Thread: please help with training for sister - absolute beginner

please help with training for sister - absolute beginner

am also going like to post this in Nutrition etc too because I need that also, I am going to post it for a maximum of response. I hope that you dont mind.

Could someone please honestly help with ideas for a training and nutrition program for my sister. She currently weighs 191 lbs and would like to weigh 132 lbs by July. Do you think this is is possible? I said sure.

Currently, she is not exercising and I aim to implement a proper execrcise routine for her if you have any suggestions. She is a smoker, drinks once per week and does not have a lot of knowledge of nutrition. So this is gonna be werk.

At this point she is aiming to make a turn around in her life and move into a healthier way of living. I have been giving her some basic eating and exercise tips that she needed, so if you can offer anything for a beginner that might be helpful to her then it would be appreciated.

I want to start her exercising at home because she has a self esteem issue with gyms at this point.

I was thinking of obviously organising a diet that is orientated to weight loss, with a basic cardio routine. We live inner city so I am going to give her some time skipping (with a rope) for 30 mins 3 to 4 times per week. I would like to get her to start running too because there is a massive and beautiful park across the road that she could do a cardio session in.

Maybe Tryska would be a good person for advising for girls, any bookmarks that you have on girls health and exercise routines for women would be nice, because I can get her to educate herself, maybe even sign up on this site too.

Right now what I want is a home based program that she will stick to. I have a swiss ball, and skipping rope. Any other equipment that might be helpful?

I know that a lot of people will say to join a gym, however I dont think tha she is ready for this. Let's give it three weeks on proper nutrition and training before this.

She is 23 years old and about 170cm tall

Goals:
    weight loss
    good upper body and backstength
    - doesn't want to get bulky (blah blah)
    - she has back probelms currently with Scoliosis, an incorrect curvature of the spine.
    Last edited by Shocker; 02-09-2002 at 11:45 AM.

doh. i just replied to the same exact one in diet with the training info too. *lol* sorry.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?