The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

NHE Carb Meal Questions..

With my new training routine I am going to be working out on Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday, and Friday. I am carb-loading on Wednesday and Saturday nights. Should I readjust my carb-loads to suit my workouts. I mean I am not sure how much of a difference the placing on the carb-up meals makes but I am thinking that they should be postworkout or something along those lines.

What do you guys think?

Maybe change it up like every other training day or something..? Maybe like Sunday and then again on Wednesday (supposed to have 3-4 days between carb-loads).. or Monday, and then Friday. I dont know... what do you guys think?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Monstar you have been progressing great. Just have your carb-ups like you have been having them dude. I mean if the days workout days still land on the same day.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Marcel-
    Yeah I know bro but I mean I am thinking though... okay if I have a huge carb-meal after my back and leg training sessions, I am afraid Ill mess up the other days ya know? For example if I hit my back hard and heavy in the gym and then 2 hours later have this HUGE insulin rush due to the massive intake of carbs, that will create a more anabolic enviroment compared to Friday when I hit up arms, and post-training they dont get that insulin rush... I hope that you see what I am getting at. Thats why I want to maybe do an every other day type of thing... lemme go through 3 weeks of what it would look every other training session.... later.

Heres a sample two weeks with alternating my NHE carb-meal every other workout. Seems like a good idea. This covers all of my training days so this would be it basically repeating these 2 weeks.

Sun- carb meal
    Mon
    Tue
    Wed- carb meal
    Thu
    Fri
    Sat

Sun
    Mon- carb meal
    Tue
    Wed
    Thu
    Fri- carb meal
    Sat

2 Weeks Alternating Carb-Meals = 4 carb-ups
    2 Weeks Regular Carb-Meals = 4 carb-ups

Wannabebig Member
    plan you're carb ups around a different muscle group each time might be the way to go so youre muscles will get the benefits of GH on the keto days and abundant aminos from the insulin spike on the carb up days.
    Go heavy or go home!!

irish mike-
    Exactly my thoughts bro.