The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

For those with long term muscle twitching

About 9 months ago I started having muscle twitching problems.Three doctors and several thousand dollars later I ran into this website that describes my symptoms to a tee.Unbelievable to me that my neuro Dr. never mentioned this.

http://nextination.com/aboutbfs/forums/index.php

I lift 3-4 times per week and in my pursuit to find out what was going on searched wannabebig for answers from fellow lifters.I found several threads on the topic, however, I don't recall BFS being mentioned.It was a tremendous relief for me (don't google muscle twitching unless you want to be scared half to death) so I thought I would pass it along to you fellow lifters that might have the same issues.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I used to get twitches in my shoulder a lot happened after i started playing football for a couple of years, would happen every other day for on and off for about 30 mintues. I now just get them in my quads sometimes, nothing too crazy

Wannabebig Member
    I read it, and it says you only get tiwches in muscles you can normally move by yourself....

how come at times i have had twiches in muscles i cant move? i dont get them often but i have had twiches in parts of my face which i cant move, and also individual parts or my arms which i cant move individually (without moving the whole muscle)
    Last edited by Manowar; 11-09-2006 at 11:51 AM.

A muscle twitch is due to the nerve sending the impulse to move (I believe). If the nerve can send it, the brain can control it, and therefore you can move the muscle. However, you may also be moving other muscles as well.

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manowar
    I read it, and it says you only get tiwches in muscles you can normally move by yourself....

how come at times i have had twiches in muscles i cant move? i dont get them often but i have had twiches in parts of my face which i cant move, and also individual parts or my arms which i cant move individually (without moving the whole muscle)
    I have twitches in my face as well.What they mean is any voluntary muscle.You can move muscles in your face by smiling frowning etc.Involuntary muscles would be heart,lungs etc...