Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes

By the way, what is Sylar doing to the Heroe's heads/brains? Did I read someone saying that he eats them? And what is his ultimate goal? Is it to kill Claire? To kill all heroes? And does he only temporarily absorb their powers?
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

Man, who knows? It seemed like his main interest was in Claire, but now he's become side-tracked with Mohinder... maybe because the more powers he has, the easier it'll be to try to get Claire again. I love how he seems to keep becoming more and more evil... great villain. Why do you think his powers are only temporary?

Next week looks like it's going to answer a lot of questions.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Fantastic episode tonight.

Combining Bennet's comments 'You've infused yourself with so much DNA you've become unstable' with the removing of brain thing most people think he eats at least part of it.

His ultimate goal is Highlander: There may be only one. When he's got everyone else's powers he'll be the most powerful and highly evolved person in the world. He'll be truly special, like he always dreamed of. Claire's regeneration combined with all his other powers would make aquiring the rest a LOT easier.

His power absorbing is permanent, as far as we've seen.

My girlfriend, who is only casually interested, audibly gasped at the end of the episode when Issac accidently shot Simone. She turned to me and said 'You were right.. this is a good show'. I win.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    By the way, what is Sylar doing to the Heroe's heads/brains? Did I read someone saying that he eats them? And what is his ultimate goal? Is it to kill Claire? To kill all heroes? And does he only temporarily absorb their powers?
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

My family is hooked on this show. I finally watched some last night, pretty interesting stuff.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

I guess they hooked me on it. Do think Simone will live? The Asian guys are funny.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

No she's dead, but apparantly there are plans to bring one of the dead characters (yes, someone ELSE will die) back in future episodes. So either flashbacks or some time-travel, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBoxer View Post
    Combining Bennet's comments 'You've infused yourself with so much DNA you've become unstable' with the removing of brain thing most people think he eats at least part of it.
    I guess I've always assumed he's removing the skull to view how the brain works and thus how the special power works. Very much like he was doing with watches and clocks as he fixed them.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Reasonable, but nowhere near as fun as serving it up with some fava beans and a glass of Chianti.

Plus the brain is emphasized as being MISSING at all the scenes. "Where's the brain?"

If he's going to destroy it, as evidence, then why wouldn't he destroy the entire body?
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

Damn, next Monday can't come quickly enough. This show is addictive!
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"

Quote Originally Posted by Altephor View Post
    No she's dead, but apparantly there are plans to bring one of the dead characters (yes, someone ELSE will die) back in future episodes. So either flashbacks or some time-travel, most likely.
    Isn't she in the visions of the future where Peter goes boom though? I remember Isaac pulling her back from it all.
    LaLa

Peter's dreams are not literal. They are metaphorical.

Quote Originally Posted by McIrish View Post
    Alright, I can't help but bump this piece... what do you guys think those strange symbols on the "marked" guys' shoulders are? The radioactive man has one, the cop has one, and if I'm not mistaken, Isaac painted a large one in one of his drug-induced hazes.

Speculation? I'm going to go with a tracking system...
    Oooh, bingo, I guessed right! This last episode was so freaking good. I like how Peter has to struggle with finding himself - he's tasting a little of the dark side, so he's not all hearts and rainbows, which makes him a little more believable as a character, IMHO. Same with Claire.

Geez, that wireless girl probably takes the cake for hottest woman on the show, too.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

Quote Originally Posted by McIrish View Post
    Geez, that wireless girl probably takes the cake for hottest woman on the show, too.
    By far! She seems pretty sketchy, though.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    By far! She seems pretty sketchy, though.
    Agreed. I think she's workin' for the other side. But still... dang, what a hottie.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

Quote Originally Posted by rookiebldr View Post
    I guess I've always assumed he's removing the skull to view how the brain works and thus how the special power works. Very much like he was doing with watches and clocks as he fixed them.
    That's how I assumed it to be.

Why did they shoot him?

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

so that he could claim the haitian stole claire and that way know that claire is safe.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

They shot him because he'd probably rather sacrifice himself than Claire, and as ectx said, to claim that the Haitian stole her.

I'm not sure that Claire's father is dead....I mean he did get shot but not sure.

The invisible guy also got shot pretty bad all that time ago but he's still alive.

Why did he erase his memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    I'm not sure that Claire's father is dead....I mean he did get shot but not sure.

The invisible guy also got shot pretty bad all that time ago but he's still alive.
    He told him to shoot him in the right spot so he wouldn't die... that gun must REALLY suck. It's like a .22 or something.
    Last edited by Beast; 02-26-2007 at 08:28 PM.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

I thought he just asked him to go deep enough to remove any knowledge of where the Haitian will take her. He looks like he's alive and back at the lab/paper factory next week.

What was up with that new brunette hottie in the lab? She was looking good!

He told him to shoot him in the right spot so he wouldn't die... that gun must REALLY suck. It's like a .22 or something.
    I missed that - "shoot me in the right spot so I won't die"....so if he doesn't plan on dying, why get shot in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior10 View Post
    I missed that - "shoot me in the right spot so I won't die"....so if he doesn't plan on dying, why get shot in the first place?
    So that he could
    Quote Originally Posted by ectx View Post
    claim the haitian stole claire and that way know that claire is safe.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

Is it possible that the Haitian can remove specific memories, or "areas", without necessarily having to wipe-out a whole time period in a linear fashion?

In other words, maybe he can erase specific memories, without simply "erasing the most recent 30 minutes, hour, or half-day", if that makes sense.

Ah - I see.

Tonight's was a pretty dramatic episode...one of the more dramatic ones. It focussed entirely on the Bennetts. That image of a burnt-up Claire emerging from the scorched house will remain with me for a couple days.