The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

calf workout with limited equipment?

I workout at home and just have an adjustable bench, free weights, squat bar, olympic bar, ez curl bar and adjustable dumbbells.

how can i do my calfs with this equipment? maybe i have to buy a calf machine which i dont wanna do cause my weights are in my room and take up alot of room allready.

thanks.
    my goals: gain weight and muscle mass

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Go outside with some DBs, hold the DBs, stand with your toes on the curb, calf raise away.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

wow, why didnt i think of that... genius

Or put a bar on your neck like you're squatting and do them on a stair. Or sit and rest dumbells on your knees. Though that's iffy.

it would be hard to keep your balance holdign the bar like a squat and going up and donw on your toes... i dont think its really possible to do calf raises with this equipment?

Banned
    Hold a dumbbell in one hand and do one-leg calf raises off of some stairs, curb, etc.

get a backpack, fill it full of weight and do calf raises on the stairs.
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weight!" - Ronnie Coleman

"You've got to love what you're doing. If you love it, you can overcome any handicap or the soreness or all the aches and pains, and continue to play for a long, long time." -Gordie Howe

get 2 pieces of 2x4, nail them together.. instant curb!

now grab your bar (whichever grip you prefer) with a **** load of weight, and put that new curb to some good use.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Wannabebig Member
    i would agree, using a curb or brick to work your calfs with a dumbbell in hand is very simple but effective. I use one of the legs on my squat rack to do calf raises and find that really works well.

the only problem is when the weight doesnt become challenging anymore, and you cant fit any more plates on your dumbbell!
    Richard, please contact Daniel Clough regarding advertising on this site. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Altephor
    Or put a bar on your neck like you're squatting and do them on a stair. Or sit and rest dumbells on your knees. Though that's iffy.

You don't have to put the bar like your suatting. You can even hold it like your doing shrugs and go up on your toes. No stairs needed, although they probably work better?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drew
    Go outside with some DBs, hold the DBs, stand with your toes on the curb, calf raise away.

Im totally with what Drew said. I used to do these everynight for about 10 - 15 minutes. My calfs burned so bad. But it worked great since I played basketball my vertical jump went up nicely.
    Current Stats:
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 160
    BF%: ~7-8%
    Barbell Bench: 240# x 1 rep
    Dumbell Bench: 95# x 6 reps

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John