The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 101 of 252 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 6286
    Originally posted by galileo
     wikked
    Trust me, having sex with her would be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.

LMAO!!!!!! That's poetry.

posted by some jerk named: Galileo
    SLOSH-THUD...SLOSH-THUD...SLOSH-THUD. It sounded like someone put a ****ing shoe in the washing machine and turned it on agitate. I never want to see, hear, or imagine anything of the sort ever again. [/B]
    This is now the most disgusting description of a sexual encounter I have ever had the displeasure of reading! BRAVO
    Last edited by SquareHead; 09-30-2003 at 10:41 AM.
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

09.30.2003 - Day 9 [2]

Prolegomenon
    Last night I took an ab measurement just to see how I was doing. I was down a bit, so I made sure to check again this morning. Same pinch, 11.5mm, so it's official. I'm as lean now as I was at 154lbs, which was a full year ago. But I am way bigger this year than last. I should honestly be even bigger, but I was still figuring out the subtleties of my body's reactions to diet. Here is a quote from back then...

Originally posted by galileo on 10.22.2002
    VI. Stat Whore©
    Daily Rating: *****
    The wait is over! It's StatWhore© time!

Weight: 154lbs

Abdominal: 11.5mm-14mm
    Chest: 3.5mm-5mm
    Thigh: 14mm-16mm
    ----
    8%-9.8%

I actually buy 9.8% as a valid number. I pinched as much fat as possible in the latter measurements, in the former I pinched the general region. I'm not even sure what's right but I do know I've made progress so I don't give two ***** what my number is, I only care that I look lean. Today I actually looked lean. I was very happy when I looked in the mirror.
    I should do a chest and thigh pinch tomorrow morning just to see if there is much of a difference. Anyhow, as usual, still pleased with the consistent progression.

Prandial Promulgation
    I must repent for skipping my last meal and sleeping, eventhough I was super tired. I think that put me at <1100 kcals for yesterday. Fack.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; supplements
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;ec stack, r-ala, glutamine, daily one cap, b-100, e complex, c-1000, glucosamine, coral calcium, melatonin, zinc, yohimburn

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; food
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;· 6oz turkey, 1oz oatmeal, 100mg r-ala, 25mg ephedrine, 200mg caffeine, 500mg coral calcium, 400iu vitamin e
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;· 5oz chicken, 1oz oatmeal 100mg r-ala, daily one cap, b-100
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;· 1 can tuna, 1oz oatmeal, 3g fish oil, 100mg r-ala, 200mg caffeine, 25mg ephedra, glucosamine, 1g vitamin c
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;· 8oz cochee, 3oz strawberries, 4g fish oil, 100mg r-ala, 50mg zinc
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;· 60g driver, 1.5g coral calcium, melatonin, 5g glutamine

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; beverages
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;water, coffee, diet cherry 7up, diet a&w cream soda of hAet.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; totals
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1260 kcal 31g fat 89g carbs [18g fiber] 168g protein

&nbsp;Toils
    Initial Depletion #2.

&nbsp;&nbsp;· cable curl
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;50x8, 100x15, x15, x15, x15, x15
    &nbsp;&nbsp;· tricep pushdown
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;50x8, 100x15, x15, x15, x15, 100x10/80x5
    &nbsp;&nbsp;· 45° leg press
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;4ppsx15, x15, x15, x15, x15
    &nbsp;&nbsp;· cybex leg curl
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;40x15, x15, x15, x15, x15
    &nbsp;&nbsp;· cybex leg extension
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;80x15, x15, x15
    &nbsp;&nbsp;· cybex calf raises on lying leg extension
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;120x20, x20, x20

More yohimburn, trying not to look weird in front of the foo-foo lifters.

I got a tiny bit nauseaous once I started the curl/extension/calf-raise supersets. But, the hardest part was walking out of the gym. My arms swelled up intensely after the first sets and the leg work felt impossible this week. Today's workout was a little more difficult, but I'm hanging in there. No puke!

&nbsp;Torpidity
    A much better 8 hours of slizzle mah nizzle.

That's cute that you're using all of those cybex machines. Do you have to make sure you get on them before the cheerleading squad comes in and before the tae-bo class get's out to make sure there is not a long line at them?
    Old Journal

-PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

&nbsp;squarehead
    LOL! But seriously, using machines for depletion is an extreme blessing. I can't imagine trying to do the free weight counterparts for some of these exercises. I save the manly free weight stuff for Saturdays.

Nice session G. I have that to look forward to tomorrow. Since I can't do presses I was going to do squats, curls, extensions. This seem OK?

Nice work on teh ab pinch. Wanna trade?

&nbsp;mik
    Thanks. I say if you can do 5 sets of 15 on the squat, approaching failure, then go for it. It would probably deplete your hams and glutes far better than what I have to use. And no, you cannot have my ab pinch!

Congrats on the not-puking thing. Perhaps that was the green tea after all.

Also, are the depletion workouts based on the same concept as that "Lactic Acid Meltdown" article you have on your page?

&nbsp;mik
    And no, you cannot have my ab pinch!
    You selfish bastard!

There may be hope yet. JustinASU's Avatar
    Silently Slipping into the dark abyss of Insanity
    [B
    &nbsp;wikked
    There is barely any room for humor when it is the middle of the night and you wake up hearing SLOSH-THUD...SLOSH-THUD...SLOSH-THUD. It sounded like someone put a ****ing shoe in the washing machine and turned it on agitate. I never want to see, hear, or imagine anything of the sort ever again. [/B]
    Maybe I'm low on oxygen up here in the mountains or something but when I read this description I laughed until I teared up. Gal you are truely a master writer. Oh and congrats on the ab pinch. I have never known your level of leanness....

bastard.
    Last edited by JustinASU; 09-30-2003 at 01:28 PM.
    Credulous at best
    Your desire to believe in
    Angels in the hearts of men.
    But pull your head on out of your hippie haze
    And give a listen
    Shouldn't have to say it all again

&nbsp;scott
    Not quite the same, but you certain parts resemble it. The lactic acid meltdown is attempting to achieve lactic acid building then flushing (which is directly related to the release of growth hormone). The article tries to show that cardio is detrimental due to the effects it has on various aspects of one's body. I don't buy into the anti-cardio camp because it has its place, but the premise seems solid. It's like most interval training, except instead of doing something to tax your CV system (HIIT) you use weight training to achieve the same effect. This diet is more about depleting glycogen through long and intense workouts with miniscule weights, then while your body is depleted and hungry for glycogen, you overcompensate before it knows what hit it. You end up keeping the fat loss and resetting your system so it is ready to lose again. With proper tweaking I imagine this could also be one hell of a bulking diet. If you cut your carbs to next to nothing on the depletion days, but ate around maintenance calories in fat and protein, then carbed up huge, then ate a little over maintenance with moderate carbs on days 6/7, you could probably put on some decent muscle. I'm going to take a few weeks off and up my calories to maintenance after I've done this for 6 weeks, then perhaps I'll give that a shot.

&nbsp;mik
    Yes. Yes I am. You don't get to the top by giving handouts though...muahahaha!

&nbsp;justin
    Thanks, man. I hope that after this cut is over, I'll look as lean as Will or some of the other bastards with superior leanness. As I've said, my abs lean out quick, the rest is what takes its time.

Bulking on UD2.0 -- interesting.

Galileo has a third nipple under his left arm. He told me this in the strictest of confidence. He said he may go to a surgeon to have it removed some time soon so that he doesn't have to be "that guy in the pool with his shirt on". Let's all rally around gal and support his third nipple removal!!!
    Old Journal

-PwrMajt:

What's wrong with a third nipple?

You have 3 nipples dont you mik?!?
    Old Journal

-PwrMajt:

Originally posted by Scott S
    Bulking on UD2.0 -- interesting.
    He goes over it in his book. I'm going to try it in a couple weeks. We shall see how that goes.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Coolness.

You live in philly??

Ill be there fri-sun for my 21st!

at the USP.

I suck.

Ill be drinking on Amtrak.

I have a problem.
    " ...if all else fails, just whip out those b'normous biceps!!!!!!! Teh lad33z <3 teh str3ngth!"- McIrish

"An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy..."

"When a man is in love, is jealous, and has been whipped by the Inquisition, he is no longer himself..."- Voltaire

Originally posted by HomeYield

He goes over it in his book. I'm going to try it in a couple weeks. We shall see how that goes.
    I was actually **thinking** about trying this diet on a bulk as well....
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Originally posted by SquareHead
    You have 3 nipples dont you mik?!?
    Wouldn't you like to know?

&nbsp;scott, will, and justinEff
    Bulking is slightly touched upon in the book, but I'm sure you could infer a method just based on the information provided. You could tweak it for minimal fat loss or maximal muscle gain based on your low-carb carb caloric levels and weekend maintenance levels. I think it could be quite successful.

&nbsp;squah
    Like Chandler, the third nipple is the source of my sarcasm. Never would I remove it!

&nbsp;clvmike
    Nah, I live outside of Pittsburgh. But happy birthday a little early!

Pittsburgh!

Well Cleveland is going to lose to them on Sun, so there!!!

I live in Youngstown. Gawd help me.
    " ...if all else fails, just whip out those b'normous biceps!!!!!!! Teh lad33z <3 teh str3ngth!"- McIrish

"An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy..."

"When a man is in love, is jealous, and has been whipped by the Inquisition, he is no longer himself..."- Voltaire

&nbsp;clvmike
    I have some friends who live up in Sharon, PA. That's pretty close to Youngstown and not too far from where I live. I haven't got to watch a single Steeler game this year. I miss eating pizza and watching the game with my parents when I was little. Great, now I'm all nostalgic. Perhaps I just want some pizza.

You just had to mention pizza eh?

I've had pizza every day since Saturday.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.