The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

If I can do this.. What should I attempt to max?

I started working out in September for the first time in 4 years, it was painful at first, but now I'm really seeing some results.

I started out with 115lbs on bench, I struggled for my third set. I think my max was about 150, maybe 165, but I doubt it.

Today I did 10x155, 8x165, 6x175, 4x185, 2x200 on bench. I completed all reps, failed on the third @ 200.

I think I'll try to hit my max on wednesday, what should I shoot for?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i'd go to 215 first then 225 but im a horrible one rep person- so im tenitive to go to heavy
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

Wannabebig New Member
    I figured if I could do 200 twice after all of those reps that I could do at least 225, I'm hoping someone will tell me to throw on 235 or 245 ;x

But I also don't want to embarrass myself and burn out!

lol like is said im tenitive on throwing on to much. but you can always throw on a lot and if you fail go back down - your not in a comp u can do whatever u want
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

I didn't attempt 225 until I could do 5x205, but it did go up fairly easy. Try 215 for 1 rep first and then go from there. I'm kinda doubting that you'll be able to put up 235-245, though. I've done 5x5x205 and I'm pretty sure I'd struggle with a rep of 245. If you're at 2x200 you're probably not quite there yet.

If you have someone to spot you go as heavy as you feel like. Just make sure they know you're going for one rep so their ready to help.
    Don't Cry Because Its Over; Smile Because It's Happened
    Shut Up and Do Some Deadlifts

As of 11/13/06

Age - 19
    Ht - 6'2''
    Weight - 260lbs x 1 (goal -20lbs)
    Bench - 260lbs x 1 (goal +40lbs)
    Squat - 550lbs x 1 (happy for now)
    Deadlift - 405 x 1 after 2 sets of 6 with 315 (goal +95lbs)
    Supplements - Whey Protein, Fish Oil, Multi-Vitamin.
    outnumber

i'd say 215ish
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Banned
    Keep putting weight on the bar until it doesn't go up anymore.

Maybe I'm different, but when I was putting up 5x5 of 200 I maxed at 250.
    Forever Goal: Strength

Weightlifting sucks. I just like to lift heavy things.