Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Flags of our fathers

  1. #1
    You stay classy San Diego. Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, FL
    Posts
    1,175

    Flags of our fathers

    Easily the worst movie I have ever seen in my whole life. I love war movies, but this one blew. It made no sence with flash backs and flashforwards totaly thowing you off. I had no idea who was who and it was poorly made. Yet, it got great reviews, who reviewed this movie a bunch of monkeys? Did anyone else see it or think of it differently then I did?
    I am SO glad I'm female.
    Seriously - I had NO IDEA it was this complicated.
    I just tell my husband he makes love like a God, feed him a steak, and I'm done for the day. Super easy.

    God bless men. - Built

  2. #2
    Back in business WBBIRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Fridge
    Posts
    5,604
    If your familar with Iwo Jima and the battle that took place and even knew beforehand what and where Mt. Suribachi was then you would know exactly what was going on and exactly who the people were.

    You probably loved the **** out of jarhead, which was a disgrace to everything good the armed forces have ever done.

    If you didnt know who was who, then you werent paying attention.

  3. #3
    You stay classy San Diego. Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, FL
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    If your familar with Iwo Jima and the battle that took place and even knew beforehand what and where Mt. Suribachi was then you would know exactly what was going on and exactly who the people were.

    You probably loved the **** out of jarhead, which was a disgrace to everything good the armed forces have ever done.

    If you didnt know who was who, then you werent paying attention.
    No I know every battel of WWII and love the stratigy behind every action. I know all about the generals and everything that took place. I have not seen jar head but herd it sucked by alot of people and therefore will not see it. But FOoF sucked baddd. I knew who the main people were but not their friends and such, and it only confused me.
    I am SO glad I'm female.
    Seriously - I had NO IDEA it was this complicated.
    I just tell my husband he makes love like a God, feed him a steak, and I'm done for the day. Super easy.

    God bless men. - Built

  4. #4
    Back in business WBBIRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Fridge
    Posts
    5,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
    No I know every battel of WWII and love the stratigy behind every action. I know all about the generals and everything that took place. I have not seen jar head but herd it sucked by alot of people and therefore will not see it. But FOoF sucked baddd. I knew who the main people were but not their friends and such, and it only confused me.

    Well the movie was centered around the flag raisers (hence flags of our fathers). Granted they didnt do as well as they could have with this, but they did LEAPS AND BOUNDS better then they did with pearl harbor.

  5. #5
    天龙 McIrish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Deep in the night
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    Well the movie was centered around the flag raisers (hence flags of our fathers). Granted they didnt do as well as they could have with this, but they did LEAPS AND BOUNDS better then they did with pearl harbor.
    W, I haven't seen Flags of our Fathers, but come on now... is it really that hard to do "leaps and bounds" better than pearl harbor?
    25 years old, 5'10''

    Back in the States to get hayooooge!

    Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    273
    This is the movie Clint Eastwood was behind right?

    I'd like to see it.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34
    I will have to check this movie out love the WW2 stuff, movies and games I am even thinking about pick up Brother In Arms for 360 when it hits the stores...what can I say I love my WW2.

  8. #8
    Back in business WBBIRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Fridge
    Posts
    5,604
    They ruined pearl harbor 1000 times over, this is actually worth the time to watch it... alot more then jarhead was.

  9. #9
    You stay classy San Diego. Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, FL
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher
    I will have to check this movie out love the WW2 stuff, movies and games I am even thinking about pick up Brother In Arms for 360 when it hits the stores...what can I say I love my WW2.
    I do too, and Band of brothers took the place of my heart. Sayiing that, this movie sucked and the action wasn't much above the plot. Although it was true, it still sucked. And personally, I think pear harbor blow this one ut of hte water (no pun intended)
    I am SO glad I'm female.
    Seriously - I had NO IDEA it was this complicated.
    I just tell my husband he makes love like a God, feed him a steak, and I'm done for the day. Super easy.

    God bless men. - Built

  10. #10
    Gamer/Lifter
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    2,093
    jar head was a waste of my time, I wrote a letter demanding I be compensated for my time spent watching the movie. Well not really, but I should of.

    I remember seeing the commercials for jar head and going "Wow that'll prob be cool" it sucked...

    Pearl Harbor wasn't too bad

    Haven't seen this new movie yet though.
    Last edited by Nik00117; 11-02-2006 at 01:57 PM.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

  11. #11
    Back in business WBBIRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Fridge
    Posts
    5,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik00117
    jar head was a waste of my time, I wrote a letter demanding I be compensated for my time spent watching the movie. Well not really, but I should of.

    I remember seeing the commercials for jar head and going "Wow that'll prob be cool" it sucked...

    Pearl Harbor wasn't too bad

    Haven't seen this new movie yet though.


    Unless you have zero idea what peral harbor was about, or have a bleeding slice between your legs then that was one of the.... well I dont even know how to respond to that!

    Peral Harbor WASNT a love story
    Last edited by WBBIRL; 11-02-2006 at 02:48 PM.

  12. #12
    Gamer/Lifter
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    2,093
    I have an idea, and its made by hollywood, not the history channel.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

  13. #13
    System's BiAtch! _8_Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    Unless you have zero idea what peral harbor was about, or have a bleeding slice between your legs then that was one of the.... well I dont even know how to respond to that!

    Peral Harbor WASNT a love story
    Other then the movie being centered around a love story, what was wrong with it? was it inacurate?

    stop bichin' and start splanin' :-)

    8

  14. #14
    Back in business WBBIRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Fridge
    Posts
    5,604
    The focus of the whole movie was around that guy and whoever the hell it was knocking up his ole lady while he was presumed dead.

    This should have been the type of movie that you had to BEG women to go see, not agree with them on how romantic is was.

    Not saying anything was disaccurate, but how can you incorporate love storys into WAR MOVIES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

    This history channel version would have been 1000X better

  15. #15
    Baby Seal Clubber ElPietro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    12,778
    FYI, not every movie is a documentary...
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

    Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

    ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

    A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

    If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

    Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

    I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

    Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

    Current FFFA Enforcer

  16. #16
    You stay classy San Diego. Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, FL
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    The focus of the whole movie was around that guy and whoever the hell it was knocking up his ole lady while he was presumed dead.

    This should have been the type of movie that you had to BEG women to go see, not agree with them on how romantic is was.

    Not saying anything was disaccurate, but how can you incorporate love storys into WAR MOVIES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

    This history channel version would have been 1000X better
    OMG I love the history channel and <3 military channel rapppe! xcept their super long commercials they suck!
    I am SO glad I'm female.
    Seriously - I had NO IDEA it was this complicated.
    I just tell my husband he makes love like a God, feed him a steak, and I'm done for the day. Super easy.

    God bless men. - Built

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •