Thread: I hit a wall.

Hybrid View

John

I hit a wall.

I have been weight training for the last three to four years. I have increased my bench reps from 110 to 210 in that time. I have made gains in other exercises as well. But for approximately the last year or so I have hit a wall. I tried modifying my workout, eating healthier, and sleeping more, but nothing seems to work. I have asked everyone I know and some have said eat more. I tried this and it did not help me. Also I am attending college and have a limited variety in my meal selection. I need someone who knows what they are talking about to help me find and change whatever needs modifying in my lifting and nutrition routines.

Keep bashing at the wall untill it comes crashing down.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

Try taking a week or two off if you have not taken a break before.
    [Journal | My Diet]
    [Bench 170x5 | Squat 255x5 | Deadlift 300x5]
    "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried."

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Quote Originally Posted by John III
    I have been weight training for the last three to four years. I have increased my bench reps from 110 to 210 in that time. I have made gains in other exercises as well. But for approximately the last year or so I have hit a wall. I tried modifying my workout, eating healthier, and sleeping more, but nothing seems to work. I have asked everyone I know and some have said eat more. I tried this and it did not help me. Also I am attending college and have a limited variety in my meal selection. I need someone who knows what they are talking about to help me find and change whatever needs modifying in my lifting and nutrition routines.
    Were you counting calories?

If not then you really didn't try it. You have to be consistent. All the muscle you have gained to this point is metabolically active tissue. It requires energy each day to maintain itself. For this reason it gets harder for you to gain mass.

It sounds to me that the wall you hit is from eating randomly. I say that because it's customary here to post your diet totals which you didn't. I can only assume you don't know what you are eating.

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

well if it took you 3-4 years to go from 110 to 210 then I would look at your diet, training method, or just everything.

If you cant eat, you wont build. To build = more food. TO build more means MORE food. You cant build a 800hp engine with 19lb fuel injectors.
    6' 2" 22years old
    05' 232lbs, 06' summer 200lbs, Currently 226lbs
    FB 345x1 Seated MP 225x5

John
    I know im not eating right but can you give me specific examples of good meals to eat. Including breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner. I have little choice in what I eat, and I need some direction.

Banned
    I know im not eating right but can you give me specific examples of good meals to eat. Including breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner. I have little choice in what I eat, and I need some direction.
    Read the stickies.

Whole foods. If it comes prepared for you, it's probably not a good choice.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    go here...

www.fitday.com

Track your calories. This is the ONLY way to determine the quantity of calories you need to maintain and to gain.

Once you determine that say for example you maintian on 3000 then you can pick a number like 3300 and see how you progress.

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

if you cant eat, drink it. Weight gainers, MRPS, protein shakes.

If your not worried about fat gain, mickey d's etc. Otherwise Chicken, brown rice, potatos, steaksm tuna, olive oil, fish, peanut butter, oatmeal whatever
    6' 2" 22years old
    05' 232lbs, 06' summer 200lbs, Currently 226lbs
    FB 345x1 Seated MP 225x5