The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Disregarding The Lower Body?

My upper body is seriously lacking. I do compound routines, but it seems my lower back and lower body is getting the most bang. At my heaviest (305 and FAT) I had no boobs, my arms were still 'thin'.. I think I need to focus more on the upper body. I'm now 225 and I just feel less fat.

I want to get my arms and chest up in size. I know there is more to my upper body than just arms and pecs, so could anyone suggest what I should be doing??? I had rotator cuff surgery YEARS ago, I'd like to strengthen my shoulders also... Cardio would be my only lower body work out..

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Do a nice full body routine, eat properly and everything will fall into place.
    Nick V

First, change the title above your avatar.

Second, work the body as a unit, eat balanced meals, get enough rest, stay consistent, and you'll get the results you want.

Dropping strength training for your lower body (and therefore 70% of the muscle in your body) is a good way to slow everyyyyyyyything down. Don't do it.

Post your workout routine along with the weight you used for your last sessions. Maybe we can help fix it.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Yeah, tell us what you've actually been doing up to this point.

The problem may be in the routine itself.
    Forever Goal: Strength

Weightlifting sucks. I just like to lift heavy things.

Thanks for changing the title.

How long have you been using bill starr's program? What were your starting numbers and what are your current numbers (on each lift in his program)?

How long have you been lifting in general?

"Cardio" is anything that increases your heart rate - including weight lifting.

Ahh, when you said you had surgery years ago, I didn't think it was still an issue. Sounds like you should incorporate some rehab/mobility drills before you worry about getting bigger/stronger.

Btw, your deadlift/bench/military press numbers all seem fairly balanced to me. So maybe you're just making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Shoulder rotations and dislocates would be a good place to start. Overhead squats with a broomstick will help "test" your progress.

What are your measurements?

What your lifting is like a mirror image of what I can do. Now i dont feel as bad about my bench weight. I think my upper body is lagging aswell but then again my upper body has always been behind. I just figured it would all fix it self after a while of using a good routine and eating right.