Thread: Panasonic help?

Panasonic help?

Anybody here have a newer Panasonic HDtv? I can't figure out how to turn the closed captioning off and it's driving me nuts I've read through the entire manual and I cannot find anything on it. I've went through every option on the remote it seems too.

It is only on for DVD's and I made sure it's not the DVD player, because I know how to turn that one off.

If anyone has any ideas, please share.
    6'3"

*on the shelf*

Banned
    How can it only be on with the DVD player? I thought the DVD player controls the CC option. Have you tried using the DVD player on another TV?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpikeyThing View Post
    How can it only be on with the DVD player? I thought the DVD player controls the CC option. Have you tried using the DVD player on another TV?

Well it was an entourage DVD, I stopped it, and went to the options menu and turned off caption 1. I resumed play, it was still there... I took the DVD out and went to the menu, turned it off there too. That's why I think it is on the TV. I could be wrong, I'm gonna call the service line today though.
    6'3"

*on the shelf*

There are two types of captions on some DVDs - the ones on the DVD itself and the ones from the DVD player. Make sure you've checked for both.