Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: geting back my abs...

Banned

geting back my abs...

Due to a illness I couldnt train and diet for 2 months and as a result I gained a little pouch on my waist...

Now I am ready to train ans diet again!!

Could yo give me some guide lines in regard to regain my flat abs?

Are power bars a good source for a six pack? They have a lot of sugar..

I eat my oatmeal with honey. Is that Ok for achieving a flat abs?

Thanks for your input

Really it depends on your overall diet, rather than just a few foods. When I have my 6 pack, I usually stick on the same diet and try my best to not go off of it for about a month or 2, other than a few carb up days, and I'll get it. Best thing for you to do is post your diet so we can see what you eat throughout the day.

Banned
    I dont have a healthy diet yet:I am looking for one!
    Therefore my posting...

Any suggestions/?

Originally posted by Vvitto
    I dont have a healthy diet yet:I am looking for one!
    Therefore my posting...

Any suggestions/?
    When cutting, I stay away from all sugar, except for dextrose post workout, and protein bars. I can give you an example of my diet. So far my diet has been working really well for losing body fat and gaining muscle.

Meal 1 (pre workout)
    1 serving of oatmeal and 1 scoop of whey protein powder
    260 cals, 26g protein, 6g fat, 32g carbs

during workout I take in 2 servings of Gatorade
    100 cals, 28g carbs

Post workout shake
    2 scoops of whey protein and 2 scoops of dextrose w/ water
    540 cals, 42g protein, 5g fat, 68g carbs

Meal 2
    5 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 tsp of liver cod oil
    300 cals, 30g protein, 10g fat, 4g carbs

Meal 3
    1 can tuna in water, 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, 2 servings of green veggies (usually spinach)
    300 cals, 41g protein, 8g fat, 12g carbs

meal 4
    same as meal 3

meal 5
    1 serving of low fat cottage cheese and 1 chicken breast
    200 cals, 33g protein, 5g fat, 6g carbs

meal 6
    1 serving of low fat cottage cheese and 1 tbsp of flaxseed oil
    220 cals, 13g protein, 15g fat, 4g carbs

total:
    2200 cals, 226g protein, 57g fat, 166g carbs

1.5 grams of protien per bodyweight or more and eat NOTHIN but veggies, especially in stir fry the fat will melt. oatmeal is ok but veggies are so much better

if you loose muscle just up your protien as high as 2 grams per pound of bodyweight, its worked and its working for me

Banned
    hi CBates,

Your diet sounds good to me!

I got some questions.

What do you think about low fat yogurt?
    220 cal=1container(227g)
    sugar 40g, sodium135 mg,
    fat 2,5g,carbs 42g

How do you eat falxseed oil? I never eat flaxseed oil? Do you mix it with something else?

How much sodium do you eat?
    Are protein bars good for cutting/?They have a lot of sugars...

Before I got sick I used to have a diet which resmebles with yours (75%).

Thanks
    Last edited by Vvitto; 02-12-2002 at 04:15 PM.

The low fat yogurt I stay away from when cutting due to the sugar in it, when bulking cleanly though I'll eat some every once in awhile, same thing with the protein bars. I'll eat them when bulking, but when cutting I stay away from them. I tried a few months ago when playing around with my diet adding a protein bar in there and it got too expensive adding a protein bar in my diet everyday. But if the money isn't a big deal, I don't see how it's going to hurt cutting because some of them are actually pretty low in sugar. I'll mix my flax seed oil with cottage cheese and take it straight both, depends on how I feel that night. Now the cod liver oil taste like sh!t, so I don't mix that in my food b/c it will make it taste foul as hell, I just down that stuff. As far as the sodium, I'm not sure, haven't really counted it. Keep in mind that a diet just like mine might not work for you as it does for me, everybody's metabolism is different, so this may not be enough cals or too much cals for you. So if it's not enough cals you can try adding some more carbs, like brown rice in one of the meals.

Banned
    Hi CBates,

What do you think about diet soda ?
    I really like diet pepsi. Would be a bad choice when you cut?
    What else do you drink besides water and how much is your daily water intake?

V

Diet soda is fine. I usually drink about 3-4 a day. I do need to drink more water though. I only drink around 13-15 glasses of water a day. But drinking diet soda doesn't affect me getting to around 7 or 8% body fat, so it's fine. Just make sure you do get plenty of water too.

Always bad with diet
    Damn CBates, i guess you go really low with your carbs. Everytime I mention about going low I get told that carbs are not the enemy, and to keep them up, even though I wanna cut up. I get so confused, I dont know what to do anymore. If I need to eat 3000cals a day to cut, but my carbs should stay low, that means Im gonna have to eat a shitload of protein and fat to get to 3000. Right? Please help.

I really don't consider I'm really low on carbs. About medium. But once I get to my ideal body fat percentage, I'll up my carbs to around 225-250 grams a day. I'm thinking about upping my carbs to about 200 grams anyway while cutting, adding some brown rice in my diet since I'm having pretty good results now and see what happens with that.

Always bad with diet
    What I'm wondering is how the hell I my supposed to cut anything, consuming 50g of carbs per 6 meals?

I'd up your carb intake to at least around 170-200 grams, and possible add more than that if you start too lose too much muscle when cutting.

Always bad with diet
    Okay 200 grams carbs =800 cals
    How do I split the last 2200 cals?
    Thats the problem Im having. I'd have to consume close to 400 grams of protein a day, and about 75grams of fat. 66grams of pro a sitting?

Always bad with diet
    my stomach would explode.

Banned
    CBATES

How long have you been in this diet ?

I didnt see any fruits in your diet regimen!

Are they Ok for a cutting diet?

When I was doing my low fat ,low sugar diet I used to eat apples or bananas..

If you're taking in that many calories, you'd need to add in more carbs, around 300 grams of carbs at least. I didn't know your were eating that many calories. Guess it would have helped if I would have read your entired post about the 3000 calories.

Originally posted by Vvitto
    CBATES

How long have you been in this diet ?

I didnt see any fruits in your diet regimen!

Are they Ok for a cutting diet?

When I was doing my low fat ,low sugar diet I used to eat apples or bananas..
    Yeah, I don't take any fruits and I should, just don't have any room for them right now. As soon as I'm at a point to where I'm maintaining, I'll add 2-3 servings of fruit a day. Fruit is OK for cutting, just for me to get all my protein and fat, and my post and pre workout carbs, I just don't have room for them in my diet as of now. I've been on this diet for about 3 weeks now. Just got done bulking throughout winter.
    Last edited by CBates; 02-12-2002 at 05:42 PM.

Always bad with diet
    Its cool. Thats why I was getting so confused. You see, I weight 240lbs, so Ive been told Im gonna need to eat 3000cals to cut up good. So do you think 300 grams of carbs is good, and it will help me get rid of this bodyfat?

Originally posted by mr_hand
    Its cool. Thats why I was getting so confused. You see, I weight 240lbs, so Ive been told Im gonna need to eat 3000cals to cut up good. So do you think 300 grams of carbs is good, and it will help me get rid of this bodyfat?
    300 grams of carbs should be good for cutting at your weight, just make sure to get clean carbs like oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes, green veggies, and fruits (wouldn't go more than 2 or 3 servings a day of fruit though). Also eat them earlier in the day, try not to have any carbs past 5 or 6pm.

Always bad with diet
    So I guess I'll just eat them all through my 1st 4 meals of the day.

75 x 4 = 300
    Thanks CB. This dieting stuff gets so damn confusing for me. Im just so leery of eating that much while trying to cut up. It seems weird.

eat more = lose fat
    eat less = gain fat

When someone refers to a "serving", or a "cup of" - how much is this exactly?

I always find it hard to accurately calculate my cals with these measurements so if anyone can offer a standardised method of sorting that out it would be cool.

e.g. a cup of brown rice - x cals etc...

- is this a cup of cooked rice or a cup of uncooked rice, because the former is actually much less than the latter.

Originally posted by Shocker
    When someone refers to a "serving", or a "cup of" - how much is this exactly?

I always find it hard to accurately calculate my cals with these measurements so if anyone can offer a standardised method of sorting that out it would be cool.
    It will tell he serving size on the back panel. Serving sizes varies from food to food. Like cottage cheese is 1/2 cup, flax seed oil or most oils is 1 tablespoon, some other food is 1 cup. But it should tell and I just measuring cups and measuring spoons to measure the correct amount.