Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jodi's Abs

Jodi's Abs

I thought this pic was a great example of what can be achieved in the "looks" department when you focus on strength and conditioning.

Jodi is on track to break the Canadian Deadlift Record in 2007, pound for pound she is stronger than most people in the gym, her coordination and agility improve every week, and yet she has better abs than most "bodybuilders."

Go figure!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

nice abs! crazy how much she can lift being so small! lol, good work as always.

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

Wow! I already found her strength impressive but had no idea she was that lean as well. You are a lucky man anthony.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

That is simply amazing.Abs look awesome
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Learning as I progress
    Just wondering whats her diet look like relative to her maintenance?

BTW I think you just convinced me to put looks second, and work on performance once and for all.
    Complication breeds desperation.

So Anthony, pm me with the rest of that pic. Ya know, the part where she just goes ahead and strips.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Thanks everyone! I hope my original post didn't sound too arrogant or vain ... most of you know we train for performance and not looks. I just wanted to give an example that training for performance WILL result in the look you want. I'm extremely proud of her hard work in the gym, so it's nice to see her achieve results people can recognize outside of the gym.

Con, her weight bounces between 103-105 and she maintains on approximately 1700 calories. Her game plan is very simple - meat, vegetables, and nuts (or some form of fat) at every meal. She breaks those rules about 10% of the time (usually on Saturdays!).

Hot!

How tall is she?

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Looks great.

More details - what is her current deadlift? What is the record she has to beat?

Also are you getting her to follow a set routine or is it a crossfit-type thing?

Thanks guys!

I believe she is 5'2, current deadlift is 225 (there's a vid in my journal), and the Canadian record is 309 (set in 1989). I figure by the end of 2007 she'll be able to break it.

Her routine is the same as mine:

Strength day / metcon / metcon / off / repeat.

The strength day is basically 2 lifts + 2 plyometrics, although we frequently drop the plyos based on energy levels, etc.

The metcon days are Crossfit's WOD or something of our choosing should the WOD be a strength day.

JODI YOU DOG :d sweet
    2000 or bust

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    Anthony, why doesn't Jodi post on these boards? I just find it a little funny, because it seems like she is your pet/child since you are always the one showing her off and hey, there is nothing wrong with that!

She looks great... Amazing abs... She needs a tan though! Either that, or take the next picture in sepia

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel777
    Anthony, why doesn't Jodi post on these boards? I just find it a little funny, because it seems like she is your pet/child since you are always the one showing her off and hey, there is nothing wrong with that!

She looks great... Amazing abs... She needs a tan though! Either that, or take the next picture in sepia
    She reads the forums once in awhile, but mostly they annoy her. She does post once in awhile over at Crossfit, but they are a bit more respectful there, so you don't get the yahoo comments like the one from chubrock.

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    I'd like to think we as a collective community bring a sense of humor to everything we post.

Sometimes dry or inappropriate but still funny.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

great abs. She looks fit without looking over the top.

Iron4Life
    Awesome job Jodi..
    It is cool to see how the body responds to working out..

Aye, looking good. I also checked out the video of her deadlift ...... awesome !!
    37 y/o, 6'1
    Current Weight: 265 Current BF: 21%+

Online Journal

"Its simple; if it jiggles, its fat" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Thanks guys!

I believe she is 5'2, current deadlift is 225 (there's a vid in my journal), and the Canadian record is 309 (set in 1989). I figure by the end of 2007 she'll be able to break it.

Her routine is the same as mine:

Strength day / metcon / metcon / off / repeat.

The strength day is basically 2 lifts + 2 plyometrics, although we frequently drop the plyos based on energy levels, etc.

The metcon days are Crossfit's WOD or something of our choosing should the WOD be a strength day.
    thats awesome i was so excited when my gf deadlifted 135, but that is the most shell attempt.
    to sculpt you must first have concrete
    You are only as stong as your weakest joint

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    She reads the forums once in awhile, but mostly they annoy her. She does post once in awhile over at Crossfit, but they are a bit more respectful there, so you don't get the yahoo comments like the one from chubrock.
    me...sex...women..

in all seriousness, she's doing very well, and I hope she keeps up the good work. It still blows my mind that you both can do muscle-ups.
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

Jodi, terrific work. Beat that record!

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Ok, but what about the ass of a girl who focuses on strength and conditioning? Let's see that before we can pass judgment.

*whistles innocently*

Wannabebig Member
    Those are some amazing abs, any upperbody/back pictures? (If there already are, then I just missed them). Major props.
    Goal: Get down to 6-8% bf then a clean bulk.

I second the motion for glute conditioning progress pictures.
    Last edited by KevinStarke; 11-30-2006 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    ... most of you know we train for performance and not looks. I just wanted to give an example that training for performance WILL result in the look you want.
    Ahhh, if only more gym-goers (and forum members) would heed this advice...
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/