Thread: Need Routine Help

Need Routine Help

I am just pissed! In 2 years i dont think i have ever had such a bad workout.

I spent the last 8 months bulking up on WBB1, and went to WBB2 and started a cut. Last week i changed to the MAX-OT workout. Well i think after dropping from 194lbs to 176lbs in about 5 weeks, my body has gotten pretty depleated and attempting to start the MAX-OT workout has been ******ed.

My strength is in the crapper.

WTF do i do? I like my leaness, but crap i need a better workout. I think i would be a fool to spend any more time on WBB1.

What routine can i use? I need something like a 3 day split. Lower reps.

Please HELP!
    Last edited by Roddy; 11-16-2006 at 10:41 PM.

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    You could have dropped a ton of muscle too.

Regardless. The result is the same. You dont diet hard for over a month and expect to be able to max out, while doing amazing at it.

Sorry to say but you really might have messed yourself up. How are you cutting. Diet, training, the works baby.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

My strength goes as my weight goes. Right now I'm about 20 pounds lighter then I was six months ago and my bench is sucking.

I always liked max-OT. Just eat dude. Fall and Winter is bulk up time.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyBomber
    I always liked max-OT. Just eat dude. Fall and Winter is bulk up time.
    Agreed

When will you ever take off your shirt during the winter besides sex and showering.

Other then that your gold. I'm close to 20% and no one around me has said anything about my weight being bad..
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

ya i gotta figure this **** out, i'm looking just ripped, but ya i'm gonna have to start eating way more, and so on.

Right now its all about finding a good routine to go with.

I really enjoyed WBB1, but like i said i think it would be dumb to keep going for a few more months on that same workout.

I like pre-made workouts. I have never really made my own, and gotten good results.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy
    ya i gotta figure this **** out, i'm looking just ripped, but ya i'm gonna have to start eating way more, and so on.

Right now its all about finding a good routine to go with.

I really enjoyed WBB1, but like i said i think it would be dumb to keep going for a few more months on that same workout.

I like pre-made workouts. I have never really made my own, and gotten good results.
    Start BGB. Its ideally a perfect split. With some modifications I think its the only split I'll ever do while bulking. I highly recommend it.
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

where the **** are arms and chins and stuff on that workout... shoulders,... BGB^^^

day 1 - squat (5x5), bench (5x5), pullups (5xmax)
    day 2 - lunges (3x10), dips (5x5), bent over rows (3x8)
    day 3 - deadlift (5x5), military (5x5), cable rows (3x8)

rest in between the days, throw HIIT in there too....i stick in an easy ab workout on one of the days

i like it, it's nice

Reach down between your legs and find a pair of balls. That's what it takes to lift big weights. Genetics is the weak man's excuse for why he sucks at life. Don't be that guy - RhodeHouse

Any man under 200lbs is a woman - RhodeHouse

Occupational Hypnomania
    Maybe it was preworkout nutrition or just a bad day or something? Or are all your workouts ass?
    Real men cry over milk, whether its spilt or not.

^^^ no they usually kick ass, but these new routines i have just not enjoyed, and ya my diet is different.

Occupational Hypnomania
    Try a big fat steaming pot of oatmeal like a half hour before workout, nothing gives me more energy than that.
    Real men cry over milk, whether its spilt or not.

Man, I know exactly what it's like. As a matter of fact, I'm almost the exact same size/weight as you.

You haven't, "Messed yourself up," you just lost some strength when you cut. It will happen when losing that much weight. The only thing you can hope to do is minimize the loss.

Heh, kind of strange really. I bulked up to 195, and now I've cut down to 178 :P. You will definitely lose strength losing that much weight. I've lost about 10 pounds off of my bench during the cut (I'm actually pleased with that), 10 pounds off my squat, but gained a little on my DL. Then again, I didn't train my DL that heavily before, so that explains that I'm sure.

It's tough changing routines as well. You just need to bite the bullet and keep on keepin' on!
    Things will get better.

By the way, I am doing BGB right now. There are chins, shoulder press, and a few sets of curls and tricep dedicated exercises each week there, not that direct arm work is even that important.
    Forever Goal: Strength

Weightlifting sucks. I just like to lift heavy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris686
    Man, I know exactly what it's like. As a matter of fact, I'm almost the exact same size/weight as you.

You haven't, "Messed yourself up," you just lost some strength when you cut. It will happen when losing that much weight. The only thing you can hope to do is minimize the loss.

Heh, kind of strange really. I bulked up to 195, and now I've cut down to 178 :P. You will definitely lose strength losing that much weight. I've lost about 10 pounds off of my bench during the cut (I'm actually pleased with that), 10 pounds off my squat, but gained a little on my DL. Then again, I didn't train my DL that heavily before, so that explains that I'm sure.

It's tough changing routines as well. You just need to bite the bullet and keep on keepin' on!
    Things will get better.

By the way, I am doing BGB right now. There are chins, shoulder press, and a few sets of curls and tricep dedicated exercises each week there, not that direct arm work is even that important.
    Thanks bud. I think i'm gonna give BGB another look.

Quote Originally Posted by Turnip
    Try a big fat steaming pot of oatmeal like a half hour before workout, nothing gives me more energy than that.

Ewww, that sure brings back old memories. You do NOT want to be in the same building with me after I eat a big fat steaming pot of oatmeal.