The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Rowers?

Rowers?

Just wondering out of curiousity, how many rowers are there here?
    Only they would understand the pain of the erg.
    *New Goals*
    7/7/2010
    I just wanna get back in the weightlifting saddle

*Old Lifts*
    5/30/2009
    6'2", 190lbs
    Bench: 280x1, 245x3, 225x8
    Squat: 225x8, 245x4
    Deadlift: 225x6, 245x3

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I'm not a rower, but I row.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Talk to Fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanH View Post
    Talk to Fuzzy.
    THANK YOU!!! hahaha

and yes bro, i know the pain :d i live and breathe the sport.

6:39 on the 2k, that hurt like a mother ****er!!!

so whats ur stats man?
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    6:39 on the 2k
    thats a ****ing good effort dood, i usually only do it in 1, 3 or 5 minute bursts and bests are about 320, 880 and 1375.

you are going better than a 300 minute the whole time, that is huge

Age - 25
    Height - 181cm
    Weight - 82.5kg (181 pounds)

Squat - 130kg x 10 (287 pounds)
    Bench - 95kg x 2 (210 pounds)
    Deads - 95kg x 10 (198 pounds)

hehe... im not kidding, i was vomiting and couldent breathe after that.

The dream is 6:15... ouch.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

ugh, I was a Div 1 rower in college, so I know the erg like the back of my hand, my best 2k was a 6:26.8 and I remember my 6k being around 20:59? Just thought itd be funny to see if anyone else rowed a ton, its my 5th year of experience but figure its something I'll be doing til I'm 80 haha

and literally rolling off the erg and onto the floor for the next 10 minutes is fun stuff haha
    Last edited by lecithin; 12-23-2006 at 07:43 PM.
    *New Goals*
    7/7/2010

*Old Lifts*
    5/30/2009
    6'2", 190lbs

6:26.8!!! you beast!!!!

Man that must have hurt, and anything under 21 is incredible on a 6k, far out man, much congrats!

So Im guessing your in the 8s...lucky, Im stroke and captain of a heavy weight junior quad (IM THE SMALLEST) finally get into the 8s next year, Im sick of this little pee wee scull oars and stuff.

I think youll understand this[

"Orright fellas, hands on the boat, flipping straight to head, on 2, 1, 2!"

Leaving me hepless under the boat while the other three tree like freaks take it out... grrr.

Good to have a fellow rower !!!

thanks man, you aren't doing bad yourself, my height helps a decent bit, I'm usually in the 8's at 6 or 4 (port obviously :P) I don't mind it, 4's arent my thing haha, one bad man and it'll never be set and you won't get a clean stroke off

you guys use Vespoli and Hudson and all that down in Australia?
    *New Goals*
    7/7/2010

*Old Lifts*
    5/30/2009
    6'2", 190lbs

And agreed on the fours! I had to row with one of the very bad senior crews right after my race. Even though I was exhausted every time Id stroke (thats if i got a stroke!!!) id end up turning the boat.
    Last edited by Fuzzy; 12-23-2006 at 08:42 PM.

4's take a lot of precision haha
    *New Goals*
    7/7/2010

*Old Lifts*
    5/30/2009
    6'2", 190lbs

ever rowed a pair? GOOD, i thought singles were unstable, those things were impossible.

Your screaming at the other guy, DONT CHECK IT... he checks it and you flip.

I rowed a single once, amusingly horrible at it, and a pair twice, also amusing, never competitively
    *New Goals*
    7/7/2010

*Old Lifts*
    5/30/2009
    6'2", 190lbs

I rowed in HS. I actually started at as a cox due to being a shrimp. My junior and senior year I rowed a double. I was still tiny at 5' 8 140lbs, but we did ok. My partner and I junior year were just a great duo. If he had stuck around for senior year we could have given some guys a run for their money. We used to practice with a neighboring school, which had one of the 10 best men's doubles in the country. I remember beating them in a race at practice. They were all bent out of shape. Their coach came over and told us how pissed they were, and how proud we was of us. Of course our coach was watching our top women's double (finished top 5 at nationals) and never paid any attention to us. My partner quit basically because of our coach. He played favorites, and didn't like you unless your were over 6' tall. I wound up working with my other school's coach as much as possible. I would like to get back in a boat. It's such great cardio, and nothing is better than rowing across a perfectly calm harbor.
    Last edited by cphafner; 12-24-2006 at 09:36 AM.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    I rowed in HS. I actually started at as a cox due to being a shrimp. My junior and senior year I rowed a double. I was still tiny at 5' 8 140lbs, but we did ok. My partner and I junior year were just a great duo. If he had stuck around for senior year we could have given some guys a run for their money. We used to practice with a neighboring school, which had one of the 10 best men's doubles in the country. I remember beating them in a race at practice. They were all bent out of shape. Their coach came over and told us how pissed they were, and how proud we was of us. Of course our coach was watching our top women's double (finished top 5 at nationals) and never paid any attention to us. My partner quit basically because of our coach. He played favorites, and didn't like you unless your were over 6' tall. I wound up working with my other school's coach as much as possible. I would like to get back in a boat. It's such great cardio, and nothing is better than rowing across a perfectly calm harbor.

BTW, where I grew up was considered one of the best places to row on the east coast. We had a narrow harbor that was protected to the north and south. The wind barely ripped though. It was also a nature preserve, so no motor boats were allowed in the harbor. It was our own little rowing heaven, and just about a perfect 2500 meter course.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

where I grew up, nobody expected a good team to form(the Cuyahoga river lacks straight stretches), so therefore they were quite surprised when we started winning Midwest Championships one after another (3 during my 4 years at St.Ignatius Cleveland) and finish a Jr 4 in 1st at Nationals, and my most beloved memory of all, going to Stotes and kicking some Eastern ass haha (although admittedly not the best there haha )
    *New Goals*
    7/7/2010

*Old Lifts*
    5/30/2009
    6'2", 190lbs