The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Why not Creatine Capsules instead of powder?

At Large Nutrition

Is it significantly more expensive, what?

I would definately pay more for capped creatine.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

PoutineEh
    never bought that capsuled, but i believe it is more expensive. plus you would have to take like 10 capsules at a time
    is it really that inconvient to just throw a teaspoon of creatine on your tongue and drink some water? thats what i do. it has no taste

Its not inconvenient, I just dont care for the sandy grit it leaves in my mouth. <-- Whining a little bit maybe

I have capped it myself and if my recollection serves correct a 4 gram serving only takes up two or three 00 capsules. Although it definately is to inconvenient for me to cap myself.

Just a though / wish

Hmm. Why dont you stir it into a drink? I would figure it absorbs better that way then eating a few pills.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XxH0LyWaRsxX View Post
    Hmm. Why dont you stir it into a drink? I would figure it absorbs better that way then eating a few pills.
    I wouldn't use the word stir, because creatine monohydrate just sinks to the bottom of your drink..It doesn't mix =(

-It's just as easy to throw 5g into your mouth then slug it down with something non-fructose

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Yeah I just man up and throw the spoonful down, although sometimes it gets kinda gross.

Creatine "mixes" with drinks about as well as sand does.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

I donno i put some in my water bottle and shook it for a good minute and it was gone except for a tiny little bit at the bottom!
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Mix your creatine with your protein shake (works very well). You can also mix it with orange juice which is what I do and it works quite well for me.

As for creatine capsules, I personally don't see the point with respect to it being a draw in terms of a selling point for the majority of our customers and that is why we do not do it.

Chris

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Mixing it with my protein shake ruins the taste for me. For now I just mix it with a little bit of water and down it quick. Thats what ill be doing for a while anyhow since I have a good stock pile of your creatine.

I take my supplements aside from protein 4 times throughout the day, caffeine, ETS, alcar, etc. I often forget the creatine and if it was capped I could stick it with the rest of my supplements.

I would definately use more of your products in that case.

Anyway thanks for your great protein and inparticular the ETS, it eliminated the elbow tendonitis that I had for nearly two years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWill2 View Post
    Mixing it with my protein shake ruins the taste for me. For now I just mix it with a little bit of water and down it quick. Thats what ill be doing for a while anyhow since I have a good stock pile of your creatine.

I take my supplements aside from protein 4 times throughout the day, caffeine, ETS, alcar, etc. I often forget the creatine and if it was capped I could stick it with the rest of my supplements.

I would definately use more of your products in that case.

Anyway thanks for your great protein and inparticular the ETS, it eliminated the elbow tendonitis that I had for nearly two years.

You're welcome!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I don't find that creatine makes the protein drink taste any different. At least not when I am using AtLarge Nitrean and Creatine 500. Theres just no difference when I add it or not in taste or mixability.

Thats me anyway
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Wannabebig Member
    ok well im still debating if i should go to gnc and get a 3 pound tub of creatine burst but i dont want to take it then wen im not using it anymore i just lose all my resluts and is it ok if i mix in with protien?so can anyone tell me if you lose resluts

In short: No
    Longer answer: Do a search!
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    I don't find that creatine makes the protein drink taste any different. At least not when I am using AtLarge Nitrean and Creatine 500. Theres just no difference when I add it or not in taste or mixability.

Thats me anyway
    I'm the same way.
    I find that any micronized creatine mixes pretty much perfectly.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XxH0LyWaRsxX View Post
    I donno i put some in my water bottle and shook it for a good minute and it was gone except for a tiny little bit at the bottom!
    That is because you didn't give it time to settle. If you shook it up, then set your drink down for a few minutes, most of it would be at the bottom with some still floating around. It tastes like sand too..

Anyway, if you do stir, shake it in the bottle, just be sure to down it real fast, because the particles are still floating around and thus it will not have a chance to settle at the bottom.