The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 232 of 252 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 6286
    Quote Originally Posted by galileo View Post
    Good thing I messaged you yesterday, else you'd never work out again.
    QFT. And there's still no guarantees.

For real. His kid is like 12 now!
    Don't rush it, going by fast enough.
    Last edited by JustinF; 09-22-2009 at 09:17 AM.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

For real. His kid is like 12 now!
    I heard the little one preacher curls 85 lbs!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I heard the little one preacher curls 85 lbs!
    She's up to 105 already.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Quote Originally Posted by JustinF View Post
    She's up to 105 already.
    Curl jockey........just like her poppa!

I feel bad doing a partial update, but time is restrictive.

- I tried to workout yesterday, forgot my ID and my shoes. Came home, did lunges and db squats. My legs are trashed.
    - Refeed was nice yesterday, crab, turkey burgers...all kinds o' goodness.
    - I am leaner. Goooood. 191.5 post-refeed this AM, which means I'll easily be 190 tomorrow morning. My ab pinch was sub-20, which was nice. I believe I'm in the 16.25 range, but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

It appears that I have about 7 weeks to hit my goals (or close). To get to 9.5% by 3-site, that'd be a loss of 2lbs/week. The first few weeks really jump-started my cut, but I certainly don't believe those losses can continue forever. 9.5% by 3-site is still not as lean as I'd like. I'll end up in the 12-13% range, true. A little rib visibility, but no abs. I'll trudge along. If I see 15% next week, I'll be happy.

Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k View Post
    Pics?
    At some point.

.09.23.2009. - Lethargy. Check. Apathy. Check.
    Yeah, it's been only two weeks but this diet isn't for the weak of heart. I really enjoy the refeeds, but I still harbor residual guilt every time I psuedo-binge when cutting. Then, when I'm low calories I want to eat human babies. Good thing I quit that preschool gig I had.

This morning my weight was about 192.5 and I felt a little intestinal bloat. Still around 16.25%, but we'll see what tomorrow brings. My supra pinch dropped more, which is a good indicator of progress. I still look like crap, but a better shade of crap than before.

The low carbs are definitely impacting my mood. I had a **** day at work and I wanted to start murdering people. At one point, my boss even asked what was wrong. It's hard to say, "Low calories makes me moody," particularly to a man who has diabetes.

.workout.
    I decided to cut back my workouts to 1 major/1 minor part per workout. I really don't believe I was fully recovered for my upperbody work today thanks to persistently low calories.
    The dips that I did last time were really the culprit in my estimation.

traction bands

incline db bench: warmup, 65x6, 6, 6
    Not terrible. Need to warmup more; the left shoulder was slightly tweaked.

cable crossover (30s rest): 60x10, 10, 10
    Meh, tired.

rope pulldown: 90x8, 8, 8
    Not too bad.

That's it. The volume is low, but I don't have the energy for high-volume workouts.

Woosh.

09.25.2009. - This month is going by ****ing fast.
    I can't believe how fast this month is cruising along. It's nice in some way, but I really want more time to cut before vacation.

This morning I woke up, weight was at 191.5 and my pinches ended up at around 15.75%. Down about 10lbs o' fat mass by caliper measurement. I know you've already lost interest because I"m not 5% yet, but I'm working on it. Still on track to hit around 10% by 3-site at the beginning of November. At that size, I'll look about 12-13%, which is good enough for a remote island beach.

I'm tired, but the refeed is pretty awesome. Made my turkey lasagna, which was a bit more dry than I'd like it to be. Next time, I'll add some more marinara sauce to try to juice it up a bit. I'm going to make something sweet here in a bit...perhaps some froyo or something.

.workout.
    I haven't missed a workout yet. That is amazing.

traction band fun

good mornings: barx12
    Just did these to get a feel. People always look at me like I'm doing squats wrong. **** them AND their opinion.

cable pull-throughs: 90x8, 8, 8
    These felt nice.

hamstring curls: 45x6, 80x6, 100x6, 6, 6
    Nice.

seated calf raise: 100x8, 8, 8
    Nothing too crazy.

Another weak, low-energy hamstring workout. Yesssss. I think I need a new weightlifting routine. Suggest one please.

LuNa
    Good work dude. This month is deffinitely going fast. I was surprised when i saw the first christmas decorations arise in the shops. Cant believe its almost holiday season again.

Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNalicious View Post
    Good work dude. This month is deffinitely going fast. I was surprised when i saw the first christmas decorations arise in the shops. Cant believe its almost holiday season again.

Keep it up!
    This whole year blew by with the amount of work I've had to do. I hope my entire life doesn't turn into this...

.quick update.
    I had to jump on to post this - I woke up this morning feeling fairly dry, so I did my measurements. 191.5, ab: 15, pec: 12 ,and quad 22. That's a 3-site of 14.8%. I have no idea how it got down here, but I will absolutely take it. For a sanity check, I measured my waist (umbilicus) and it was down from 37" to 36". To add to it all, my lower back wasn't stiff the slightest bit this morning. Is today teh magiks?
    Last edited by galileo; 09-26-2009 at 06:14 AM.

great job on the improved numbers Gal.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    great job on the improved numbers Gal.
    Thanks c0nn0r. I received a sudden burst of confidence with these numbers. I'm finally confident that I can get sub 10 numbers by November.

Thanks c0nn0r. I received a sudden burst of confidence with these numbers. I'm finally confident that I can get sub 10 numbers by November.
    I have no doubt you can.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

I was having a few friends over last night, so I opted for a normal, low-calorie day - pushing my PSMF to today. I under-did it by a lot. I had a light yogurt, bagel + 2 organic eggs, and two all beef hot dogs. That's about 1000 calories. 3 crown royals added 300 calories, making the day very painfully shy of food. I won't make that mistake again, I just assumed there were more calories in the foods I did eat I suppose.

Today was straight PSMF. So far, up to 165g of protein. One scoop of protein before bed should finish me out. Clothing is continuing to fit better and I'm where I should be to carry on to the end. Go me.

LuNa
    I was having a few friends over last night, so I opted for a normal, low-calorie day - pushing my PSMF to today. I under-did it by a lot. I had a light yogurt, bagel + 2 organic eggs, and two all beef hot dogs. That's about 1000 calories. 3 crown royals added 300 calories, making the day very painfully shy of food. I won't make that mistake again, I just assumed there were more calories in the foods I did eat I suppose.

Today was straight PSMF. So far, up to 165g of protein. One scoop of protein before bed should finish me out. Clothing is continuing to fit better and I'm where I should be to carry on to the end. Go me.
    Would you mind explaining more on how your current diet looks like. I remember you posting the outline of it a while back but i was just wondering how your days look like food wise. Basically i want to know how i can be leaner than you

Would you mind explaining more on how your current diet looks like. I remember you posting the outline of it a while back but i was just wondering how your days look like food wise. Basically i want to know how i can be leaner than you
    Go back a few posts where I reference rapid recomposition. It will help.

My "no workout" day is all protein. Nitrean, turkey, chicken, shrimp, raw fish.
    My "workout" day is all protein until my workout. Then, typically, low-sugar oatmeal, 25g whey/30g dextrose (during workout), then about 2000 calories of protein/carb based meals until bed.

.09.28.2009. - Weird day, awesome day.
    Today was weird and awesome. First, I woke up and my weight was down to 191. I'll take it! My caliper measurements were in the same range, but after a day of PSMF I never seem to drop...it's usually after the carb-up where I see some changes. Next, I've had actual energy all day long. Very odd given the last few days of poor caloric intake. I had a 2 scoop Nitrean shake for breakfast (with various pills) and then at about 1:30 I had some low-sugar oatmeal. It was delicious.

My Director let me out early today to go workout and get home. I put in some extra time this weekend, so now I get to chill. I may play drums for a bit next and then get my dinner.

For dinner tonight, my fiancee is making me a 9.6oz cut of filet mignon, a crab-stuffed portabella mushroom, asparagus, and a pumpkin roll. You know how ****ing exciting that is? I'm already up to about 210g of protein with this, so I can load up on some carbs and really nail this refeed.

Shirts are fitting better. I look human again. Yesssss.
    .workout.
    I had a lot of energy for the workout. Felt great. I didn't do anything spectacular, but I felt productive.

traction bands

neutral chinups: bw x5
    I was about 196 in clothes. Still not strong enough to do these by themselves.

pronated lat pulldowns: #6x3, #8x5, #10x6, 6, 6
    These felt good. A lot of recruitment on these sets.

neutral rows: warms, #11x6, 6, 6
    Another set that felt solid.

db shrugs: 65x5, 80x5, 90x8, 95x8, 8
    These were good. I had to wait too long between sets because there were 5 guys hanging out around the db rack.

Not too bad for a back day, all things considered. I am looking forward to some filet action.

Surf, turf, and earf.
    Last edited by galileo; 09-28-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Surf, turf, and earf.
    My journal

LuNa
    That looks amazing!

Thanks for the info on the diet, i reread that other post and it makes more sense now.

How's the pinches this morning?
    My journal

That looks amazing!

Thanks for the info on the diet, i reread that other post and it makes more sense now.
    Great. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinF View Post
    How's the pinches this morning?
    190lbs, pinches down another 0.5mm ab, maybe 1 pec.