The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

need help with chest!

I've been working out for a 8 months or so now, and my arms, abs, all the little and big muscles in my back.. lets just say pretty much everything has gotten bigger and more defined..but my chest seems to be making the least progress..its gotten more dense and a bit bigger..but nothing really noticable..
    i've been trying to make it wider by doing wide grip bench and push ups but its just not going anywhere.
    my chest routine is pretty much, bench press, incline dumbell press, dumbell fly, and dips.
    i alternate angles to keep the muscle stimulated and its always sore after a workout but it hardly grows.. also, i've been trying to work the lower part of my chest where most flab is on guys around the nipple by doing that exercise where you grab a dumbell with 2 hands while lying down and raise it forward above your head but that just tires out my triceps more and my chest doesn't really get a workout from it..
    when starting chest exercises, i start with a warm up that i can do 15-20 times for bench press, then the next set i put the weight to the max i can do around 8-10 times. and then for the next set i lower it 15-20 pounds and do 8-10 again.. and so on for a total of 4 sets.. with no warm ups on the other chest exercises but still doing 4 sets.

anyone think they can help?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

He kane li'ili'i loa au. little guy's Avatar
    One thing you should do is raise the weight. 15-20, and 8-10 reps is way too much. Try to shoot for a weight you can push only 4-6 times. For warm up, I just do pushups (2x10 reps).
    I'm the littlest man in the world!

Home of the 2002 Pacific Division Champ Sacramento Kings
    And don't use a real wide grip. And search the forum for PowermanDL's description of proper form.

Wannabebig Member
    i have a hard time with my chest too, but this routine seems to work.... after warming up with pushups. i do 4 sets total on flat bench. first 3 sets are 4-6 reps , make sure you use a weight that brings you to failure on the last rep (as long as you have a spotter!!!!) then for the last set i add on some weight, do 2 reps really slow and 2 more assisted until i feel like my pecs are ripped in 2!!! it's a killer routine but just make sure you give yourself enough recovery time! then the next week i do the same with incline. i use the same width as i use for pushups, seems to work great for me! If anyone has any other suggestions to add please post it!

Wannabebig Member
    oh, and your assist should only be lifting a tiny amount to help you get the bar up, iv'e seen juicers at the gym almost kill themselves because the spotter was helping so much! hahaha