Thread: 4 day split vs 6 day training.

4 day split vs 6 day training.

Hello all,

Over the past 4 months I have been dieting great, and lifting hard using a 4 day split. When I started I was 388 and I am currently down 352 and am feeling great. I am currently doing early morning cardio for 30 minutes and then weight train when I get home from work (5:00 pm)

MY current split goes like this:

Monday- Chest Biceps

tuesday- Legs

Wednesday- Off

Thursday- Back

Friday- Off

Saturday - Shoulders triceps

Sunday - off.

I do Cardio 6 times a week.

My question is what are the benefits or cons if I switch to 6 day weight training a day. I would end up doing a muscle a day. Would this help me burn more calories a day? or should I continue with my current routine.
    Last edited by FREAKZILLA; 11-27-2006 at 09:28 PM.
    Your run of the mill prototipical endomorph.
    Strong to the finish, cause I eats me spinach!

it may or it may not there are other variables

but why change if what your doing is working?
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

Quote Originally Posted by 8.8 View Post
    it may or it may not there are other variables

but why change if what your doing is working?

Im starting to feel like it is getting overly repetitive. My pumps were awesome for the fews 3 months. But this whole month has been tough. I usually lift heavy and feel great through the whole workout. But over the last few weeks I have been forcing myself to get through the routine. Or could I rearrange the current routine. Should I train triceps and bi's on the same day?

what are you sets and reps like? have they been the same the whole time?

that is the first thing I would change, you can also super set things, give yourself less rest between sets, do tempo lifts, drop sets, negatives

these are all things that will change your work out and make it less boring and repetive and should also help avoid hitting a plato in strength levels
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

I do 3 sets usually between 6- 10 reps

Chest

BB Bench, DB Bench, Incline DB press, Incline Flye.

Biceps- BB Curl, Alternate DB Curl (every other week I switch to Hammer Curl) Concentration curl.

Legs

Squats, Leg Press, Hack Squats, Leg Extensions, Lying Leg Curls, Clave Raises.

Back- Deadlift, Reverse Grip BB Rows, Lat Pull Downs (to heavy for pull ups) Seated cable rows, T-Bar Rows, BB Shrugs

Shoulders- Seated DB Press, Lateral Raises, Rear Lat raises, front raises.

Triceps - Close grip bench, french press, v bar pull down.

I usually rest about 40 secs between sets sometimes less time. I like keeping the burn alive.
    Last edited by FREAKZILLA; 11-27-2006 at 10:17 PM.

there are a lot of things you can do- if you always do these specific exercises its time to swich some of them there are a lot more exercises out there- if your bored with the ones you doing chage them- its really that simple

you could also change your sets and reps
    ex. 5x5, or 10,8,6,8,10 or 6x2, or 5,4,3,2,1
    Last edited by 8.8; 11-27-2006 at 10:29 PM.