The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 203 of 252 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 6286
    Given how horrible you told me this workout was, I'm thoroughly dissapointed. I fully expected to come in here and insult you, instead I find continuous progress. The other common thread is that you still whine a lot. Now stfu and enjoy the fact that you're making progress. Merry Christmas!
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

There may be hope yet. JustinASU's Avatar
    Silently Slipping into the dark abyss of Insanity
    As long as we're posting Natalie Portman pictures...

http://dontlinkthis.net/forum/viewto...hlight=portman

Enjoy.
    Credulous at best
    Your desire to believe in
    Angels in the hearts of men.
    But pull your head on out of your hippie haze
    And give a listen
    Shouldn't have to say it all again

Quote Originally Posted by JustinASU View Post

Enjoy.

Glorious!!

Solid pressing. How's the blueberry and mint chocolate chip Muscle Milk? I've only ever had the Vanilla, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chocolate.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinStarke View Post
    Great pressing man, once your through the cut everything will shoot back up.
    Thanks Kevin. I'm sure you're right, but given the nature of a weightlifter I always want to be pushing myself beyond where I've been. I have to get where I've been first, which is equally as frustrating. But I will...once I get to about 10%, I'll cleanly bulk and do a nice PL routine and bring my numbers up. I've never done anything PL related and I've got to some decent numbers in the past, so I bet it'll be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by ectx View Post
    Given how horrible you told me this workout was, I'm thoroughly dissapointed. I fully expected to come in here and insult you, instead I find continuous progress. The other common thread is that you still whine a lot. Now stfu and enjoy the fact that you're making progress. Merry Christmas!
    Feliz Navidad, mother****er.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinASU View Post

Enjoy.
    I love her. Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkeez View Post
    Glorious!!
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    Solid pressing. How's the blueberry and mint chocolate chip Muscle Milk? I've only ever had the Vanilla, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chocolate.
    Both are awesome choices. I've had Cookies n' Cream, Mocha Joe, Chocomint, Blueberry, Peach Mango, PB Chocolate, and Rocky Road. So far, my least favorite were PB Chocolate and Rocky Road, but I think I've just grown tired of the PB Chocolate.

I'm ordering some more Mocha Joe and giving Chocolate Banana Crunch a try. How are the plain vanilla and chocolate flavors?

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Hey, not a bad workout, especially given your disclaimers about a possibly deadly ear infection and the somalian diet. Instead of the curls I would have jumped on a pullup bar for a set, though.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

solid work gal
    2000 or bust

Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
    Hey, not a bad workout, especially given your disclaimers about a possibly deadly ear infection and the somalian diet. Instead of the curls I would have jumped on a pullup bar for a set, though.
    Thanks. Pullups? ****, there was no way I was prepared for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp View Post
    solid work gal
    Thanks stumpy.

Vanilla and Chocolate are both very good, though I like chocolate a bit more.

December 23, 2006 - A little cold won't stop me
    I wanted to workout yesterday, but we had a manager's meeting called at the last minute so I didn't. When I came home I felt so ****ty that I went right to sleep. Slept for 3 hours, then got up and ****ed around on the computer a bit more. I read a lot of new studies on fasting and fed states and came up with a few ideas I may try at some point. For now, I think I may move toward more of a carb cycle, eventhough I'm not quite 15%, I've always had tremendous success on one.

Diet and Supplementation
    I had a shake when I got up, then some post-workout WPI + dextrose. Then I had some beef jerky and followed it with some turkey burgers. I'll end the night with some cottage cheese and yogurt, I believe.

Animal Pak, 200mg caffeine + 2g l-tyrosine + 2g taurine (pre-workout), 6g high-potency fish oil, SesaGlow (3), and ETS told me to kill you in your sleep.

I think the SesaGlow is making my body temperature rise because about 10 minutes after I took it I'm hot as ****.

Workout
    I am still fairly sick, so this wasn't the most comfortable workout ever, but I did increase my weights enough to be satisfactory. I was so beat by the end, I have no idea why I did the cycle intervals.

squats: 45x10 (done overhead), 95x5, 135x5, 185x3, 205x5, 205x5
    Upped it by 5 this time. The overhead squats sucked, because the cage was too short. The first set of 205 sucked, but the second felt strong. So, I guess I didn't warm up enough.

Good Mornings: 140x5, 150x5, 150x5
    Jumped these up a bit this week and they were still simple. I am going to start video taping these so I can follow my form.

Hang Cleans: 45x12, 95x5
    Just decided to give it a shot. The sets were pretty solid, but I was exhausted.

Seated Calf Raise: 90x5, 140x6
    Why did I stop after one set? I was out of it I guess.

Cycle Intervals: warmup -> 15s/30s x 3
    Oh wow, my endurance blows.

Soundtrack: 30 Seconds to Mars - A Beautiful Lie, Circa Survive - Juturna
    "Look how high I'm jumping from, you'll never make it."

Palaver
    I was in line at the grocery store today and I was glancing at the magazines that litter the aisles on either side of the registers. One particular headline caught my eye as I was stared in the face by the gaze of a little boy with a brown emo haircut that was depicted on the cover. "Nicole Richie's Secret Drug Problems" read the tabloid, with pride to be the first to reveal such a clandestine fact. So now, the 3 people who didn't know that the ex-fatty who now rocks the body of a 75 year old man who just so happens to hang around with Paris Hilton had a mother****ing coke problem are standing in a Wal*Mart somewhere in middle-America with the Desitin and Depends they were previously holding scattered at their feet. I'm so ****ing sick of seeing the following five ****ing names NICOLE RICHIE, PARIS HILTON, BRAD PITT, ANGELINA JOLIE, and JENNIFER ANISTON. It just so happens that those names are an anagram for "Neat, necrophilic jailbat hero deploring initials; fine in torn jeans." Coincidence? I think the **** not.
    Last edited by galileo; 12-23-2006 at 06:57 PM.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galileo View Post
    squats: 45x10 (done overhead),
    Upped it by 5 this time. The overhead squats sucked, because the cage was too short.
    Illustration: BANG! BANG! BANG BANG! ...... BANG!
    Last edited by TwiloMike; 12-23-2006 at 06:59 PM.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

That palaver brought a tear to my eye...i <3 HAET!
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Bespoke Super Mod
    Animal Pak, 200mg caffeine + 2g l-tyrosine + 2g taurine (pre-workout), 6g high-potency fish oil, SesaGlow (3), and ETS told me to kill you in your sleep.

Bring it on Xian!

Palaver
    I was in line at the grocery store today and I was glancing at the magazines that litter the aisles on either side of the registers. One particular headline caught my eye as I was stared in the face by the gaze of a little boy with a brown emo haircut that was depicted on the cover. "Nicole Richie's Secret Drug Problems" read the tabloid, with pride to be the first to reveal such a clandestine fact. So now, the 3 people who didn't know that the ex-fatty who now rocks the body of a 75 year old man who just so happens to hang around with Paris Hilton had a mother****ing coke problem are standing in a Wal*Mart somewhere in middle-America with the Desitin and Depends they were previously holding scattered at their feet. I'm so ****ing sick of seeing the following five ****ing names NICOLE RICHIE, PARIS HILTON, BRAD PITT, ANGELINA JOLIE, and JENNIFER ANISTON. It just so happens that those names are an anagram for "Neat, necrophilic jailbat hero deploring initials; fine in torn jeans." Coincidence? I think the **** not.
    Do you actually care about such a concept which is so farcical and banal?!
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

Nice squatting and GMs man.

nice lifting
    2000 or bust

Eh, hurry up and ditch your beaver so we can hear some good stories.

Squats, goodmornings, and hang cleans.. looks good to me man strong workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Bring it on Xian!

Do you actually care about such a concept which is so farcical and banal?!
    Wow, it's nice to see you around Franco. It's been ages! I hope everything's going well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    Nice squatting and GMs man.
    Thanks Chubby.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp View Post
    nice lifting
    Same to you, stumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkeez View Post
    Eh, hurry up and ditch your beaver so we can hear some good stories.
    Ha! I can't...especially when I can CAB.

Squats, goodmornings, and hang cleans.. looks good to me man strong workout.
    Thanks Kev, I'm just happy to be getting some solid work in.

December 26, 2006 - Happy Holiday goodness
    All in all an uneventful holiday. I can't say I've had one of those in a long time. The girlfriend and I exchanged presents on Christmas Eve and she was thrilled with everything I got her (Thanks to Russow and Rene, my two "may as well be homo" friends). I ended up giving her a creme brulee torch and recipe book, some ramekins, an iPod shuffle (pre-loaded with songs that would remind her of me), 3 DVD sets, and a Tiffany's necklace. She got me some Nautica Gloves, 5 bags of coffee, Starbucks ceramic mugs, a ceramic decorative bowl for the house, some cashmere scarves, and a Movado watch. I love this ****ing watch! Hell, everything she got me was great. The next morning we moved on to her parents' house, where we exchanged some gifts. I got her mom a crystal hermit crab (she collects the ****) and her dad 3 Chinese movies (shut the **** up). Her parents gave me $200. I certainly wasn't expecting that. I guess when you're rich like they are, you can afford it, ha. For dinner they made prime rib, shrimp, scallops, sweet potatoes, broccoli, corn, and stuffing. I ate like it was my job and loaded up on some sesamin to hopefully fix the damage (Note: Weighed in this morning at a cool 190). Had a little cheesecake for dessert then we moved on to my parents' house. We'd already decided not to do Christmas this year because everyone was overextended due to the goings-on this year, but they got me a few little things and we went out to eat. I had some cheese sticks, because I frankly couldn't eat any more. Went back to their place and talked for a bit, then drove home. All in all pretty great.

Diet and Supplementation
    I haven't eaten very much yet today, but I'm sure yesterday took care of that. Some protein and a little dextrose. I'll pack in a little more later.

Animal Pak, 200mg caffeine + 2g l-tyrosine + 3g taurine (pre-workout), 6g high-potency fish oil, SesaGlow (3x) and ETS wondered if nucleation could explain why alka-seltzer kills seagulls.

Workout
    Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Indeed.

DB Snatch (r:l): 35x3:3, 50x3:3, 70x1:1, 75x1:1, 80x1:0
    I was going to try the left side again on the 80s, but I opted not to risk it. My form is improving, so I don't see any problem in moving these up again next time. I could've probably done more than 1 on the right side, but I don't want to promote an imbalance.

HS Jammer: 45x8:8, 70x5:5, 80x5:5 (+10)
    This is what it looks like. I'm, using it to do shoulder/tricep jammers, which emulate a jab motion. I like these a lot.

Standing DB Press: 40x5:5
    My shoulders were crushed at this point, so these weren't happening. After all of the other motions, there was really no point.

DB Shrugs: 95x8:8, 100x8:8
    The max dumbbells in the gym are 100s, which sucks for me. I'll have to dick around with the barbell next time. My grip strength was much higher this time!

Hang Clean and Press: 45x8, 95x5, 115x5
    These were great. I know I did hang cleans last time, but I thought a nice hang clean and press would be something good to try. My traps and shoulders are fried. If I'd done these closer to the beginning of the workout, I would've been able to work up to 135, I think. But seeing as my standing db presses were even hard (40s...pssh), then this was just an exercise in form manipulation.

Muscle Up: 0
    See below.

So, I walk to the gym to get some water from the fountain and decide to walk over to what I assume to be the "ab area" where I always see people doing crunches. As I got closer, I noticed something...pullup bars? They had not only fixed, but swinging pullup bars! What else? Real dip bars, a heavy bag, balance boards, bands, swiss balls, medicine balls, sleds, and a number of other GPP items. I was so excited that I tried a muscle up on one of the fixed pullup bars. Not happening! I got up over the bar but couldn't get my arms in a favorable position to do the dip portion. I was fairly fried anyhow, but I now can add a lot of other crap to my workouts that I never had before. Why didn't anyone ****ing tell me about this ****?

Hope all you ****ers got what you wanted for Christmas. I feel great to be back in the gym again, so my Christmas was pretty good regardless.

Real strong workout man congrats on the PR's especially the db snatch PR. Did you wear one of your decorative scarves during your workout?

Nice work Christian...the "GPP" room sounds exciting, i'm jealous.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Real strong workout man congrats on the PR's especially the db snatch PR. Did you wear one of your decorative scarves during your workout?
    Hey, I'll warm my throat with a scarf and you can warm yours with Rob's cock.

Quote Originally Posted by Pup View Post
    Nice work Christian...the "GPP" room sounds exciting, i'm jealous.
    Hi Rob. Thanks!

Nice snatch.....ing.

You and your gf really went all out!

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

So what'd your gf get me?

Bespoke Super Mod
    Wow, it's nice to see you around Franco. It's been ages! I hope everything's going well for you.

I still read the forums virtually everyday, I just choose not to post amid the pre-pubescent kids that have flocked to the site. I really just move threads and ban people, it's very constructive lol!

It's good to see you back into the groove of things, especially back in training after the crap you went through.
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02