Page 243 of 252 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 6286

Thread: Galileo Figaro Magnifico!

.06.22.2010. - Day 2 of 56
    Great news! I didn't puke today. I feel so accomplished. I looked back over my previous attempts at UD2 and it seems that I puked on the first day almost every time for one reason or another. Sort of proud that I held it back so well yesterday. Today, not even an urge despite the increase in weights.

There was a moment last night when I was getting into the shower, barely able to hurdle the edge of the tub, thinking to myself, "I am going to be 31 god damned years old in two months. Why the hell am I doing this to myself?" I placed my head firmly against the back wall, yielding eagerly to the protest of my quads. I felt every single water drop that punished my miserable back and legs during the time I spent convincing myself that the quicker I finished washing, the quicker I'd be back on the couch. But after that, cam an odd sense of elation, calm, and satisfaction that I did not experience at all over the last few months of dieting. The small amount of additional calories and carbs have gone a very long way in enhancing my verve and I'm hoping that it carries on this way for a while. Who thought that 1200 calories would feel "good?"

Today, work absolutely blew. The only positive is that my office furniture is finally in and I can get in there and get some privacy and quiet soon. I'm going to remote here in a minute and finish up work that needs done by 9am tomorrow. Seriously, some ****ing days...

.diet.
    Same deal.

8oz turkey, 1 low carb tortillas, 2g fish oil (daily one cap, 400iu vitamin e)
    4.5oz tuna, 1 apple, 2g fish oil (1g vitamin c)
    8oz cochee, 4oz blueberries, 2g fish oil
    10oz chicken, 2g fish oil (400iu vitamin e)
    Totals: 1250kcal, 25g fat, 68g carbs[17g fiber], 206g protein

Loving this.

.workout.
    El successo mucho grande. The hardest part of the workout was getting the douchebags away from the machines long enough for me to do my sets. Not to mention, I broke the cable tower before my last set, because some assho1e stole my side. Need to up the (+) exercises again next time.

leg press: 120x15, 15, 15 (+)
    calf raise: 120x15, 15, 15 (+)
    leg curl: 7px15, 15, 15 (+)
    leg extension: 7px15, 15, 15
    neutral row: 8px15, 15, 15 (+)
    chest press: 8.5p15, 15, 15
    lateral raise: 10x15, 15
    cable curls: 55x15, 15
    rope pulldown: 90x15, 15

Overall, about 50 minutes to do all of the sets. Felt pretty good, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by borracho View Post
    Awesome work buddy...and very good job of thoroughly describing the car ride home...I was immediately sucked in to the story against my will... like those stupid infomercials for that rotating hand-chopper.
    Thanks man. I hate those ****ing commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd View Post
    I'm so glad I'm me and you're you.
    You know what? Me too bud.

Quote Originally Posted by RvNijnatten View Post
    UD2.0 eh... I read the book and then decided i rather stay fat than do that . Good luck with it Gal, im sure someone with your dieting experience will be able to get some great results. Its good reading your journal again.
    The book is a bit intimidating, but if you want to test your own mettle, this is definitely the way to do it. Glad to see you around again.

**** meng, 1200 calories? + 50 to willpower right dere.

In all seriousness, good to hear that you didn't puke and that you're feeling better on the "upped calories".
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Quote Originally Posted by tomv View Post
    **** meng, 1200 calories? + 50 to willpower right dere.

In all seriousness, good to hear that you didn't puke and that you're feeling better on the "upped calories".
    Thanks tom. This diet is a bit intense, but I react very favorably to ephedrine and caffeine as far as appetite suppression is concerned. The hard part of the routine for me are the high volume workouts. 360 reps in 45 minutes is a far cry from the typical < 70 I do.

Tomorrow is the tension workout. I might preface it with some morning cardio - no guarantees. Then, 400g of carbs tomorrow night, then another 800-900 on Friday. Loving UD2.

Worked out, carbed up, and now I'm exhausted. Will post the details tomorrow, but for tonight I'm useless.

LuNa
    I want a detailed description of what you ate. My last fat-ass day is coming up and i need ideas .

Good work on the Diet Gal, keep it up!

.06.24.2010. - Day 4 of 56
    This is from Thursday. Been very busy and run down, so I didn't get a chance to post.

.diet.
    Noms.

8oz cochee, 4oz strawberries, 2g fish oil
    20oz gatorade, 25g WPI
    175g dextrose, 70g WPI
    2 whole wheat pita pizzas
    Totals: 2370kcal, 21g fat, 326g carbs[21g fiber], 233g protein

.workout.
    Update: Found my paper. All is well

leg curl: 9px12, 12, 12 (+)
    leg extension: 9px12, 12, 12
    calf raise: 150x12, 12
    neutral row: 10.5px12, 12
    chest press: 11p12, 12
    lat pulldown: 108x12, 12
    chest fly: 105x12
    lateral raise: 15x12, 12
    cable curls: 80x10, 10
    rope pulldown: 120x12, 12

Yay for food time.
    Last edited by galileo; 06-27-2010 at 03:54 PM.

I want a detailed description of what you ate. My last fat-ass day is coming up and i need ideas .

Good work on the Diet Gal, keep it up!
    Sorry buddy, Thursday was a bit off. I'll make sure next Thursday is a bit more accurate.

.06.24.2010. - Day 6 of 56
    Sorry to abbreviate this, but the last few days have sucked. Nothing related to UD2, just general stuff. I am definitely leaner, and look better already. No complaints. May even post up some before/afters in a few weeks of my progress thus far...

.diet.
    My Saturday is a typical bodybuilding-esque diet. Roughly 2000 calories, 15% fat, 40% carbs, 45% protein, 100% awesome.

3 jumbo eggs, 3 slices whole grain oatmeal bread, 20oz milk
    20oz gatorade
    70g dextrose, 70g WPI
    10oz chicken, 1lb fresh green beans
    Totals: 2000kcal, 33g fat, 210g carbs[20g fiber], 190g protein

.workout.
    This workout took forever.

bench press: 145x5, 165x3, 185x3, 205x5, 4, 5
    I hit the rack on the 2nd set of 205, making it impossible to get the last rep.

bb rows: 155x6, 6, 6
    I suck at these.

weighted dips: +45x6, +65x6, +65x6
    45lb plate makes the nuts hide.

db rows: 956:6, 6:6, 6:6
    Yay.

seated calf raise: ..., 140x5, 5
    The seated part makes them fun.

seated leg curls: ..., 14px6, 6, 6
    ezpz.

leg extensions: ..., 14px6, 6, 6
    Felt nice.

Adding weight on the bench made me happy, particularly since I've not been benching much. My chest has always been the worst overall part of my physique, so any gains I can get there would help.

I did a few random things, some shoulder pressing, some wrist-roller. Nothing notable. Monday will come fast...
    Last edited by galileo; 06-27-2010 at 03:49 PM.

Nice job on the increase for bench..also looks like the dips went up again?..or perhaps my memory is failing..either way nice workout bud.

Nice job on the increase for bench..also looks like the dips went up again?..or perhaps my memory is failing..either way nice workout bud.
    Thanks borracho. I wish I could lie and say that the 205 came easy; it was a struggle through every set. The dips were up by 15lbs from the last time. I was just nursing the weight upward before, I could handle more the whole time. Since I'm cutting, I said the hell with it and just added what I thought was right. After a heavy set of bench, +65 seemed pretty good.

Tomorrow, back to the grind...

.06.28.2010. - Day 8 of 56
    Must every Monday blow this bad? Another rough weekend (work, life, etc.) and a severe lack of sleep last night, culminating in a morning headache that was insurmountable. The day dragged on and on and I couldn't get **** done because people were in my office the entire ****ing day. The only good thing about the weekend was that my diet was spot on for sure. That's a good feeling.

By the time I got the gym, I could have only been less motivated to workout had a large, gristly horse phallus been mounted on the cable curl bar so that I was forced to gag on it at the apex of each repetition. There were a series of douchebags occupying both my machines and the narrow channel that runs between them. The workout took forgoddamnedever.

Happy to be home, but only because it means the day will end soon and I can retreat to my nightmares, which couldn't possibly be as trying as what I'm dealing with while awake.

.diet.
    More diet mastery today, feeling fine about that. No real hunger with the ephedrine and caffeine rocking.

4.5oz tuna, 1 apple, 2g fish oil (1g vitamin c)
    8oz cochee, 4oz blueberries, 2g fish oil
    9oz chicken, 2g fish oil (400iu vitamin e)
    Totals: 1171kcal, 25g fat, 60g carbs[17g fiber], 196g protein

.workout.
    Hurrrrr deeeeeeee durrrrrrrrrrr. Workout from hell.

All (but lateral raise) were done on Cybex machines of varied age and type. (+) means increase next time.
    leg press: 140x15, 15, 15
    calf raise: 140x15, 15, 15
    leg curl: 7.5px15, 15, 15
    leg extension: 7.5px15, 15, 15
    neutral row: 8.5px15, 15, 15
    chest press: 8.5p15, 15, 15
    lateral raise: 10x15, 15
    rope pulldown: 95x15, 95x15

I didn't puke, so I had that going for me. Definitely felt miserable for the last half of it.

Ah well mate. **** happens. If you're really that unhappy in your current life position, why not look towards changing it?

As far as your day in the gym, just stare at their crotches while drooling next time. They'll either move along or ask for your number. Either way, you win?
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Ah well mate. **** happens. If you're really that unhappy in your current life position, why not look towards changing it?
    I am doing so. Doesn't mean I can't bitch about it in the mean time.

As far as your day in the gym, just stare at their crotches while drooling next time. They'll either move along or ask for your number. Either way, you win?
    Touche.

Wait...I think I spelled douche wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by galileo View Post
    By the time I got the gym, I could have only been less motivated to workout had a large, gristly horse phallus been mounted on the cable curl bar so that I was forced to gag on it at the apex of each repetition.
    I am not even going to read the workout cause my assumption is that the quote above overshadows it....

but, I will still blindly say "great job, gal!".

I am not even going to read the workout cause my assumption is that the quote above overshadows it....

but, I will still blindly say "great job, gal!".
    Probably for the best.

...and thanks!!

Picture yesterday, except today. That's today's update.

At least you don't have AIDS?
    My Journal

LuNa
    No progress then?

At least you don't have AIDS?
    Never assume.

No progress then?
    Basically.

.07.01.2010. - Day 11 of 56 : AM edition
    I went to the gym in the morning and did 52 minutes of cardio, averaging around 3.65mph @ 6 burning an estimated 500 calories. It was gloriously miserable.

After a horrible shower with the complimentary "soap and shampoo hybrid' that they provide, I got dressed and headed to work. I was listening to the radio a bit and as usual there was nothing particularly interesting being played. Out of nowhere I noticed the that I had managed to form what could only be described as priapism. There was no visual or aural stimulation anywhere to be found, yet somehow I managed to don a raging erection for the next 5 minutes. I have no conclusions to draw from this, except a fringe case where my body thought it was time to wake up so it greeted me with a morning wood.
    .OCD.
    All right, so I did some calculatin' to see what, in theory, I should be losing/gaining on this diet.

Estimated BMR: 15 * bw = 2640 kcal
    15 accounts for new, higher volume workouts
    Weekly BMR: 18480 kcal

First 3.5 Days
    Core Daily Deficit: 1440
    Cardio-Induced Deficit: 500

Total 3.5 Day Deficit: 5540 (9240 - 4200 + 500) or 1.35lbs

Second 3.5 Days
    Calorie Intake: 9000 kcal (5000, 2000, 2000)
    Core Daily Deficit: 70 kcal
    Total 3.5 Day Deficit: 240kcal

In other words: 18480 + 500 - (1200 * 3.5) - 5000 - (2000 * 2) = 5780 (1.4 @ 4086/lb)

This feels pretty spot on with where I am right now. A few more weeks and we'll see where to adjust.

.workout. - pm
    Sorry for this lackluster account, I was just in a surpeme hurry the last few days.

leg press: 150x12, 12
    calf raise: 150x12, 12
    leg curl: 9.5px12, 12*
    leg extension: 9px12, 12
    neutral row: 10.5px12, 12
    chest press: 10x12, 12
    lat pulldon: 108px12, 10
    chest fly: 105x12, 12
    cable curls: 80x12, 12
    rope pulldown: 120x10, 10

Two things to note: the leg curl weight was perfect and I will never deplete with lateral raises again. My body uses shoulders far too greatly for everything to even consider itl

/endz.

Quick one...

Worked out. It kinda sucked. I did the lawn this morning and spent a lot of time doing energy-draining things before the gym. Worked out on very little morning food, so I didn't hold up so well. Only got 210x3 on bench, then switched back down to 195 where 3 more were only possible. Clearly an energy issue. Did 100s on db row for 5s. Upped my weights on some machine-based leg lifts, but overall pretty dismal. I am mildly afraid that my recovery isn't doing so well between the Thursday and Saturday workouts. I made it up to 1000g of carbs over Thursday-night to Friday, which is a little lower than the recommendation of 1100-1200g. Not enough where I would've expected an impact.

Now I'm exhausted and ready for some relaxation.

.07.05.2010. - Day 15 of 56
    No work today...woo. That was a pretty important part of my 4th o' July recovery protocol. Did I eat well this weekend? About half. But, I don't think my calories were high enough to really have an issue. However, my Saturday morning brought on more of a bloat than I had expected from the carb up. I'm not sure if it was the milk or captain crunch or what. I'm going to try cutting back on the milk and drinking more water for the next carb load phase.

I looked leaner last Thursday for sure, but between Saturday and Tuesday I'm still not as far along as I'd like to be. After 4 weeks I may switch it up to something with lower frequency for a few. I'll see how I feel by Thursday with a few days of cardio mixed in on Wednesday and Thursday morning. I'm getting antsy I guess.

.diet.
    Way low on the calories today. I had bit of a hangover this morning, so I didn't start eating until noonish. It was worth it. I haven't decided for sure, but I may throw something else in the mix before sleep; perhaps more cochee is in order.

8oz cochee, 4oz strawberries
    60g WPI
    14.5oz chicken, 3g fish oil
    Totals: 925kcal, 5g fat, 17g carbs[2.3g fiber], 199g protein

.workout.
    This was sort of miserable. The removal of the lateral raises is a very good idea; my shoulder feels way better already. I need to bump up a few of the weights, which is a good sign.

All (but lateral raise) were done on Cybex machines of varied age and type. (+) means increase next time.
    leg press: 150x15, 15, 15
    calf raise: 150x15, 15, 15
    leg curl: 7.5px15, 15, 15 (+)
    leg extension: 7.5px15, 15, 15 (+)
    neutral row: 8.5px15, 15, 15 (+)
    chest press: 8.5p15, 15, 15 (+)
    rope pulldown: 95x15, 95x15

I started feeling the urge to puke, drank a lot of water and just tried to settle myself. I staved it off again this time, thankfully.

The quad pinch hit what I believe is an all-time low of 10mm today on all 3 attempts. Everything is getting leaner, yay.

.07.06.2010. - Day 16 of 56
    Geez, I stop posting cock references and the place clears out.

Someone at work today said something about me "disappearing." I take that to mean my diet is working out well. Plus the lowest leg pinch I can recall in forever. I want to go back and check, but my thread is so big that I can't ****ing search in a reasonable amount of time. Other than the diet progress, today blew underage highschool kids that bragged to their friends and got the day thrown into jail on statutory rape charges.

I'm going to attempt to get up for some Y+C fueled cardio in the morning, but no ****ing promises. Tonight's workout was late and it sucked.

.diet.
    I started eating too late today and it threw me all off. Completely busy all day, not much time to get a break.

8oz cochee, 4oz raspberries
    1 can tuna, 1 apple
    60g WPI
    9.3oz chicken
    Totals: 979kcal, 8g fat, 37g carbs[10g fiber], 193g protein

.workout.
    Another miserable workout. I couldn't leave work until my ephedrine was nothing but a wistful, distant memory. The longing in my heart grew deeper as the reps went on, believe that. I accidentally bumped my leg work up by too much, but it turned out that it was the right weight anyhow.

All were done on Cybex machines of varied age and type. (+) means increase next time, (*) was perfect.
    leg press: 150x15, 15, 15 (+)
    calf raise: 150x15, 15, 15 (*)
    leg curl: 9px15, 15, 15 (*)
    leg extension: 9px15, 15, 15 (*)
    neutral row: 9px15, 15, 15 (*)
    chest press: 9p15, 15, 15 (*)
    cable curls: 55x15, 15(*)
    rope pulldown: 95x15, 95x15(*)

I felt all right, just super tired and hungry.