Page 201 of 252 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 6286

Thread: Galileo Figaro Magnifico!

Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
    BWAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!! Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Good workout today. BB Rows aren't my strong point either, which is why they have to be done. What are all those fancy machines you've got listed there? I hadn't used machines in a while (feeling kinda macho about it).

edit: I recently briefly dated someone who had studied to be an auctioneer, so by association I feel qualified to start the bidding on Rene at $12.00. Do I hear $12.25?

$12.25 going once...
    Wow, talk about a ripoff. Realize that buying him for $12 is like buying a Playstation 3 box for $1000. Sure, on the surface it's what you expected, but when you finally work your way inside you'll be disappointed to find a large, gaping hole where there should be what you paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkeez View Post
    "Briefly dated" are we talking hours??
    He was probably a gymnast.

One month.
    Fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    *barfs*
    That image was so perfectly painted inside my head.
    I apologize, but describing it is the only way I can get it out of my head and into someone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    People hate you.
    Good...er, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinStarke View Post
    Good lookin back work. You should write a book you hatefull little man.
    I plan on it. It'll be a #1 Best Seller too, because everybody is secretly as spiteful as me.

December 12, 2006 - Enjoy yourselves, bitches.
    This weekend wasn't wonderful, but I can't complain too much I guess. Katy came down and we hung out Friday and Saturday. We went to dinner on Saturday night and we both felt a little ill afterward. My illness persisted across Sunday to the point where I just rested on the couch all day with a headache. I didn't eat very well, but I really couldn't handle a trip to the store to get some real food.

I'm back to a fair diet now though and hopefully I'll get back in line with some real progression on the bodyfat soon.

Diet and Supplementation
    Muscle milk, low-carb milk, oatmeal, turkey, pepper-jack cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, and perhaps 20 other varieties of dairy product entered my stomach the hard way.

Animal Pak, AMP, NO-Xplode (best placebo ever), fish oil, and ETS made my day more productive.

Workout
    This has been my first workout since restarting that I've felt fully energized throughout the entire effort. I really enjoyed it.

Full Squats: 45x8, 95x5, 135x5, 185x5, 200x5, 200x5, 200x5 (+45)
    I know I'm not squatting what the "heroes" of WBB squat, but I added 45lbs more to the bar this week and it wasn't even as difficult as my previous efforts were. With luck, I'll get back to some decent numbers this year.

Good Mornings: 135x8, 135x8
    These weren't too hard. A lot of people have trouble with these, but once I read a solid description on how they're done, I was able to really get a hamstring workout and not a lower back workout. Start with a mild quarter-squat, then lean forward and push your ass back simultaneously until your spine is as close to parallel as possible. Thrust yourself up by pushing your hips forward in a humping fashion. Is nice!

Seated Calf Raise: +90x12, +140x8, +140x8 (+50)
    My calves hurt a little after this. Another huge increase on my weights from last leg session.

Hamstring Curls (drop-sets): 6x8, 10x8, 12x8->10x8->8x8->6x12
    I thought the "10" setting on the machine would be enough, but it wasn't. So I started with a more difficult 12, then dropped by 2 every step down to 6. If I would've went to 4, the weight of my legs would've moved the weight far more than would've been worth while, so I ended the last set with more reps than anticipated. I thought it was a little too easy really, but as I got off the machine my legs wouldn't bend. When I went into the locker room, I couldn't cross my legs to get my socks off, I had to pick each foot up by the pant leg just to position myself correctly. The shower was difficult, particularly drying my feet. Next week I will start off with 13 and work my way down in increments of 1 and perhaps I'll be done before I hit 6.

I was very satisfied with this workout. My legs seem too be as well. I have a ton of real-life work to do this afternoon, or I'd describe to you my sheer and utter hatred for my temporary apartment and the cable company. I'll save it for later, I suppose.

Nice squattin!

die die die. all of you. die.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

A week old journal and you already have more squat workouts than Renee!

I'd try to pace yourself with the squats though (the big jump), you'll squeeze more out in the long run.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

There may be hope yet. JustinASU's Avatar
    Silently Slipping into the dark abyss of Insanity
    Your diet makes me want to vomit up an organ, salt it and eat it, just so I can get some flavor. Seriously--turkey, protein shake, oats.

Also, why bother with hammie curls after doing GMs? GMs are the king of hamstring lifts (aside from GHRs).
    Credulous at best
    Your desire to believe in
    Angels in the hearts of men.
    But pull your head on out of your hippie haze
    And give a listen
    Shouldn't have to say it all again

Finally, you put some goddamn weight on the bar.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Nice squattin!
    Thanks. I am quite happy that I made it in the gym at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ectx View Post
    die die die. all of you. die.
    Cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    A week old journal and you already have more squat workouts than Renee!

I'd try to pace yourself with the squats though (the big jump), you'll squeeze more out in the long run.
    I plan on pacing myself for now, but I knew when I put 135 on the bar that I had a lot more in me and just a few reps at 185 and I knew that I'd be wasting my time if I didn't go harder. From now it'll be 5-10lb jumps at best.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinASU View Post
    Your diet makes me want to vomit up an organ, salt it and eat it, just so I can get some flavor. Seriously--turkey, protein shake, oats.

Also, why bother with hammie curls after doing GMs? GMs are the king of hamstring lifts (aside from GHRs).
    My diet's just fine, dude. I don't know how you cut, but if I'm going to lose fat, I need to eat clean foods.

GMs are nice, but my hamstrings have always lagged, so I thought some extra work would hurt. Particularly since the GMs crush my entire core and the hamstring curls focus on one general area. I'm hands-down a quad squatter, so the extra hamstring work is always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pup View Post
    Finally, you put some goddamn weight on the bar.
    Yeah and it took two whole weeks! How did you stand waiting so long?

Quote Originally Posted by galileo View Post
    Is nice!
    Everything from there on sounds like Borat talking inside of my head. I'm glad it was before the dairy products info or I'd be giggling for a week or too.

Do you plan your diet out much?

Do that voodoo that he do
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

Part of me wants to congratulate you on a good session, but the dominant part of me just wants to yell obscentities at you.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    Part of me wants to congratulate you on a good session, but the dominant part of me just wants to yell obscentities at you.
    Haha, you said titties.

Moving some better weight now

Cutting is for the weak...or at least for the summer! Its time to get fat...ter.

Cutting is for the weak. Bulk up over 200, then cut back. Before that, eh, its just not worth it. I'll worry about cutting if I get over 260. The I'll worry about the fat.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k View Post
    Everything from there on sounds like Borat talking inside of my head. I'm glad it was before the dairy products info or I'd be giggling for a week or too.

Do you plan your diet out much?
    I do, generally, plan it out pretty well. Lately, it's just "eat as healthy as possible" until the holidays end here and we no longer have to be surrounded with party food.

Quote Originally Posted by Borris View Post
    Yaaaaay!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinStarke View Post
    Moving some better weight now
    I'm slowly getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by heathj View Post
    Cutting is for the weak...or at least for the summer! Its time to get fat...ter.
    I'm already fat enough.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeYield View Post
    Cutting is for the weak. Bulk up over 200, then cut back. Before that, eh, its just not worth it. I'll worry about cutting if I get over 260. The I'll worry about the fat.
    Says the mother****er with a permanent six pack. My next step after getting to a normal fat level is to bulk to 200. For now, I'm sucking it up and getting a little leaner before I progress.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    I hear a workout happened in here... *checking.... checking*

Good squatting there, and the GMs look good too! I think of GM's the same way and I loathe the idea of my hamstrings being secondary in that lift. 135 is a damn good weight for it, too.

Mmmmmmm.... legs. Is niiiice.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

i thought you might have liked this pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

he *might* have liked it back when he wasn't interested in men.

I hear a workout happened in here... *checking.... checking*

Good squatting there, and the GMs look good too! I think of GM's the same way and I loathe the idea of my hamstrings being secondary in that lift. 135 is a damn good weight for it, too.

Mmmmmmm.... legs. Is niiiice.
    Yeah, the 135 was nice for not having a belt. The weight kinda rolls down my back a slight bit (keep it off my neck), which causes a lot of broken caps which show up in the form of huge red, brown, and blue bruises on my upper traps. Is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by getfit View Post
    i thought you might have liked this pic
    *drools* She's so hot. She's probably like 12 in that picture too, making me a complete pedo, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by heathj View Post
    he *might* have liked it back when he wasn't interested in men.
    DIAF.

December 14, 2006 - Defeating the 12 days of Christmas
    I'm now cock-deep in the 12 days of Christmas here at work, where people bring in loads of nonsense which includes hefty amounts of cakes, candies, and other things that would normally sway me. I'm doing a fairly decent job of now gorging, but it almost seems like I'm on a cyclic diet. One day dedicated fully, one not-so-much, and so on. It might actually be working out for me, who knows? Die.

Diet and Supplementation
    Muscle milk, low-carb milk, oatmeal, turkey, pepper-jack cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, and so forth. I will get some Nitrean here shortly, then hopefully choke down some tuna and spinach before the day ends. Who knows?

Animal Pak, ephedrine + caffeine, NO-Xplode (best placebo ever), fish oil, and ETS made my day more productive.

Reminds me later to tell you a little story about AMP and how never to use it 3x a day.

Workout
    I decided that my last workout was a good prelude to start a lower/upper/lower/upper split like I had before. I always found tremendous gains from this style of split, so perhaps it'll serve me well now. If you can't refer to my old journal, then basically the outline goes :

Upper Body Day One [Focus Chest/Biceps]
    Heavy Chest: 3x5
    Auxiliary Chest: 4x12 [30 seconds rest]
    Moderate Back: 2x8
    Moderate Triceps: 2x8
    Auxiliary Biceps: 4x12 [30 seconds rest]

Lower Body Day One [Focus Quads]
    Heavy Legs: 3x5
    Moderate Quads: 2x8
    Auxiliary Quads: 4x12 [30 seconds rest]
    Auxiliary Calves: 4x12 [30 seconds rest]

Upperbody Day Two [Focus Back/Triceps]
    Heavy Back: 3x5
    Auxiliary Back: 4x12 [30 seconds rest]
    Moderate Chest: 2x8
    Moderate Biceps: 2x8
    Auxiliary Triceps: 4x12 [30 seconds rest]

Lower Body Day Two [Focus Hams]
    Heavy Legs: 3x5
    Moderate Hamstrings: 2x8
    Auxiliary Hamstrings: 4x12 [30 seconds rest]
    Moderate Traps: 2x8
    Moderate Abs: 2x8

I will add some additional shoulder work if necessary, maybe some alternate ab items, or varied calf-work. The auxiliary work can be swapped for drop-sets if I am so inclined. All in all, the basic outline is pretty solid.

Onto today...

Upper Body Day One [Focus Chest/Biceps]

DB Bench: 30x5, 45x5, 60x5, 75x5, 70x5, 70x5
    I tried to jump from 65s to 75s this time (+20lbs, not so good on chest motions) and it didn't work out too well. I guess I'll try again next time.

DB Flyes (30 seconds rest): 25x12, 25x12, 25x12
    These burned bad, I had to stop at 3 sets. I'm not quite prepared for more just yet.

Lat Pulldown: 10x8, 11x6
    The "10" setting seemed good, but I moved up anyway. I squeezed out a solid 6.

Rope Pulldown: 100x8, 110x8
    110 was the perfect choice for the second set. I failed on the last rep and it was a hard, glorious ****ing rep.

DB Curls: 25x12:12, 25x12:12
    The pump was incredible after this. I seek not these things, but I was painfully pumped.

I felt like I should've done more, but I'll keep it here since I'm doing closer to two upper body workouts per week now. We'll see how this goes.

your strength is climbing up quickly. You didn't whine as much this time though. I kind of miss that.

oh yeah. iHate you. Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by ectx; 12-14-2006 at 02:55 PM.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Nice session, what is the rationale behind the 30s break on the chest auxiliary?
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Real solid workout nice dumbell work.

good workout dude
    2000 or bust