The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Pictures of my current self.

First pictures i've posted in probably almost a year. Weights actually I down but I feel I look leaner than before so maybe its a good thing.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...99689727Nqchkj Arms out flexed

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...99689727uHCmoU - Relaxed

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...99689727UKyrrM - Arms out relaxed.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...99689727HOYcMg - Lat Spread

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...99689727jYRnos - Most Muscular

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...99689727MPMMZe - Quads

My ex-girlfriend was right, I really do always look confused in pictures.. As you can see my quads really have no definition but I just started doing higher rep squats so maybe that'll come along with that. Just figured i'd let people see what kind of progress i've made since my last pictures.
    Last edited by KevinStarke; 11-30-2006 at 12:19 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Nice mass. You look taller then 5'4.

Whats your BF. I'm guessing 11%. I think you'd look crazy at 9...you got some sick traps, a nice lat spread and overall some great mass.

Keep it up!
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 11-29-2006 at 09:33 PM.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Looking pretty lean! Nice set of traps, too.

Like I said in your last set of pics, wicked traps. Overall great physique.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Looking pretty lean! Nice set of traps, too.
    +3 on the traps..mine are getting there but someday hoping to look like yours.

Looking awesome man. You're thick but still really cut. The fact that you can put up powerlifting numbers with a bodybuilding-type body makes it all the more impressive. I think a lot of people aspire to achieve the look you've got. You should feel proud.

I can't believe you're younger than me, though! Geez.

hahaha i like the one where your grabbing your package!!!

traps look awesome
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

Thanks for comments everyone, much appreciated. I never really worked my traps too much but they were always naturally pretty big. I have no idea what my bodyfat is i've never had it checked. I train like a powerlifter but my diet more closely resembles a bodybuilders, pretty clean really as opposed to the "eat everything in site" heavyweight way of eating.

8.8 - hah, my intent was to hold my shorts up but it ended up a little MJ-esque.
    Last edited by KevinStarke; 11-29-2006 at 10:59 PM.

Awesome work Kev!
    Your Traps are off the **** ing charts man!!!! Nice thick Mid section too.
    I'd love to have wrestle with a compact super human such as yourself, when you heading over to Aus?

Current PR's (updated 19th March.)

Bench: 325lbs/ 145kgs
    Dead: 395lbs/ 180kgs
    Squat: 370lbs/ 165kgs x 1 parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinStarke View Post
    8.8 - hah, my intent was to hold my shorts up but it ended up a little MJ-esque.

yea sure !!!!! lol jk
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

Eat and be marry...
    Looking great! How long have you trained? Do you find it easy to maintain where your at???
    Peace out...Lexie!

8.8 - Mwahaha! :evillaugh

TKO - Thanks, very easy to maintain. I just eat when i'm hungry and I try to eat as clean as possible. I stray plenty though when i'm out.
    Last edited by KevinStarke; 11-30-2006 at 12:01 AM.

8.8, you're my hero!

Kevin, what can I say that hasn't already been said. Your physique is truly outstanding.

I'm doing higher rep squats too this "bulk" (it's more like higher maintenance, I don't want to gain as much fat as I did last time) and I think it might just be the trick - they need more work than my hammies ever seem to need.

Very impressive man, you have huge traps, ur strength is awsome for your weight in all 3 lifts. I am 5'6 so it is great motivation for me. U must be one of the strongest guys in most gyms pound for pound.

Are traps a good inidicator of someones level of muscularity? Thinking of all the people I have seen with big traps non of them were weak from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmithy View Post
    Very impressive man, you have huge traps, ur strength is awsome for your weight in all 3 lifts. I am 5'6 so it is great motivation for me. U must be one of the strongest guys in most gyms pound for pound.

Are traps a good inidicator of someones level of muscularity? Thinking of all the people I have seen with big traps non of them were weak from memory.
    Hmmm, interesting actually. In no way does not having huge Traps indicate that you arent a strong beast, but i tend to agree. Anyone that i have seen with crazy natural Traps are freaky strong. Must be something that happens in the womb.... :evillaugh

Current PR's (updated 19th March.)

Bench: 325lbs/ 145kgs
    Dead: 395lbs/ 180kgs
    Squat: 370lbs/ 165kgs x 1 parallel.

Hehe, my sis saw the pic and said 'Cutie'

Insane traps man, Ive naturally got decent traps, but Id kill for a pair like that! There my favourite muscle, they look so cool when you flex em.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

damn son you are still jacked! your arms look an easy 16 but its probley because you short, or are they?? keep it up kevin i say deffinatly put on a few lbs.

then again dont listen to me im a mass/strength whore if i had your body id ruin it puttin on 50 lbs
    2000 or bust

Very lean, but still built too. Nice overall definition

wow your traps are unreal, and you say you barley work them? What exercises are you doing to work them? I'd love to have a set like that. Big props

Looking awesome Kevin, as always!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Built - Thanks, high rep squats are brutal.. well to me at least haha.

TSmithy - Traps definitelly mean nothing in regards to overall body strength because honestly mine arent even strong. When I say I barely work them I mean I barely work them. I do DB shrugs every heavy bench day with 50's/60's for sets of 12-15. I'm sure there are plenty of guys with less developed traps that could outshrug the **** out of me no problem. From what i've seen calves and traps seem to be the most genetically dependend muscles you have.

Immortal - I just thank my dad

Fuzzy - How olds your sister?

Stump - Haha no thanks man I like my current weight. A possible bulk to 170 before my next competition might happen but 50 lbs would make me look like a midget meatball. I prefer to be lean/strong as opposed to bulky/strong.
    I have no idea what my arms measure.

WBBIRL - Thank you sir

JDiesel - Haha damn man people really like traps huh? Like I said earlier in this post I really only do a few sets of DB shrugs each week, its definitelly genetic in my case.

getfit - Why thank you
    Last edited by KevinStarke; 11-30-2006 at 11:06 AM.

Fuzzy - How olds your sister?
    LOL!!!

Yeah you do have naturally freaky traps. I had to actually start working mine a lot to get them big but they responded well. You're right, must be a genetic thing.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Kevin you are looking great bro. Everything has already been mentioned but traps look ace and your bf is super low. But you don't care about that ****...you are a powerlifter :P
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Guido - Yah mine grew in pretty fast in my training even when I was young

Sidior - Haha I DO care more about my numbers then my physique but hey... i'm moving to California so working on my physique couldn't hurt.

looking very good man. nice size and lean.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!