The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hss-100

Kana...Kana...Kana

edit
    Last edited by Kana; 11-22-2006 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Changed routine for journal
    "The individual who goes the furthest is generally the one who is willing to do, dare and attempt new things. The sure thing boat never gets far from shore." - Dale Carnegie

"The most important quality is to live the life you want to have, not the life you have." - Dave Tate

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfullment to all he holds dear - is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle, victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Iron4Life
    Kana.. welcome to Journal land...
    It seems like you have done a lot of thinking..
    Just one question.. why the 100 rep sets?

Quote Originally Posted by bearwolf
    Kana.. welcome to Journal land...
    It seems like you have done a lot of thinking..
    Just one question.. why the 100 rep sets?
    Hello bear. I'm quoting the man himself for the explanation.

"The final exercise of the workout is a "flushing" set of 100 repetitions. Ideally you'd complete the 100 reps without any rest, but at first, while you build up your work capacity, it's okay to take a few 3-5 second pauses during the set.

The purpose of this set isn't to stimulate hypertrophy directly, but rather to enhance recovery from the previous workload. The very high rep/low intensity set will increase muscle flushing which will help bring blood and nutrients to the muscle group as well as the tendons.

It'll also help get rid of the metabolic wastes accumulated during the workout. Plus, systematic use of very high rep sets can increase muscle capillary density (more blood vessels going to the muscles) which will further enhance recovery capacity as well as work capacity.

There will still be a minimal hypertrophy effect from such sets, mostly in the slow-twitch muscle fibers. While athletes don't want that, bodybuilders who are only interested in size will accept any added hypertrophy they can get!"
    Last edited by Kana; 11-10-2006 at 08:59 AM.
    "The individual who goes the furthest is generally the one who is willing to do, dare and attempt new things. The sure thing boat never gets far from shore." - Dale Carnegie

"The most important quality is to live the life you want to have, not the life you have." - Dave Tate

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfullment to all he holds dear - is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle, victorious." - Vince Lombardi

Quads

Squats - 4x8@225
    Leg Press - 3x12@270 (ss) Lunges - 3x10@75lb db
    Sissy Hack Squats - 3x12 @ 180
    Hack Squats - 1x40 @ bar

Calves

Seated Raises - 3x15@90
    Last edited by Kana; 11-13-2006 at 02:28 PM.

Back

Bent Over Rows (Sumo) 4x8@225
    Grasscutters 3x12@60 (ss) Pullovers 3x10@50
    Rope Lat Pulldown 3x12@160
    Pulldowns 1x50@50

Traps

Haney Shrugs 3x10@135
    DB Shrugs 3x10@65
    Calf Machine Shrugs 3x10@220

Calories - 4106

High(er) carb days = 330g protein, 344g carbs, 33g fat

Moderate days = 330g protein, 275g carbs, 33g fat

Low(er) carb days = 330g protein, 206g carbs, 33g fat
    Last edited by Kana; 11-15-2006 at 08:13 AM.

Chest

BB Flat Bench 2x8@225, 2x6@255
    DB Incline 3x10@65 (ss) DB Incline Fly's 3x8@30
    DB Wide/In 3x10@50
    Pec Dec 50@50

Shoulders

Bent Over Lateral Raises 3x10@30
    Standing Front Raises 3x10@30
    RC work
    Last edited by Kana; 11-17-2006 at 11:28 PM.

nice workouts man but your fats look kinda low, taking an old school approch?
    2000 or bust

Squats 10x3 @225lbs 70 secs between sets

Dips 3x6 BW+15lb, 1x6 BW+20lbs
    Superset
    Bent Over DB Row 4x6@80lbs 60 secs between sets

Skull Crushers 4x6@70lbs
    Superset
    Standing DB Curls 4x6@40lbs

Lying Leg raises 4x6 w/20lbs DB
    After testing out the original program I planned on doing I quickly realized it's not for me. I'm not going to gain a lot of strength because those supersets are draining which prevents me from moving heavy weights.

So, I decided to switch to one of Chad Waterbury's full body splits. And I love it! My workout today was awesome and I can't wait for Wednesday when I train again.
    Last edited by Kana; 11-20-2006 at 02:38 PM.

Cardio Day

30 mins light jog 4.5 mph @ 2.0 incline

Flat Bench 10x3@245lbs 60 secs rest

RDL's 4x6@255lbs
    superset
    Standing DB Military Press 4x6@60lbs 60 secs rest

Standing Calve raises 4x6@220lbs
    superset
    Haney Shrugs 4x6@205lbs 60 secs rest

Pushdowns 4x6@160
    superset
    RC work 60 secs rest
    Last edited by Kana; 11-29-2006 at 01:18 PM.

Those are some strong rows. Keep it up!
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

Wow man strong benching, whats your current max?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinStarke
    Wow man strong benching, whats your current max?
    I honestly don't know. The last time I maxed out it was 300, but that was a few months ago. This full body split I'm on now, I'll work the chest three times a week, but with different exercises. So, I'm hoping that I'll set a new PR soon.

Cardio

15 mins walking 4.5 incline 3.0 mph
    15 mins jogging 4.5 incline 4.5 mph

Chins 10x3 @ BW 70 secs rest

DB Incline Press 4x6 6@70, 6@75, 6@80, 6@80
    superset
    Hammer Curls 4x6@45 60 secs rest

Seated calve raises 4x6@110
    superset
    Leg Curls 4x6@120 (supposed to be glute ham raises, but nothing to do them on.) 60 secs rest

Smith Machine lunges 4x6 @135

Cardio

10 mins walking 3.0 incline 3.5 mph
    20 mins jogging 3.0 incline 4.5 mph

AM Weight 241lbs

Squats 10x3@245lbs 70 secs rest

Dips 3x6@BW+20lbs, 1x6@BW+25lbs
    Superset
    DB BO Rows 4x6@85lbs 60 secs rest

Skull Crushers 4x6@70lbs
    Superset
    Standing Barbell Curls 4x6@90lbs

BB Flat Bench 10x3@250lbs 60 secs rest

RDL's 4x6@260lbs
    superset
    Standing DB Press 4x6@65lbs 60 secs rest

Shrugs 4x6@225lbs
    superset
    Standing calve raises 4x6@220lbs 60 secs rest

Pushdowns 4x6@160lbs

Chins 10x3@BW+10lbs

DB Incline 4x6@85lbs
    superset
    Hammer Curls 4x6@50lbs

Seated calve raises 4x6@100lbs
    superset
    Leg curls 4x6@110lbs

Smith Machine lunges 4x6@135lbs

Squats 10x3@250

Dips 1x6@BW+25, 3x6@BW+35
    (SS)
    DB BO Rows 4x6@90

Skullcrushers 4x6@80
    (SS)
    BB Curl 4x6@90

Workouts are all lookin awesome man. Where in Cali are you from, im moving to San Francisco in January.

Flat BB Bench 10x3@255 60 sec rest

RDL's 4x6@260
    (SS)
    Standing DB Press 4x6@65

Shrugs 45 degree angle 4x6@225
    (SS)
    Standing calve raises 4x6@220

Pushdowns (singles) 4x6@50

Thanks Kevin. I'm really loving this full body split. I'm in southern cali, but I have some friends in San Fran and they love it.

Chins 8x3@BW+15 (I barely got the 3rd rep on the 8th set )

DB Incline Press 4x6@90
    (SS)
    Hammer Curls 4x6@45

Seated calve raises 4x6@100
    (SS)
    Smith Machine Lunges 1x6@135, 3x6@185

BO Lateral raises 4x8@30
    Last edited by Kana; 12-08-2006 at 09:59 AM.

Damn man real strong stuff past copule workouts, 255 for 10 triples is nuts especially with minimal rest.