Thread: How hard is it to put on bodyfat?

How hard is it to put on bodyfat?

I wrestle 5-6 days a week and lift weights around twice a week (maybe more/less). I'm also a 17 year old red blooded male. I'm eating like a horse to keep my muscle (maybe gain some) but I'm far too lazy to track calories. How hard is it going to be for me to put on bodyfat? Will it come pretty easy or what? I'm only asking because unless its during/after practice I feel pretty bloated and "poofy" throughout the day because of all the carbs/water retention, and as a wrestler I'm paranoid. O__o

Wow... this is a bizarre question.

It is really dependant upon genetics; certain people will be far more prone to body fat then others... I for instance can eat a ton and hardly notice ANY weight fluctuation and the only time I retain water is totally because of hormonal reasons.... But other people will gain fat so fast that if they have one hamburger on their cheat day they suddenly gain 2 lbs.

ITs really hard for me to say but I can guess that it willl come pretty easy unless you watch what you eat. If you eat super clean, and avoid any excess carbs (to avoid water retention) Im sure you will be fine. However, most people who say that they retain water are the only ones who notice and as I said in a different thread; it is far better to be well hydrated and 'poofy' then dehydrated. If you are worried about nto making weight one night then just watch your intake of food and fluids during the week prior to your meet.
    Stats:
    Height: 5' 5.5"
    Weight: 180 lbs
    Max lifts: Squat:320 lbs, Bench: 195 lbs, Deadlift: 290 lbs.
    Max Comp. Total: 805 lbs

Picture Links
    Most Recent Pix, August 2006, Febuary 2006, Starting Pictures (2005)
    MY JOURNAL

For some of us, very easy.

Why would you want to, or are you just wondering how far you can bulk without getting to fat?

If you need to increase weight, hit the weights and eat plenty. If you need to drop weight then restrict calories a wee bit.

Well I'm trying to add a couple of pounds of muscle but I can only hit the weights maybe twice a week. I'm pretty much eating whatever I want though don't really chow down on sweets.