The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

My thoughts on NHE

After trying out the Natural Hormonal Enhancement program for a couple of weeks, I've decided to get off it.

I tried to bulk using it and instead started getting even leaner (which i thought was impossible since i'm really lean already).

Don't get me wrong, NHE, imho, is a great program for fat loss. I just cant bulk with it. Maybe it's just me. I swear, I've never been so sick of mayo and salad dressing in my life. I really inhaled so much protein and fat i thought i'd blimp up, but instead i got leaner with it (just as Rob said it would)

Anyways, pros of the program i felt are:

fat loss
    high energy levels
    positive effects on psychological state (ie. i feel good)

Cons are:

weight loss (not my goal at this time. prolly for some of u this is a pro too)

In fact, I wrote to Rob stating my situation. Here's a record of my transaction with him.

Hi Rob!

I purchased your book recently, and I am doing the bodybuilder's plan inside

The thing is, I'm an extremely lean (ie. skinny haha) and underweight individual, although I've been training for a long time. Recently I've been losing weight again and people are telling me how skinny i've gotten

I'm on the third day of the plan, following it to the 'T', and feel as though I'm still losing weight. I'm taking in alot of protein and fat though.

My question to you, sir, is this program really suitable for people in my situation? I just need to put on weight. And I know, lean weight is always better. Or should I stick with traditional bulking methods?

I've read nothing but good reviews of you, and I'm confident you will reply my question from an unbiased and honest stand.

Thank you!

Qea

Dear Qea

Thanks for your letter

The answer to your question is "yes" the Bodybuilders' NHE Eating Plan is suitable for people in your situation. The key is to consume enough fat, which is a challenge. You may need to supplement with oil. As I state in my book, the bodybuilders' plan is much more difficult than the general plan. Also, be aware that traditional bulking methods (i.e., high carb) cause you to retain much more water than a lower-carb regimen. This makes people feel "bulkier" - but it is merely water weight. What most bodybuilders want is not "bulk" (whatever that means) but rather muscle. If you are simply desperate to gain weight (no matter whether it is water, fat, or muscle), then a high-carb diet would be better for you.

I wish you the best of health, success, and happiness.

Sincerely yours,

Rob

Anyways, i'm back to traditional bulking. Hope that works out well. For those who are on the NHE (Doc, Monstar, etc) I wish you guys all the best. It's a great program.
    Don't eat the yellow snow

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Qea-
    I dont think that NHE is proper for bulking. Okay actually a Modified NHE in my opinion would be excellent for bulking. Lets say you want to bulk up and are training Mon, Wed, and Fri. Keeping your carbs down at all times this is the way that I feel you should go about bulking... every meal should be low carb, mod fat, mod protein as he recommends. But then postworkout, after EACH and every training session is a carb-load. From the time when your workout ends until you go to bed that night you just pack and pack and pack your body with a huge rush of carbs. First maybe start with a dextrose and maltodextrin combo postworkout, then just dump in the complex and simple low-fat foods all night.

I personally think that this would be your best bet.

Good luck.

yeah i hear what you're saying, Monstar.

The premise of having a carb load only during the last meal of the 3rd/4th day is so that your body won't shift out of the fat-burner stage into a sugar-burner.

But if i load carbs the way u suggested, wouldnt my metabolic state be affected? Then u wont get the hormonal benefits of the program.

Well, I'm sticking to carbs, pro and fats at each meal. I figured insulin can be my good friend
    Don't eat the yellow snow

Qea-
    You could be right... I mean you may not be optimizing your fat-burning horomones like glucagon (sp.) but you would be optimizing hGH and insulin.