The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 241 of 252 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 6286
    Mid-7's by 3-site and down in the 182 area. Boom.

This will be brief. Did a workout, including +20x5x3 for weighted chins, then some 12 rep quick rests. A few dips and I'm spent. Today's schedule was thrown off because I was putting my house on the market.

Leaner, still not lean enough. This is the toughest part of the diet...approaching a deadline and not feeling confident in the outcome. Oh well, I have been absolutely faithful to the regiment I put forth. That in itself is excellent.

Food hunt...

.04.23.2010. - Double Down
    I began my second day of PSMF in a row with some long, slow cardio. 53 minutes, averaging about 3.5 @ 6. The treadmill told me I burned 520 calories or so. I figure if I do these sessions 2-3x a week, it'll be worth an extra pound, pound n' a half by the time I get to Hawaii. If not, at least it builds up plenty of anger in my heart so I can go to work and scream at everyone for no reason.

Rockin' a bit of an outline on the upper two abs. I feel pretty good overall, but still I wish I had 1 more month. I bet if I was consistent through June, I could get myself to a solid state. I'm going to keep cutting through summer and see where it takes me. I find, while my energy levels aren't ideal, it's still quite managable if I keep with the EOD diet, utilizing the R/F/S switchup (PSMF/PSMF/Refeed) technique.

I didn't measure today, but if I had a guess, it would be that I'm about the same. I'll check it out tomorrow morning and see what's up. Until then, continue not reading this.

I read "double down" and thought you were talking about the new KFC Double Down. Such a tease. I'll quit reading now.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by WillKuenzel View Post
    I read "double down" and thought you were talking about the new KFC Double Down. Such a tease. I'll quit reading now.
    It was certainly a reference.

Mmmmmm,.

God damnit. So I got sucked in (invited myself) to going to San Diego to visit a friend. She's been asking and asking me to come out for a while now and figured 7/4/2010 would be swell in SD...sooo, thats what I am doing. Then it hit me...she's gonna wanna take me out to the beach. And I am sure by their standards I'll be considered a whale. I guess I may have to start putting forth effort in a legit diet like you've been doing if I want to shed a bit of fat before then.

Quote Originally Posted by borracho View Post
    God damnit. So I got sucked in (invited myself) to going to San Diego to visit a friend. She's been asking and asking me to come out for a while now and figured 7/4/2010 would be swell in SD...sooo, thats what I am doing. Then it hit me...she's gonna wanna take me out to the beach. And I am sure by their standards I'll be considered a whale. I guess I may have to start putting forth effort in a legit diet like you've been doing if I want to shed a bit of fat before then.

At least you're looking at July. That gives you 9 weeks to handle your bidness. I wish I had until July, I'd be rippped. 3 weeks to go, feeling like keeping my cardio up will be clutch.

04.26.2010. - Holy **** I'm exhausted.
    Had a good weekend, refed on Saturday then low carb'd it on Sunday with my big meal being steak and asparagus. My piss smelled like the raging sulfurs of hell today, but **** everyone else who had to smell it.

Today I weighed in 183 in the AM, but I had to duke it out about an hour later and I imagine it put me at about 181. Looking leaner, 3 solid weeks left.

Did upper focus chest, added some weight on stuff.

bench: warms, 185x5, 5, 5
    db rows: 95x8:8, 8:8
    dips (30seconds rest): +0x12, 12, 8...9...10 phew.

I am trashed after this workout. Doesn't seem like much, but when you're rocking as low cals as I am, everything feels like a victory and defeat rolled into one. I think I'm still on track to nail 200x5 before I go to Hawaii, which is a nice goal.

Post asparagus pee pee is horrendous. I'd eat that **** all the time if it didnt do that but the smell gets to me.

Nice chest day...it'll be interesting to see if you can make your bench goal by vacation time with your current calories...

Post asparagus pee pee is horrendous. I'd eat that **** all the time if it didnt do that but the smell gets to me.

Nice chest day...it'll be interesting to see if you can make your bench goal by vacation time with your current calories...
    Thanks man. Not 100% sure I'll get there, but it would be excellent.

04.27.2010. - You win this time, ice cream sammich
    I bought a pack of Skinny Cow ice cream sammiches for my refeed and decided to have one. Then I promptly decided to have two. This morning I paid for both decisions in the form of of uncontrollable ****ting.

I walked on the treadmill exactly 42 minutes @ 3.6 with some incline before my intestines decided to give out on me. I spent exactly 11 minutes picking the sweaty toilet seat cover off of my ass after the experience. Not a fun morning.

The good news was, I burned like 400 calories and I am likely about 15lbs lighter from the colon evacuation.

Tomorrow is hamstring or quad day, not sure. I'm going to limit myself to one ice cream sammich after, so I can finish my cardio on Thursday.

Still working out, dieting, doing cardio. Can fit into my 33" dress pants, which I could not last weekend. Big victory.

Tired as **** though. Selling the house, lots of work with this. May have an offer soon, so we're excited.

k...

We're in the same boat Gal. I have 4 weeks till I hit Mexico. Give it hell!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    We're in the same boat Gal. I have 4 weeks till I hit Mexico. Give it hell!
    Giving.

Leaner and about 180 now. Got my Adonis belt rockin a bit now, so I am getting closer to my goals. Did weights n' stuff.

weighted chins: +30x5, 5, 5
    weighted dips: +30x8, 8, 8
    one-arm cable rows (30s rest): 150x10:10, 10:10

Tired, doing a small refeed tonight, just to assist recovery. Tomorrow morning, cardio.

10 more days until Hawaii...

Weights going up on the chins and dips, no? Looks good dude. What islands are you hitting up?

Did lunges, leg press, one legged leg extensions, and some calf raises today. Twas fun.

Still hovering between 180-181. My waist @ umbilicus dropped down to 33.5"...yessssss. I believe my wist @ pantline was 35.5, but I'll have to check again tomorrow. All that matters is that I have some semblance of abs and can wear all of my 33" pants comfortably. Oh, if I had another month or so...

But I ****ing don't, I have 8 days. Eight whole days, then Hawaii. Wooooooooooooooo.

Weights going up on the chins and dips, no? Looks good dude. What islands are you hitting up?
    Oahu (Waikiki) then some Maui action.

How's the new car?
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    How's the new car?
    I love it. Exactly what I was looking for in a vehicle. The only thing that I could complain about is that the stock tires suck and I really need to put some good summer/rain ones on, but it's too much of an expense right now to bother.

This morning 179.5 and my waist @ paintline was actually 35.25". Still bloated from last night, but looking better.

Funny you should say that...

05.08.2010. - Upper Body focus Chest
    Today I had a great upper body day, all things considered. Low cals, low energy, good progress.

bench: 135x8, 165x3, 185x3, 195x5, 195x5, 200x5
    I went for it and it wasn't bad. I think I could've got 200x5x3 if I wanted, but I didn't know whether I could push it or not. But, my short-term 200x5 goal has been officially hit.

towel chins: x8, 8
    I saw this setup here (heard my boss mention it) and thought it was worth a try. My grip held out fairly well through 2 sets, but I can see how these could get very tough. Here's a pix: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5148684/x2_149211a.jpg

cable crossovers (30s rest): 60x12, 12, 11
    I couldn't remember what weight was right, so I just picked something in the lower-middle and did them. The last set was hard given the short rest, so...success.

I am enjoying working out again. I damn near had a fist-pumping moment to get back into the 200s for bench again. It feels good to hit a few goals. I went from a person who looked like he'd never worked out 2 months ago to someone who looks like he eats a few salads a week and owns a Nordic-Trac. Yesss.
    Last edited by galileo; 05-08-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Two more days until I'm on a plane heading to the islands.

Are you CUT, JACKT & TANNED UP?
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Hey tomv. I am anything but tanned, that's for sure. When I get back from Hawaii I should be either tanned or completely plagued by skin cancer. It's a toss up.

This morning I was 176.5, waist up top down to 33 flat, down load 35 flat. My pinches are coming in at the mid-6s, but by mirror I'm looking 11% (losing ample VAT over the last 3-4 weeks). Definitely stronger, leaner, and feeling far better than when I started this. I have to say though, it feels like way longer than two months, but I am very happy with my progress over this time. I know for sure another month or so would really get me lean. At this point, I can fully see my ribs with my arms down and the top two abs are outlined well.

In Hawaii I'm going to try to maintain a lot of activity doing hikes, bike rides, surfing, and a lot of walking around. With any luck I won't lose progress as much as just halt for the time I'm there. Lots of sushi out there, so that'll be my food focus. Almost there.