The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

8" inch roll - 600 calories?

I usually have grilled chicken with cheese on an 8" roll for lunch at our caf. I entered it into fitday and it's telling me that the roll by itself is about 600 calories which seems incredibly high.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Where can I get one of these wonderous things?

p.s. fitday is just an estimate. You'd have to weight each ingredient to get precise numbers.
    ------------------
    deadlift: 365 x 1 | bench: 225 x 5 | squat: 225 x 5

Seems reasonable. Depends on what is on it. Figure 200-300 for the roll. 200-300 for chicken breast. 2 slices of cheese can easily be 200 cals. Add any condements or other stuff and your easily up to a 800+cal roll/sandwhich.
    Nick V

Yes I agree. Cheese alone is very fatening and high in calories. I had a turkey salad wrap with provologne cheese and lettuce and it totaled to about 900 cals and about 20 or 30 g of fat.

No no, it's telling me the ROLL, by itself, is about 600 calories. Just the bread.

Depends on what kind of roll I guess. My subs/rolls usually are somewhere around 350 cals. when I eat them

Quote Originally Posted by Altephor
    No no, it's telling me the ROLL, by itself, is about 600 calories. Just the bread.
    Fitday is a little wierd on some things. That's not right. Try to find a similar roll in a grocery store package and see what it says, even if you only find 12" subs rolls, and do the math. I'd guess 300 +/- for an 8" roll.
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

Are you sure it's not for an 8 foot roll?

Fitday has no way to analyze your roll.

It's dependant on how it is made. Go to a store and read the nutrional info on all sorts of rolls and you will see how greatly it varies. If you are really serious about finding out what it is.... bring one home and dissect it, weigh the parts and then compile a list....

Life is short..SO LIVE IT! Validus's Avatar
    Thats nothing, I don't know if any of you have ever tried a German Stollen but those things have 500 cal in a one inch servings. I had a piece looked at the back, spit it out, but unfortunatelty there were still around 250 callories of crumbs in my mouth lol.

The funny part is, being a chemist I probably could determine all of it if I really wanted to. I'll try finding something packaged. A friend of mine works in a deli so maybe he'll be able to tell me.

The funny part is, being a chemist I probably could determine all of it if I really wanted to. I'll try finding something packaged. A friend of mine works in a deli so maybe he'll be able to tell me.
    Truthfully to assertain the nutritional content of the roll you would need to be a chemist, unless of course you are measuring the energy stored in the roll by other means. :evillaugh
    Move heavy weight, eat, sleep, repeat.
    Geniuses make complicated scenarios simple, morons take simple concepts and complicate them.

WBB Member
    Fitday's database is worthless for all but the most basic of foods - i.e., plain fish, chicken, fruit, vegetables, cuts of steak, etc.

If it's not natural and unprocessed, fitday's estimates are going to be slightly to way off.

I actually found a more updated site like fitday here:

www.calorieking.com

They have data from all major restaurants in their database, and a lot of other stuff that fitday didn't seem to have by default. Unfortunately you have to pay to use the tracking features of the site, so I just use their database to look up certain fruits, fish, meats, etc. that aren't listed in fitday.

Only happy when bulking radioheadhead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Validus
    Thats nothing, I don't know if any of you have ever tried a German Stollen but those things have 500 cal in a one inch servings. I had a piece looked at the back, spit it out, but unfortunatelty there were still around 250 callories of crumbs in my mouth lol.

haha
    Height: 6' weight:197
    BF%: ~12%?

bench: 280 x 1
    squat: 370 x 1
    dead: 360 x 1

goal: 225 @ < 10% bodyfat

http://www.grappling.com russianwol's Avatar
    I usually have grilled chicken with cheese on an 8" roll for lunch at our caf. I entered it into fitday and it's telling me that the roll by itself is about 600 calories which seems incredibly high.
    That roll has about 350 to 400 calories in it alone. Just go to a deli that makes them, ask to look at the package. I was shocked when I saw the nutritional value
    "If I were not Alexander, I should wish to be Diogenes." - Alexander The Great

Maxes: B: 200, D: TBD, S: TBD | 172lb @ 6% on 12/17/2006
    Goals: B:225, D: TBD, S: TBD | | 200lb or 12%

MySpace | USDA Nutrient Values | Built | V-Taper