Thread: PLEASE help!!

PLEASE help!!

Hello. recently Ive gained like 7 or 8 lbs in less than a month and im very happy about that. the only thing is, today, i got a job. This means i will be waking up at 6 am..getting to college at 7:30 am..have class till 3 pm.. then go right to work and get back home at like 9:30 at night. Im worried i cant get my calories in..we cant eat in the company car but i may be able to smuggle some snacks..My ideas were:

Have a 1,000 cal shake in the morning..
    for lunch, pack on a 1,000 cal or so meal like at mcdonalds..
    Smuggle in a little container of peanut butter and a baggy of nuts
    bring another boost shake with me

Other than that, i dont have any ideas. Are there any other high calorie foods that i can hide easily like peanuts?

Im go for 4,000 calories a day.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Newbie Galore
    Try to do your best to eat while you have classes. Bring some pb&j sandwiches, some whole wheat bagels, peanuts, anything you can snack on, rather than having three or four extremely large meals 5 or 6 hours apart.

While at work, I know it can be hard to constantly be eating, but you have to have a break at some point where you can mix a shake and get in a decent snack, rather than be stuck having to tide yourself over until 9:30. Have a good meal at 3pm when you're done with class. Fill it with slower digesting foods, like some cottage cheese (think foods you'd have before bed). Hopefully that will keep you going until 5:30 or 6 and you can get a break to get in another meal to hold you over until you get home.

Good luck man.

NO MCDONALDS!!!

Period.

If your going to eat that **** every day then you are going to be in trouble. Bring good food like sandwhiches or whatever and stick it in your bag. you can eat all day at school, in class or whatever, so just snack whenever you get the chance.
    Stats:
    Height: 5' 5.5"
    Weight: 180 lbs
    Max lifts: Squat:320 lbs, Bench: 195 lbs, Deadlift: 290 lbs.
    Max Comp. Total: 805 lbs

Picture Links
    Most Recent Pix, August 2006, Febuary 2006, Starting Pictures (2005)
    MY JOURNAL

Do the best you can with what you've got. You can carry food to school.

You won't waste away if you go 5 hours without eating.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

You have to prepare your food the night before. When I was working and going to school, I'd pretty much prepare most of my food on the weekend. I'd spend a couple hours in the kitchen cooking and packing away all my food for the week. Its very easy to eat the food you need if its in a cooler that you carry with you all day long.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Get a slow cooker/crock pot and throw a bunch of beef/veggies in it on Sunday. That along with some healthy sandwiches, nuts, fruits, and raw veggies will get you through. Just dont make it more stressful than it needs to be.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by RichMcGuire View Post
    Hello. recently Ive gained like 7 or 8 lbs in less than a month and im very happy about that. the only thing is, today, i got a job. This means i will be waking up at 6 am..getting to college at 7:30 am..have class till 3 pm.. then go right to work and get back home at like 9:30 at night. Im worried i cant get my calories in..we cant eat in the company car but i may be able to smuggle some snacks..My ideas were:

Have a 1,000 cal shake in the morning..
    for lunch, pack on a 1,000 cal or so meal like at mcdonalds..
    Smuggle in a little container of peanut butter and a baggy of nuts
    bring another boost shake with me

Other than that, i dont have any ideas. Are there any other high calorie foods that i can hide easily like peanuts?

Im go for 4,000 calories a day.

i have 2 jobs, go to school full time, and still get ALL of my meals/ workouts in... you will find the time... i also live in southern california and deal with hours of traffic everyday....

liquid is the way to go for MOST of the meals.. 2 or 3 of physically eating and the rest just drink em...

Damn, I loved my mcdonalds too! So it seems like the consensus is to get my act together on like sunday and be straight for the week. Im pretty sure i could carry a cooler..im a canviser..so i go door to door..yea it sucks but we cant eat in the company car..but im sure i can scarf a sandwhcih down on my way to a house to knock on.. I didnt think about pre planning because i usually do it day by day..but it sounds like i would be even better off if i planned my week out on sunday. Really appreciate the help guys, and thankyou to all who replied. I was a little worried. Im at 159.5 and i originally weighed 146..I still have a six pack when i flex like usual so im hoping most of tis coming in as muscle..but i guess its addictive..i DONT wanna see my pounds fall off on the scale i use.

so, once again, thankyou for the suggestions!
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial