The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

bench press record?

i am wondering, whats the bench press record for a 17 year old male? i know im probably not near it, but last week i maxed 360 but that was after 2 super sets. so i am going back today to try to max again with just a little warm up..want to get 375-380. also i waws wondering, anyone have any tips on warm ups or things to do before maxing to get the best results possible? thanks again

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by bradleykavin
    i am wondering, whats the bench press record for a 17 year old male? i know im probably not near it, but last week i maxed 360 but that was after 2 super sets. so i am going back today to try to max again with just a little warm up..want to get 375-380. also i waws wondering, anyone have any tips on warm ups or things to do before maxing to get the best results possible? thanks again

This guy is 16, he said he can do 440x2, the vid is 315x8 I believe. It's in the member's pics and videos section but heres the direct link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73Kk4pjHl8
    6'5"
    200lbs
    Bench - 270x5
    Squat - 350x5
    Bulking

Raw or equipped??? A natural raw 360 bench at 17 is amazing esp if you are 220 or less. In my home state the record was 420 raw at 198 18-19 age group but this was a non drug tested record.
    Last edited by Dale Mabry; 10-29-2006 at 03:20 PM.

also i waws wondering, anyone have any tips on warm ups or things to do before maxing to get the best results possible? thanks again
    The fact that you are asking us what a proper warm-up would be makes your claim of a 360 bench press...questionable. Video is required.

Here is a link to the raw Bench records

http://www.rawpowerlifting.com/wrecords.htm

Wannabebig Member
    i think what you mean by raw is wiwthout a bench shirt? the answer is no i dont have a bench shirt. and i weigh 255 not 220, lol i wish i weighed 220. im not a professional lifter so no, i dont know any proper warm up routines. i played football for four years and lifted with them, and since i stopped played i lift with my buddy and we go 4-5 days a week. noting special, work chest and tricepts and calvs one day..next day bicepts shoulders and legs..ive never taken any suppliments except for protien shakes but that was for weight loss..and ill have a video up for sure when i do it again

Wannabebig Member
    dale, dude a 405 bench press is o good man. whats your workout like?

Wannabebig Member
    dale, call me an idiot but im kind of confused about that chart. where is the 17 year old record? or is it weight and age? if thats the case, i weigh 255

dale, call me an idiot but im kind of confused about that chart. where is the 17 year old record? or is it weight and age? if thats the case, i weigh 255

242 at 16-17 is 345
    275 at 16-17 is only 285 ??? That is odd, must be a off class.....at 18-19 it jumps to 400lbs

a kid at my school had done 380.
    [Journal | My Diet]
    [Bench 170x5 | Squat 255x5 | Deadlift 300x5]
    "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried."

Why do so many people think that biceps are spelled with a "T"?
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur