Thread: Feedback on cutting plan

Wannabebig Member

Feedback on cutting plan

Hi everyone,
    I wanted to get some feedback on a tweak to my cutting plan i am making. I had some success at first, and then brickwalled for a while, and now I'm just coming of a 2 week PSMF to get things started again/catch up on the lost time, and this is what I've put together for my new cutting plan. My main inspirations include Built and her vast reserves of knowlege in her sig, John, Beradi's "7 Habits" (http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/...n/7habits.htm), and the commonly known required ratios. My main concerns are if my cals are too high and carb timing. Any feedback on my training plan would be appreciated as well.

STATS:
    Weight: 201 lbs
    BF%: ~14%

Goal: 9-10% BF by January 1st

8 AM M1 : 2 whole eggs
    2 egg whites
    0.25 cups low fat cheese
    2 slices Ham
    0.5 Red Pepper

10 AM M2 : 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
    0.5 Apple

12 PM M3 : 0.5 Avacado
    2 oz Beef Jerkey

2 PM M4 : 0.5 Avacado
    1 6.5 oz Can tuna

4 PM M5 : 1 Cup Kashi "Go Lean" Crunch
    8 oz. Milk

6 PM M6 : 25g Whey Protien
    0.5 Apple

TRAIN

7:30 PM M7 : 25g Whey Protien

9 PM M8 : 9.25 oz Chicken Breast
    0.25 Cups Brown Rice
    8 oz Milk

grams cals %total
    Total: 2690
    Fat: 92 830 32%
    Sat: 18 166 6%
    Poly: 19 170 7%
    Mono: 41 371 14%
    Carbs: 170 552 21%
    Fiber: 32 0 0%
    Protein: 298 1191 46%

Supplements:

10g Fish Oil
    ZMA
    Creatine
    Generic Multi

Training Program

As I said in one of my earlier posts, I have a desk job, so I HAVE to work out every day or I'll shoot myself in the face.

MWF:

-15 Minutes HIIT on Stairmaster, 1 minute sprint, 1 minute rest (Too rainy now for sprints outside )
    -3 Core excersies (Mix it up between Russian Twists, Cruches, Jackknives, Hanging Leg Raises, Hanging Leg Raise & Twist, etc...)
    -15 Minutes Steady State Cardio (Eliptical or Incline Treadmill, whatever's free)

Tu:

5x5
    Hang Clean
    Bench
    DB Row
    Lunges

Thurs:

5x5
    Snatch
    Squat
    RDL
    Hammer Row

Sat:

5x5
    Sumo Deadlift
    Jerk
    Weighted Pullups
    Leg Press

After every lifting day I'm also doing 15 minutes Steady State Cardio

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTriathlete
    My main inspirations include Built and her vast reserves of knowlege in her sig, John, Beradi's "7 Habits" (http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/...n/7habits.htm), and the commonly known required ratios. My main concerns are if my cals are too high and carb timing.
    Good sources of inspiration! I think "The 7 Habits" should be read by everyone....not just athletes, but absoloutely everyone.

"Commonly known rations"? Ratios are not required. There are minimum amounts of fat (0.5 g / lb LBM) and protein (1g / lb LBM), but not percentages. As built would say "your body doesn't do math".

As for total cals, what is your maintenance? If this cutting intake is ~500 cals less than your maintenance, then you are on the right track.

Wannabebig Member
    Ahh, OK. I was going by 0.5g fat / lb and 1.5 g protien / lb. My maintenance with this level of activity is about 3k cals per day, so I guess I'll drop the cals some to 2.4k/day (20% less)

In previous training, I've always found 1.5g protien/lb to be most effective for me, but what about fats? I hear people go back and forth here on if 0.5g fat/lb is required or 0.5g fat/lb LBM is required. I have a feeling the best thing is going to be to start at 0.5g fat/lb and drop to the latter if its not working, so that's what I'll start doing

Most people have an inaccurate body fat measurement, so I usually recommend to base things off body weight instead of LBM. It's easier and will produce the same results.

I think your PSMF was stupid and unnecessary. You're in a much better position if you're going to follow the 7 habits. Starting out I wouldn't even worry about calories. Just get the rules to become habits first. Then tweak things.

As for your weight lifting, it looks pretty good. Drop the leg press.

As for the low/med intensity stuff you do on off days ... it's probably overkill, but if it keeps you sane, so be it.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Wannabebig Member
    OK, so with the feedback from here and with doing a bit more research, this is version 2, just a few slight tweaks:

8 AM M1 : 1 whole eggs
    3 egg whites
    0.25 cups low fat cheese
    2 slices Ham
    0.5 Red Pepper

10 AM M2 : 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
    1.5 Cups Strawberries

12 PM M3 : 0.5 Avacado
    2 oz Beef Jerkey

2 PM M4 : 0.5 Avacado
    1 6.5 oz Can tuna

4 PM M5 : 1 Cup Kashi "Go Lean" Crunch
    8 oz. Milk

6 PM M6 : 25g Whey Protien
    1 Apple

TRAIN

7:30 PM M7 : 25g Whey Protien

9 PM M8 : 9.25 oz Chicken Breast
    8 oz Milk

grams cals %total
    Total: 2500
    Fat: 86 771 32%
    Sat: 16 148 6%
    Poly: 18 160 7%
    Mono: 39 347 14%
    Carbs: 151 463 19%
    Fiber: 35 0 0%
    Protein: 292 1170 49%
    Alcohol: 0 0 0%

I could still use help with two things. First, in the 7 habits, Beradi says there should be an even split of Sat, Poly, and Mono Fats, and I'm still a bit off on this rule. Any suggestions?

Second, I want to make sure I have the timing of my low vs. high GI carbs correct. I'm attempting to keep the carbs not in the workout window on the lower side, and then I have the ceral/apple pre-workout. Should the high GI carbs be moved to post workout? Is this even worth worrying about at this point in time with a BF of 14%?