed up in all of this stuff.
    25 years old, 5'10''

    Back in the States to get hayooooge!

    Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

  3. #53
    Banned phreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by McIrish View Post
    I'm going to go on record here and say that I think Claire's dad also has some sort of gift, but we don't know what it is yet. I don't buy that he's just a random guy who got mixed up in all of this stuff.
    Maybe the entire adoption story is a lie? She didn't find the parents herself; he did it for her. Easy to set up fakes. Maybe she's a child by another mother? Or maybe the mother is really her 'mother', and he made the Haitian make her forget about it. The Haitian himself stated he'd done that to her countless times.
    Last edited by phreak; 12-18-2006 at 06:49 AM.

  4. #54
    Ex-Manwhore KingWilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,057
    Also, has the Haitian ever made Bennett forget anything? If not, why? What does Bennett have over him that would keep him from doing it...a power or something else?
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

    Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

    CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

    You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

  5. #55
    天龙 McIrish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Deep in the night
    Posts
    2,393
    Alright, I can't help but bump this piece... what do you guys think those strange symbols on the "marked" guys' shoulders are? The radioactive man has one, the cop has one, and if I'm not mistaken, Isaac painted a large one in one of his drug-induced hazes.

    Speculation? I'm going to go with a tracking system...
    25 years old, 5'10''

    Back in the States to get hayooooge!

    Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

  6. #56
    C.S.C.S. ddegroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,817
    I think those are tracking marks that bennett put on them.

    Also, a brain teaser: what happens if Sylar takes the Haitians gift? Does he just nullify everyone else's gift, or himself too?

    The haitian can control anyone's power. Sylar would be useless around him. The haitian has some sort of mind control powers.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

    "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

    "Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

  7. #57
    el imposible ectx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,422
    Quote Originally Posted by McIrish View Post
    Alright, I can't help but bump this piece... what do you guys think those strange symbols on the "marked" guys' shoulders are? The radioactive man has one, the cop has one, and if I'm not mistaken, Isaac painted a large one in one of his drug-induced hazes.

    Speculation? I'm going to go with a tracking system...
    Tracking system. Brain reading guy mentions that he only got his after he was drugged and met the haitian guy.
    ecDoesIt

    "You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

    My latest (and only) WBB article.

  8. #58
    Ex-Manwhore KingWilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,057
    Quote Originally Posted by ddegroff View Post
    The haitian can control anyone's power. Sylar would be useless around him. The haitian has some sort of mind control powers.

    I'm not so sure that he can "control their power", but rather interfere with their mind as a whole...hence why he can erase memories AND block powers
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

    Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

    CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

    You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

  9. #59
    back at it Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by McIrish View Post
    Alright, I can't help but bump this piece... what do you guys think those strange symbols on the "marked" guys' shoulders are?
    That symbol has been everywhere throughout the show. It was on the cover of the book that Dr. Chandra wrote... it was even outlined in the DNA sequences in that program on his computer. There was also the same mark on future Hiro's sword, as well as on evil Nicki (not normal Nicki). I doubt it's a tracking device.
    Last edited by Beast; 12-21-2006 at 09:31 PM.

    D 435 / S 340 / B 305

    Journal

    "I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

    "OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

    "Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

  10. #60
    el imposible ectx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,422
    I don't think it's a device as much as a code....kind of like a bar code.
    ecDoesIt

    "You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

    My latest (and only) WBB article.

  11. #61
    天龙 McIrish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Deep in the night
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    That symbol has been everywhere throughout the show. It was on the cover of the book that Dr. Chandra wrote... it was even outlined in the DNA sequences in that program on his computer. There was also the same mark on future Hiro's sword, as well as on evil Nicki (not normal Nicki). I doubt it's a tracking device.
    Quote Originally Posted by ectx View Post
    I don't think it's a device as much as a code....kind of like a bar code.
    Yeah, I misspoke. I don't mean a tracking device in that it was "implanted" into them, but more like a code [someone online suggested that it represented a single RNA helix, but I think that's a bit farfetched]. I just talked to my brothers about it last night. We also noticed that the drugged out painter drew it twice (I think twice, but I can only recall once off the top of my head right now), and we were trying to speculate what sort of symbol it might be.

    AFAIK, it currently has no religious or philosophical significance (as in, it's not a snake eating it's own tail or something), and my brother thinks it's probably the television equivalent of an "Easter Egg" put into a computer game, meaning it's a design created by one of the show's designers as a sort of inside joke that really only has meaning for him (eg., maybe he stylized his initials into this shape). I still have no idea what significance it'll have on the show, however. I like the idea of a brand - maybe Claire's dad will be able to track the branded ones or something.
    25 years old, 5'10''

    Back in the States to get hayooooge!

    Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

  12. #62
    back at it Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    0
    Wikipedia to the rescue! They have a whole section about the symbol, plus a lot of info about all the characters at the very bottom.

    D 435 / S 340 / B 305

    Journal

    "I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

    "OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

    "Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

  13. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by McIrish View Post
    Yeah, I misspoke. I don't mean a tracking device in that it was "implanted" into them, but more like a code [someone online suggested that it represented a single RNA helix, but I think that's a bit farfetched]. I just talked to my brothers about it last night. We also noticed that the drugged out painter drew it twice (I think twice, but I can only recall once off the top of my head right now), and we were trying to speculate what sort of symbol it might be.

    AFAIK, it currently has no religious or philosophical significance (as in, it's not a snake eating it's own tail or something), and my brother thinks it's probably the television equivalent of an "Easter Egg" put into a computer game, meaning it's a design created by one of the show's designers as a sort of inside joke that really only has meaning for him (eg., maybe he stylized his initials into this shape). I still have no idea what significance it'll have on the show, however. I like the idea of a brand - maybe Claire's dad will be able to track the branded ones or something.
    It is in fact an RNA strand, or a single strand of DNA (i.e. half of the double helix).

  14. #64
    back at it Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    0
    New episode tonight at 9/8c.

    D 435 / S 340 / B 305

    Journal

    "I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

    "OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

    "Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

  15. #65
    Journalist galileo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,290
    Can't wait!

  16. #66
    back at it Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    0
    3 thumbs up.

    I liked the little sneak preview of 300, too.

    D 435 / S 340 / B 305

    Journal

    "I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

    "OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

    "Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

  17. #67
    Journalist galileo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,290
    Great episode.

    300 is going to be ****ing great too.

  18. #68
    Wannabebig New Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ectx View Post
    Tracking system. Brain reading guy mentions that he only got his after he was drugged and met the haitian guy.
    Word on that my brutha ...Damn it was good . I cant get enough of the show .

    BTW am I the only guy that thinks Simone is hot as hell ?
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

  19. #69
    back at it Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    0
    I guess Linderman is the mastermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawl View Post
    BTW am I the only guy that thinks Simone is hot as hell ?
    Ugh... yes.

    D 435 / S 340 / B 305

    Journal

    "I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

    "OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

    "Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

  20. #70
    Journalist galileo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,290
    7 months until the Cheerleader is legal.


  21. #71
    C.S.C.S. ddegroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,817
    Awesome episode!

    I'm waiting for niki to break out. That will be a serious blood bath!

    300 looks amazing, I loved Sin City. 300 looks like it will blow it out of the water.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

    "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

    "Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

  22. #72
    Wannabe Rick James Genacide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,591
    As soon as Hiro slowed down time, but not stop it I said to me wife "Good Enough". 2 seconds later Hiro looks at the sword and says "Good Enough".

    Priceless




    *yea it was good if you were there.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

  23. #73
    Journalist galileo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    9,290
    Nathan is the Cheerleader's father. I knew it!

  24. #74
    el imposible ectx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,422
    me too. It looks like peter can recall the powers he's been in contact with.
    ecDoesIt

    "You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

    My latest (and only) WBB article.

  25. #75
    back at it Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    0
    Yeah, I guess we saw a hint of why Peter would explode. His power is entirely too powerful for his pansy-ass self. The invisible dude just needs to stay by his side and knock him out whenever he starts getting nutty.

    D 435 / S 340 / B 305

    Journal

    "I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

    "OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

    "Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •