The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Uh Oh

Uh Oh

I've been training for about a year now, I've grown a lot, gotten a lot stronger but despite the fact that my biceps have gotten stronger they just seem small compared to the rest of my body (improvement).

Maybe I just have bad genetic for their size or something like that..
    I was thinking maybe I should only train biceps for lke 2-3 weeks to catch up, I don,t like this idea munch since I might loose muscle everywhere else.

Anyway I'd like to have you opinion on that and maybe some good biceps exercice to gain mass...
    "Everyone around here has a 6-pack and I'm the only one with a keg" Homer Simpson

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Don't stop working out the rest of your body. just keep eating and your bi's will grow.
    Last edited by millertime; 02-08-2002 at 01:07 PM.

Banned
    please post your training routine, diet , height, weight.....bicep measurements?

My training is attached
    I do about 2 sets of each 3 for squats, all to failure
    Abs mon wed fri
    I've added a little cardio saturday

diet: 5 meals, not counting everything exactly but I's say about 50% carbs 30-35% protein 15-20% fat (very little saturated)
    total of about 2500 cals

6' 160lbs about 8-10% bf

arms: 14.5 14.75 in
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Everyone around here has a 6-pack and I'm the only one with a keg" Homer Simpson

Banned
    it could just be your genetics holding you back.....

you might want to eat a little more..........try for 3,000 cals per day......and drink water, water, water with creatine!

you said the rest of you is growing to your liking so the only thing i would add is BAR curls with the straight bar.....(more weight can be used)

you say you lift to failure? at about what rep range do you fail at most of the time? hopefully at or around 8.......

always lower the weight twice as slow as you lift <<< tip

Yep, like Dogg said, lower slow & get that negative. After a few sets it will hurt like a bitch but its a good hurt! Eat big, lift heavy & stick with basics. I put about 1.5" on my arms years ago with just standing curls w/barbell, reverse curls, & concentration curls,& only did lying triceps (skull crushers) & close grip bench presses for tri's. Work hard & don't get discouraged-it will take time!
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk.That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."

"I can resist anything but temptation."

"You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.Little things like being spanked every day by a middle aged woman:Stuff you pay good money for later in life."

Alright I'll give a try to waht you suggested, thanks a lot..