Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lion Hunt Anyone?

Lion Hunt Anyone?

This video is crazy...I would have dropped a load in my pants if that was me.

http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-1961.htm

Banned
    How many shots did they fire before they hit it?

Hitting something heading at full speed right at you is NOT easy with a rifle. Dude is lucky he lunged aside and the lion wasn't right on target to begin with.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

It's sad they call themselves hunters when it takes 4 people all with scoped rifles to shoot an animal.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    It's sad they call themselves hunters when it takes 4 people all with scoped rifles to shoot an animal.
    It's not even a hunt. People go to Africa and pay big bucks to lion raisers to kill one of their lions. They get there and there's basically a lion standing in a fenced-in plot of land.

I guess it makes those guys feel like they have big wangs since they shot a lion.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Power in the form of the destruction of life... real respectable. I just wish the lion had hit the mark, would have been that much more entertaining.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Frankly I'm surprised the lion was able to equate sharp stabbing pain with 'pack of things over there'. Lashing out at only viable targets?

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8

sigh, ****ing poachers... Wish the lion would of mauled him good. Would of atleast thought him a lesson..

i have a wealthy friend who deos that kind of stuff

his dad shot an elephant in africa last year

don't agree with it

but, the elephant hunting biz has made them more valuable to keep alive than to poach them, so the populations are surging
    the fear of losing removes the desire to win

You stay classy San Diego. Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    Anyone know what the plug in to view that is?
    I am SO glad I'm female.
    Seriously - I had NO IDEA it was this complicated.
    I just tell my husband he makes love like a God, feed him a steak, and I'm done for the day. Super easy.

God bless men. - Built

Can you eat lion? Are they tasty?
    Face it: biceps are the muscle that classifies you as a muscle man.

Striding across the fields, carrying a vorpal blade, cometh Clawhammer! And he gives a bloodthirsty bellow:

"As sure as predators devour prey, I shall paint the town a sanguine shade of doom!!!"
    Hilarity

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    sigh, ****ing poachers... Wish the lion would of mauled him good. Would of atleast thought him a lesson..
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by clawhammer_33 View Post
    Can you eat lion? Are they tasty?
    The meat is usually given to the natives, or possibly sold. The hunters don't get to take the meat home. Only the skin and head. Elephants usually cost between $100,000-$150,000. This info is all taken from an older couple that me and my dad did some work for who are big game hunters.
    JESUS KICKS ASS!

Life's too short to live in caution. Life's too long not to live at all.--Van Zandt

It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not.--Van Zandt

MYJOURNAL

MY FITDAY

Poetic justice would be if these "big game hunters" got kidnapped and released on an island and then got hunted by head hunteres or something. That would be karma right there baby.

Along the premise of that book The Deadliest Game, if any of you have read it.

I still wish the lion owned them. We have enough douchebags in the world, we could do with another lion though.

Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia View Post
    Power in the form of the destruction of life... real respectable. I just wish the lion had hit the mark, would have been that much more entertaining.
    :withstupi
    ****ing *******s.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

Quote Originally Posted by stevec087 View Post
    Along the premise of that book The Deadliest Game, if any of you have read it.
    What about Surviving the Game, starring Ice-T?

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

Surviving The Game = te bst!

I sure hope all you guys are vegetarians.

Quote Originally Posted by betastas View Post
    I still wish the lion owned them. We have enough douchebags in the world, we could do with another lion though.
    I'll agree that the lion deserved to own them but ... why exactly could we do with another lion?

Lions are dangerous. They are bigger than us, stronger than us, faster than us. They are predators. Given the chance they would eat our young as they have been doing around african villages for as long as there have been lions and villages.

What purpose does a lion or any big cat serve, really? Keep the gazelle population down? We can do that ourselves... and gazelle don't eat what we eat. Let them eat enough grass that large numbers of them die off... so what?

If an animal can't adapt to the changes we make to the world or our predations then it fails Darwinism 101 ... it is not fit therefore it does not survive. I don't weep for the polar bears dying to climate change, feel remorse for the seals slaughtered, or give a rat's ass about the whales and dolphins caught by accident in our nets (any more than I care about said rat's asses that we kill by the millions every year. Despite our efforts to wipe them out rats persist: They are fit and therefore worthy.).

I only care about the species wiped out by environmental stresses as warning signs for our own species' survival. Other than that I won't particularly mourn the passing of the last great white shark, even if they are cool as all hell.

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB View Post
    Hahn, I don't support poaching, but what more do you want? Would you rather those guys smear their faces in mud and crawl through the brush with hatchets clenched in their teeth or something?
    Last edited by McIrish; 11-29-2006 at 08:01 AM.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

maaaaan I wish that lion owned them. Saw a vid of a big male lion owning a hunter and it gave me a sweet sensation inside.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBoxer View Post
    I'll agree that the lion deserved to own them but ... why exactly could we do with another lion?

Lions are dangerous. They are bigger than us, stronger than us, faster than us. They are predators. Given the chance they would eat our young as they have been doing around african villages for as long as there have been lions and villages.

What purpose does a lion or any big cat serve, really? Keep the gazelle population down? We can do that ourselves... and gazelle don't eat what we eat. Let them eat enough grass that large numbers of them die off... so what?

If an animal can't adapt to the changes we make to the world or our predations then it fails Darwinism 101 ... it is not fit therefore it does not survive. I don't weep for the polar bears dying to climate change, feel remorse for the seals slaughtered, or give a rat's ass about the whales and dolphins caught by accident in our nets (any more than I care about said rat's asses that we kill by the millions every year. Despite our efforts to wipe them out rats persist: They are fit and therefore worthy.).

I only care about the species wiped out by environmental stresses as warning signs for our own species' survival. Other than that I won't particularly mourn the passing of the last great white shark, even if they are cool as all hell.

No offense, but you know very little about ecosystems and how animals of predator and prey interatct with one another. An animal like a Lion or a Tiger is the back-bone, the indicator of how the entire ecosystem is that area is doing. This place would be pretty boring if there were no animals at all, just people and wall to wall buildings. I guess you'd have no problem if right now someone knocked down your door and killed your entire family with a shotgun because well, "If an animal can't adapt to the changes we make to the world or our predations then it fails Darwinism 101 ... it is not fit therefore it does not survive." People killing animals with guns is not Darwinism

Quote Originally Posted by McIrish View Post
    Hahn, I don't support poaching, but what more do you want? Would you rather those guys smear their faces in mud and crawl through the brush with hatchets clenched in their teeth or something?
    Where's the hunt? I see an animal that will hold its ground, not run. I also see 4 men with rifles shooting at the same animal-is that really hunting?
    I always thought the word hunt implied some sort of challenge, I guess I was wrong.
    Last edited by HahnB; 11-29-2006 at 09:17 AM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

I don't see a correlation between crazy shotgunning a family and killing of a top level predator. One is detrimental to yourself (as you'll probably get caught and sent to prison forever or be executed) and the other is better for your species as a whole.

Besides, we have adapted to people kicking in doors and killing everyone. That's how it used to be even just a few hundred years ago during raids between nations or tribes. The human race is still here despite that. Laws and social conditioning were our cultural evolution.

I'm mainly playing devil's advocate here, for the record. My true thoughts are as simple as I don't care what lives or dies as long as it's not us as a species or something we like eating or petting. Keep the chain intact that feeds the chickens, cows, pigs, cats, and dogs and I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBoxer View Post
    I'm mainly playing devil's advocate here, for the record.
    lol, I was hoping you were joking.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal