The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: wrist injury

wrist injury

alright so friday at my indoor soccer game we were warming up before the game and since im goalie people were taking shots on me
    well one was shot at the goal and when i went to block it it smashed my wrist and jammed it pretty bad, i finished the game but luckily the team sucked so there wasnt many shots on goal (i got the shutout)
    well today will be my first day back at the gym and it is still pretty sore if i have a hard time im not going to try and force it, i dont want to further injure it
    anyone else ever had something like this and can offer some advice
    thnks in advance

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

best thing to do is rest and get it checked by a doc if the pain persists.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I agree. If pain persists for more than 48 hours, seek medical attention. In the meantime, ice it and try to not to move it.

My wrists been hurting when pressured at a certain angle for 2 weeks and I still lift. !

I think its the way I have to get the 80lb dumbedd on my chest for weighted decline situps.

I'm an EMT and I know better than to let it be too lol. Get it checked out. Maybe I'll follow my own advice.

Quote Originally Posted by markdk86 View Post
    My wrists been hurting when pressured at a certain angle for 2 weeks and I still lift. !

I think its the way I have to get the 80lb dumbedd on my chest for weighted decline situps.

I'm an EMT and I know better than to let it be too lol. Get it checked out. Maybe I'll follow my own advice.

You could also have weak wrist flexors and extensors. My advice is to stop using wrist straps (if you do use them) and start performing some brachioradialis work and grip exercises (farmer walks, shrugs, deads)

No they are strong. I'm deading close to 400 for 1RM now.

It's just the way I lock my legs in at my old gym. I rested the dumbell on a flat piece of metal behind the peg to hold on to while setting your feet in for the situps. So once set in I gat to pull weirdly to lift the dumbell over the peg and to my chest, always resorting in possibly hyperextension of my wrist. It's still tender.