Page 242 of 252 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244 ... LastLast
Results 6,026 to 6,050 of 6286

Thread: Galileo Figaro Magnifico!

Quote Originally Posted by galileo View Post
    I went from a person who looked like he'd never worked out 2 months ago to someone who looks like he eats a few salads a week and owns a Nordic-Trac. Yesss.
    You've managed to obtain the illusive Mens Health physique?

Congrats on hitting the bench goal...thats gotta be tough given the calories you're consuming...or, not consuming as it is.

Enjoy the vacation bud

So tired. So very, very tired.

181, so I'm up a few lbs. A lot of water gain without ephedrine and so on. Working to get back on track, but I really didn't overdo it when I was there.

Tomorrow gym, if I can wake up before 1pm. 0 for 2 on that one since my return.

179 woo.

I did teh weights! Same as last time, basically.

weighted chins: +30x5, 5, 5
    weighted dips: +30x8, 8
    towel chins: +0x6, 6

Been a bit; very very hard to get over jet lag. I slept about 4 hrs last night. Overall, decent workout. Didn't lose much strength, should be back on track before long.

More weights.

Some leg press, not too excited.
    Did one-legged leg extensions with like 45 with no rest between, 4 sets of 10 each leg.
    Also, 120x10 calf-raises with 2-3s rest at the bottom. A few sets.

Back on track, feeling a lil tired still, not yet sleeping through the night solidly. Still about 179, will likely hit back down to the 176.5 range this week as I was. I'll likely cruise down to 170 by the end o' June if my pace is maintained.

How was your trip?
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

The trip was amazing. Maui is ****ing beautiful and the weather couldn't have been better.

I'm 177.5, worked out today and the highlight was my working sets of dips @ +50x5 (230 total clothed). It's been a while since I've done that, so it felt pretty good to get a few sets with 50.

I'm finally sleeping through the night. I was a bit tired today, but it was over-caffination. Still getting back into the swing of things with regards to the gym. I am definitely not feeling as good as right before I left, but getting adjusted to the diet again will play a big part.

Nice job on the dips dude...+50 is pretty hefty..especially on a deficit. Stay with it man.

Quote Originally Posted by borracho View Post
    Nice job on the dips dude...+50 is pretty hefty..especially on a deficit. Stay with it man.
    Thanks borracho. Dips were always a strong exercise for me, so I am hoping I can continue up into the +100 range again, perhaps by the end of the year if I try a recomp upward.

I did some ham work today, some Strive Ham Curls, SLDL, and some db shrugs. Nothing too special, but I got in there and did some work so I'm happy.

Did 56 mins on the treadmill @ an incline yesterday. It said 520 cals, so cool. Going to head down and do an upperbody day in a bit. Fun.

06.12.2010. - ugh
    Today's fun workout, brought to you by epehdrine hcl and nausea.

I jumped the chins and dips up by 5, but it was a struggle. No carbs for 2 days and this morning only a little sugar in the form of hazelnut creamer. This was entirely my mistake and frankly I feel stupid for not having at least some oatmeal when I got up. By the time I was through one set of dips, I was feeling dizzy. The cable rows almost made me puke. On the bright side, I increased my weights despite all of that.

weighted chins: +35x5, 5, 5
    weighted dips: +35x8, 8
    one-arm cable rows (30-60s rest): 150x10:10, 10:10

I think I was 177 last night; didn't check it today but I imagine I'm about there. I am awaiting the woosh.

I need more protein. I don't think I'm getting quite enough because protein powder just kills my stomach these days. I might pick up a box of lactaid tablets to see if that helps.

I did a leg day, it was mediocre. DB lunges with 65s (meh), leg extensions, and some calf raises. I worked like 15 hours yesterday so I am totally spent today. Whatever. I think I'm getting leaner, it just hasn't been as quick as pre-vacation. Thought the couple of weeks off would help, but it didn't...so now I need to get back into the swing of it. Stress, perhaps.

06.q7.2010. - Upper Body focus Chest
    I'm in desperate need of a woosh, finding it hard to maintain motivation with the lack of noticeable changes. Not sure how, but my waist measurement is higher than it was @ this weight a few weeks back. Not liking that.

bench: 135x8, 155x3, 170x2, 185x2, 200x4...195x5, 5
    I felt pretty low energy tonight and didn't have a spotter, so there you have it. It's been a month since I've benched, so I won't whine too much. This schedule makes it odd as far as progress goes.

db row: 95x6:6, 6:6
    These were all right.

cable crossovers (30s rest): 50x12, 12, 12, 12
    Again I couldn't remember, but I picked the wrong weight. ****.

I might switch it up a bit. Definitely need more protein, maybe I'll do a lower carb, but not the routine I am on now, for about a month to see how it goes. Suggestions?

I wannabebig!
    UD2 love ftw

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage View Post
    UD2 love ftw
    Very, very tempting. My joints hate you for the suggestion, however.

I wannabebig!
    what are you talking about... all the light weight should be EASIER on your joints.

though your muscles might burn.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage View Post
    what are you talking about... all the light weight should be EASIER on your joints.

though your muscles might burn.
    It's all of the machine work I end up doing coupled with the volume for the week. I can usually handle 6 weeks before I snap, so perhaps that's a way to get me to August...

I wannabebig!
    you're exactly 6 weeks out from august today, better get crackin

I am considering it and if so, I'd start Monday. Need to re-read my copy and figure out if it will break my life.

LuNa
    Nice work and all Gal, good to see you are up to some consistency. Great to see you are still at it.

.06.20.2010. - Day Zero of 56
    Tomorrow begins the magick of The Ultimate Diet 2.0 (UD2). Are you as mother****ing excited as I am? I am going to shoot for eight weeks of this ****, but if I lose my mind mid-way through you can understand why. I've had a lot of success on this diet in the past and it's a good way to tighten things up and make sure I'm keeping to a routine. I think my issue as of late has just been not enough protein.

.diet.
    My general diet will look something like this.

8oz turkey, 1 low carb tortillas, 2g fish oil (daily one cap, 400iu vitamin e)
    4.5oz tuna, 1 apple, 2g fish oil (1g vitamin c)
    8oz cochee, 4oz strawberries or blueberries, 2g fish oil
    10oz chicken, 2g fish oil (400iu vitamin e)
    Totals: 1252kcal, 25.6g fat, 67.9g carbs[18.2g fiber], 206g protein

I will swap things around a bit, but keep to this general macro setup.

.workout.
    I've not decided if I am going to do the upper/lower depletion split or 2 full body days. I'm trying to scan through my past records to see what was more comfortable at the time.

Based on how I feel, I'll definitely be doing at least 1 day of cardio a week. I want to maximize my time on this routine, so there's no point in me not giving it 100%.

.06.21.2010. - Day 1 of 56
    Good ****ing lawd today sucked my veiny pulsating cock. I felt completely out of focus and off-center since I awoke and things didn't improve. My fiancee didn't even bother to call to say hello, since she's apparently still mad at me for buying sour cream that expires in a week. Yeah, you heard me right. Don't bother rummaging around to find cotton swabs or peroxide; your hearing is pristine. I'm sure what she's really mad about is something she wouldn't dare say aloud, so sour cream it is for today.

I ate a bit today and did my first official day of UD2 depletion. I didn't quite remember how bad it sucked until I sat in my car for 15 minutes waiting for the blood to leave my upper arms in an amount that would facilitate the function required of turning the god damned steering wheel. I drove maybe 5 more minutes before the uncontrollable urge to puke overcame me. The thoughts that tip-toed through my head, as to not trigger an unwanted reaction, over the next 10 went something like this...Please don't puke. Please don't puke. Please don't puke. > I am 99% certain that I will puke soon, I hope I make it home. > No chance of making it home, where is the best place to pull off? > I don't see any cops, I bet I can make this turn at 80 > Almost there...can taste the bile... > Where's the puke go? As I pulled into my garage, my stomach finally settled and agreed not to expel the sparse contents that remained inside. I went into the house, still breathing heavily, then landed on the couch where my body decided a nap was in order, whether I liked it or not.

I'm still not feeling well enough to eat, but I need to shove 8oz of cottage cheese down my throat before 9pm, so I can eat my chicken before bed. It's hard to imagine needing to force myself to eat on this diet, but I guess that's how today went.

.diet.
    Going to hit this diet with precision. Had an albacore tuna pouch instead of a regular one, so that was 0.5oz less meat. Still around 200g, so I'm good.

8oz turkey, 1 low carb tortillas, 2g fish oil (daily one cap, 400iu vitamin e)
    4oz tuna, 1 apple, 2g fish oil (1g vitamin c)
    8oz cochee, 4oz blueberries, 2g fish oil
    10oz chicken, 2g fish oil (400iu vitamin e)
    Totals: 1200kcal, 25g fat, 68g carbs[17g fiber], 198g protein

Eating an apple was an odd, foreign experience. Delicious however.

.workout.
    There is no way in hell I would ever attempt to do all of the same part's depletion on the same day. Noooo way. I couldn't move my arms after 50% of that across a single day, I can imagine trying that ****. I started off feeling like this was pretty easy, no big deal. I ended up feeling like an idiot driving 90 on back roads to try to get home quick enough to puke. Unreal.

All (but lateral raise) were done on Cybex machines of varied age and type. (+) means increase next time.

leg press: 120x15, 15, 15
    calf raise: 120x15, 15, 15
    leg curl: 6.5px15, 15, 15 (+)
    leg extension: 6.5px15, 15, 15 (+)
    neutral row: 7px15, 15, 15 (+)
    chest press: 8p15, 15, 15 (+)
    lateral raise: 12x15, 15
    cable curls: 55x15, 15
    rope pulldown: 100x15, 90x15

That's it. 24 sets, no warmups, in about 45 minutes. I will definitely be resting more tomorrow. Until then, **** off.
    Last edited by galileo; 06-21-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Awesome work buddy...and very good job of thoroughly describing the car ride home...I was immediately sucked in to the story against my will... like those stupid infomercials for that rotating hand-chopper.

I'm so glad I'm me and you're you.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

LuNa
    UD2.0 eh... I read the book and then decided i rather stay fat than do that . Good luck with it Gal, im sure someone with your dieting experience will be able to get some great results. Its good reading your journal again.