The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Adult swim in itself is enough for me to waste the entire day.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force (going to 22 min episodes next year!!)
    Family Guy
    Futurama
    Robot Chicken
    Venture Bros
    Harvey Birdman

There may be hope yet. JustinASU's Avatar
    Silently Slipping into the dark abyss of Insanity
    I can't believe no one has mentioned Arrested Development. One of the best.
    Credulous at best
    Your desire to believe in
    Angels in the hearts of men.
    But pull your head on out of your hippie haze
    And give a listen
    Shouldn't have to say it all again

The Simpsons
    Monty Python
    SCTV (do they have DVD's of the old shows?)
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

wow, thanks again, these suggestions will help keep newness around for a bit. very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinASU
    You beat me to it.

24, and Trailer Park Boys are also great suggestions. Prison Break is also a good show, although I've only just recently gotten into it so I can't really make a recommendation on the first season.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

I watched the first season of prison break. Pretty good. Need to get season 2 on the way.
    Nick V

You can watch season 2 on the net. http://creative.myspace.com/VOD/prison_break/index.html

I also have a good site to download Prison Break in HD, commercial-free. If you're interested PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinASU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNv6-HlMVuw&NR

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

"The Sopranos is one of the most critically praised show of its time.[14] It has been consistently hailed as one of the best shows on television and has been judged the top drama series of all time by TV Guide and appears as the fifth highest show on their Top 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time list (behind only Seinfeld, I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners and All in the Family). The show topped virtually every "Best TV Show" list in its debut season in 1999, with the New York Times calling it "the greatest work of American popular culture in the last 25 years". Newsweek has said in the past that it was "far and away, the best show on television".

Nobody else watches this show?
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    "The Sopranos is one of the most critically praised show of its time.[14] It has been consistently hailed as one of the best shows on television and has been judged the top drama series of all time by TV Guide and appears as the fifth highest show on their Top 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time list (behind only Seinfeld, I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners and All in the Family). The show topped virtually every "Best TV Show" list in its debut season in 1999, with the New York Times calling it "the greatest work of American popular culture in the last 25 years". Newsweek has said in the past that it was "far and away, the best show on television".

I've never really watched much of the show, but it does look good from the little I have seen.

My University offers a 'Sopranos' class, which my girlfriend currently takes. I went to her class once to see what it was all about and it is actually a very complex and interesting show -- lots of imagery, metaphors, etc. There's tons writen about it on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB

no doubt, I can't believe noone else mentioned this. each show is like a short movie. Last season is coming in January. If you ever have an open weekends(its gonna take A WHILE) i HIGHLY suggest plowing through the first 6 seasons on DVD (6 just came out on DVD).
    Last edited by DeHartD; 11-09-2006 at 01:45 PM.
    6'3"

*on the shelf*

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez
    I've never really watched much of the show, but it does look good from the little I have seen.

My University offers a 'Sopranos' class, which my girlfriend currently takes. I went to her class once to see what it was all about and it is actually a very complex and interesting show -- lots of imagery, metaphors, etc. There's tons writen about it on the net.
    Are you serious? What school is that at? I would of taken that class in a heartbeat... best elective i've ever heard of!
    6'3"

*on the shelf*

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez

That'll help land a 100k a year salary post-grad. Hope her parents aren't footing the bill.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Band of Brothers was excellent. WWII series. Very well done.
    Rome is good. More about the characters and intrigue than action.
    Sopranos. Have only seen the first two seasons. Very good.
    Battlestar Gallactica, the new series, if you like sci-fi.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by PhilsterT
    Band of Brothers.
    Fantastic suggestion. Got the box set for Christmas awhile back.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Band of Brothers (if you liked saving private Ryan you'll love this series)
    Sopranos (love the whole mafia thing)
    Lost (neat plot, I'm hooked on the show)
    24 (just finishing up season 1, I have 4 more seasons to watch. Great series so far)
    Rescue Me (I enjoyed the show, just don't have the time to follow the series)
    Rome (I have season 1 and will get around to watching this hopefully soon)
    Sex and The City (wife got me hooked on the show, it's pretty funny)
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Quote Originally Posted by Maki Riddington
    Sex and The City (wife got me hooked on the show, it's pretty funny)

Maki, Maki, Maki. We all know that you suggested the tv series to her.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Wow....

Seinfeld, all you need is Seinfeld.

Waiting for weight! Powdered_Power's Avatar
    Curb your enthusiasm is hilarious! (got all 5 series on dvd soon as i saw one episode of this on tv), arrested developement is equally funny.

A little more serious, sopranos, band of brothers and prison break are all excellent.

EDIT: scrubs is pretty funny aswell
    Last edited by Powdered_Power; 11-09-2006 at 03:20 PM.
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=87300
    21 yrs
    155 lbs 01/2/07 - 167 lbs 16/3/07 -169 lbs 20/4/07
    5'10 ft

Bench: 120lbs
    DL: 160lbs
    Squat: 120lbs ON HOLD
    Total = 400lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Wow....

Seinfeld, all you need is Seinfeld.
    I forgot to put that one on mine. GREAT GREAT show, got better each season i thought.
    6'3"

*on the shelf*

Lost
    Entourage
    Arrested Development

Some of my favorite shows in recent memory...The Office too..

The Sopranos - Watched the first episode and I was hooked ever since

Its always Sunny in Philadelphia (not on dvd yet tho but on the net if you can find it) - My stoner friend introduced me to this series and its actually pretty funny.

Lost - you already know what all the hype is about.

Heroes - This show "might" be better than lost. Well thats what some people say.

Desperate Housewives - My excuse... My gf got me into it.

Prison Break - Dunno if its out on dvd yet, but again its on the net. Definately worth watching. Every episode is a rush!

Quick tip: learn to modify an xbox to play divx/.avi movies. Its just awesome when you can download the new episode of the show that just aired.

Quote Originally Posted by DeHartD
    Are you serious? What school is that at? I would of taken that class in a heartbeat... best elective i've ever heard of!
    HAHA Same here. If you wikipedia the sopranos there some of that stuff there, too
    Last edited by temps; 11-09-2006 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meltedtime
    That'll help land a 100k a year salary post-grad. Hope her parents aren't footing the bill.
    Right, because you've never taken a bird-course right?

It's offered at the University of Ottawa. It's actually called Italian Culture or something like that, but essentially they just watch and analyze the Sopranos.

Sopranos - by far the best show ever invented. But only watch the first three seasons - after that it goes down hill.

Curb Your Enthusiasm - hilarious!

24 - excellent show for being on regular cable. Some of the story lines are getting repetitive/over the top as it ages, but overall still a great show.

CSI - the Las Vegas version is the best, but I've warmed up to the Miami edition as well.

The Ultimate Fighter - improves every season.

King of Queens - recently started watching this on TBS and it's gold. Not sure if it's on DVD.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310