The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes

I have faith in you guys.

Also, a brain teaser: what happens if Sylar takes the Haitians gift? Does he just nullify everyone else's gift, or himself too?

I'm going to go on record here and say that I think Claire's dad also has some sort of gift, but we don't know what it is yet. I don't buy that he's just a random guy who got mixed up in all of this stuff.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

Quote Originally Posted by McIrish View Post
    I'm going to go on record here and say that I think Claire's dad also has some sort of gift, but we don't know what it is yet. I don't buy that he's just a random guy who got mixed up in all of this stuff.
    Maybe the entire adoption story is a lie? She didn't find the parents herself; he did it for her. Easy to set up fakes. Maybe she's a child by another mother? Or maybe the mother is really her 'mother', and he made the Haitian make her forget about it. The Haitian himself stated he'd done that to her countless times.
    Last edited by phreak; 12-18-2006 at 06:49 AM.

Also, has the Haitian ever made Bennett forget anything? If not, why? What does Bennett have over him that would keep him from doing it...a power or something else?
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

Alright, I can't help but bump this piece... what do you guys think those strange symbols on the "marked" guys' shoulders are? The radioactive man has one, the cop has one, and if I'm not mistaken, Isaac painted a large one in one of his drug-induced hazes.

Speculation? I'm going to go with a tracking system...
    25 years old, 5'10''

Health goals

I think those are tracking marks that bennett put on them.

Also, a brain teaser: what happens if Sylar takes the Haitians gift? Does he just nullify everyone else's gift, or himself too?

The haitian can control anyone's power. Sylar would be useless around him. The haitian has some sort of mind control powers.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

Alright, I can't help but bump this piece... what do you guys think those strange symbols on the "marked" guys' shoulders are? The radioactive man has one, the cop has one, and if I'm not mistaken, Isaac painted a large one in one of his drug-induced hazes.

Speculation? I'm going to go with a tracking system...
    Tracking system. Brain reading guy mentions that he only got his after he was drugged and met the haitian guy.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Quote Originally Posted by ddegroff View Post
    The haitian can control anyone's power. Sylar would be useless around him. The haitian has some sort of mind control powers.

I'm not so sure that he can "control their power", but rather interfere with their mind as a whole...hence why he can erase memories AND block powers
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

Alright, I can't help but bump this piece... what do you guys think those strange symbols on the "marked" guys' shoulders are?
    That symbol has been everywhere throughout the show. It was on the cover of the book that Dr. Chandra wrote... it was even outlined in the DNA sequences in that program on his computer. There was also the same mark on future Hiro's sword, as well as on evil Nicki (not normal Nicki). I doubt it's a tracking device.
    Last edited by Beast; 12-21-2006 at 09:31 PM.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

I don't think it's a device as much as a code....kind of like a bar code.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    That symbol has been everywhere throughout the show. It was on the cover of the book that Dr. Chandra wrote... it was even outlined in the DNA sequences in that program on his computer. There was also the same mark on future Hiro's sword, as well as on evil Nicki (not normal Nicki). I doubt it's a tracking device.
    Quote Originally Posted by ectx View Post
    I don't think it's a device as much as a code....kind of like a bar code.
    Yeah, I misspoke. I don't mean a tracking device in that it was "implanted" into them, but more like a code [someone online suggested that it represented a single RNA helix, but I think that's a bit farfetched]. I just talked to my brothers about it last night. We also noticed that the drugged out painter drew it twice (I think twice, but I can only recall once off the top of my head right now), and we were trying to speculate what sort of symbol it might be.

AFAIK, it currently has no religious or philosophical significance (as in, it's not a snake eating it's own tail or something), and my brother thinks it's probably the television equivalent of an "Easter Egg" put into a computer game, meaning it's a design created by one of the show's designers as a sort of inside joke that really only has meaning for him (eg., maybe he stylized his initials into this shape). I still have no idea what significance it'll have on the show, however. I like the idea of a brand - maybe Claire's dad will be able to track the branded ones or something.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Health goals

Wikipedia to the rescue! They have a whole section about the symbol, plus a lot of info about all the characters at the very bottom.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

Yeah, I misspoke. I don't mean a tracking device in that it was "implanted" into them, but more like a code [someone online suggested that it represented a single RNA helix, but I think that's a bit farfetched]. I just talked to my brothers about it last night. We also noticed that the drugged out painter drew it twice (I think twice, but I can only recall once off the top of my head right now), and we were trying to speculate what sort of symbol it might be.

AFAIK, it currently has no religious or philosophical significance (as in, it's not a snake eating it's own tail or something), and my brother thinks it's probably the television equivalent of an "Easter Egg" put into a computer game, meaning it's a design created by one of the show's designers as a sort of inside joke that really only has meaning for him (eg., maybe he stylized his initials into this shape). I still have no idea what significance it'll have on the show, however. I like the idea of a brand - maybe Claire's dad will be able to track the branded ones or something.
    It is in fact an RNA strand, or a single strand of DNA (i.e. half of the double helix).

New episode tonight at 9/8c.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

Can't wait!

3 thumbs up.

I liked the little sneak preview of 300, too.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

Great episode.

300 is going to be ****ing great too.

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ectx View Post
    Tracking system. Brain reading guy mentions that he only got his after he was drugged and met the haitian guy.
    Word on that my brutha ...Damn it was good . I cant get enough of the show .

BTW am I the only guy that thinks Simone is hot as hell ?
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

I guess Linderman is the mastermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawl View Post
    BTW am I the only guy that thinks Simone is hot as hell ?
    Ugh... yes.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

7 months until the Cheerleader is legal.

Awesome episode!

I'm waiting for niki to break out. That will be a serious blood bath!

300 looks amazing, I loved Sin City. 300 looks like it will blow it out of the water.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

As soon as Hiro slowed down time, but not stop it I said to me wife "Good Enough". 2 seconds later Hiro looks at the sword and says "Good Enough".

Priceless

*yea it was good if you were there.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Nathan is the Cheerleader's father. I knew it!

me too. It looks like peter can recall the powers he's been in contact with.
    ecDoesIt

Anthony

- Sinclair Lewis

Yeah, I guess we saw a hint of why Peter would explode. His power is entirely too powerful for his pansy-ass self. The invisible dude just needs to stay by his side and knock him out whenever he starts getting nutty.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal