Page 250 of 252 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252 LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 6286

Thread: Galileo Figaro Magnifico!

Quote Originally Posted by galileo View Post
    plckUserId=yzixy2e5ndvhzjfjnjmwytqzyzlknwm4nzq0ztvhogyzmdgyzmm5zg"]xianhatesyou LiveStrong Journal[/URL]

Hope some of you stop by.
    Ugh..such a long drive over.

I'll check that place out sometime soon...congrats on teh wedding and have a blast in Hawaii!

Odd couple of weeks.

House sold, house bought. New diggs:

3100 sqft, 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath.

Can't wait to move!
    Damn man, nice! In washpa?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

You probably paid like 100k for it. I hate you people that don't live in big cities! I get so jealous everytime I watch House Hunters while sitting in my tiny overpriced NYC apartment.

Of course I'm kidding. Congrats on the new crib.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Damn man, nice! In washpa?
    Thanks B - no it's a bit more north in the Peters area.

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    You probably paid like 100k for it. I hate you people that don't live in big cities! I get so jealous everytime I watch House Hunters while sitting in my tiny overpriced NYC apartment.

Of course I'm kidding. Congrats on the new crib.
    lol - you're crazy...for 100k you could get a FAR bigger house than this one!

Real estate up here is getting high relative to avg income and the taxes are just stupid. Still, much better than the huge markets. Move!

For those still here, I've been using Fitocracy and a lil of Monkey Island (Lyle McDonald's mean forum) for logging stuff. Cut down pretty lean, then decided to bulk a bit. I'm up to 177, doing 5/3/1, and my calculated maxes for deads, bench, and military are 410, 287, and 162 respectively. Doing squats again and I seem to be doing well for my back. Not overdoing it...most I've pushed is 205x12, but the point is more rehabilitation than huge numbers.

Hit me up if you want to join Fitocracy and be cool like the cool guys. Or hit me up on the mean forum.

Thanks B - no it's a bit more north in the Peters area.
    My buddies wife is from Peters. It's damn nice there, congrats

but the point is more rehabilitation than huge numbers.
    Sorry I missed it, but rehab from what?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    My buddies wife is from Peters. It's damn nice there, congrats

Sorry I missed it, but rehab from what?

Thanks man. You live a bit north, near Beaver right?

My lower back has been jacked for the better part of 15 years. This is the longest run I've had without injury in a long time. Secret has been a lot more foam roller, stretching, and focusing very hard on form. So, I'm doing lighter squats, working up slowly. Pushing hard on supplementary leg work like ext/curls to fill in the gaps between.
    Last edited by galileo; 01-09-2012 at 06:12 PM.

The bad back club is full of us cool guys, eh?

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

I really havent been able to DL much in about a year due to a fucked up back....glad to see you're still alive. Take luck, bud.

Edit: The caculated numbers look spiffy...obviously you've been doing well.
    Last edited by borracho; 01-10-2012 at 12:45 PM.

I miss your tales of womanizing.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd View Post
    The bad back club is full of us cool guys, eh?
    This is completely true, as evidenced by you, me, and borracho. I'm managing mine pretty well right now; hopefully I will not jinx myself.

Quote Originally Posted by borracho View Post
    I really havent been able to DL much in about a year due to a fucked up back....glad to see you're still alive. Take luck, bud.

Edit: The caculated numbers look spiffy...obviously you've been doing well.
    Thanks man - I hope you find some back relief. Try a foam roller if you haven't already.

I'm lifting pretty well right now - better than in a while. I benched 205x12 last week - aiming to hit 220x9-10 this week. The last time I was in this range I think I was almost 190lbs. Unfortunately for me, I'm out of town on training so I'll need to find a local gym that accepts day passes.

Quote Originally Posted by JSully View Post
    I miss your tales of womanizing.
    Whilst I have fond memories of such, I don't miss it at all. I only womanize one woman these days and she womanizes my wallet.

10-Jan-2012 - Mesocycle 2, Week 3, Deads
    All right, I'll post a few workouts here...at least I still have some friends still around. Thought most were gone.

So...what the FUCK is going on with my weight? 173.5lbs? I have no fucking idea how I lost another 2.5lbs today. Down from 177 steady over the last week or so. Perhaps I'm dehydrated? I know I had a lot of DOMS today in my chest/abs/back/shoulders. Very unusual. Guess I need to up my calories a bit more.

My abs feel like I was stabbed repeatedly by a Malaysian boy who figured out how to fashion a shiv out of parts from an old boxspring found in the cell in which I keep him locked.

Barbell Deadlift:
    135 lb x 5 reps
    185 lb x 5 reps
    205 lb x 3 reps
    225 lb x 3 reps
    290 lb x 3 reps
    325 lb x 7 reps
    Projected max 401. This was a solid set of 7, I felt really good about it. I wish I could have done 8, but my brain just told me it was time to stop. This is an exercised PR for this year; last time I did around this I was using a trapbar, which gives me a huge mechanical advantage.

Also, the ecoball is really good. Almost as good as chalk, but not nearly the mess. I like.

Stiff Leg Barbell Good Morning:
    135 lb x 8 reps
    135 lb x 8 reps
    These were all right. So tired after the deads and my workout was bit later than I'd like.

Corned beef on wheat, a muscle milk, 2 packs of herb & garlic tuna, 2 cups of oats, and tonight I'm going to have some quinoa and a pound of boiled beef with Chinese BBQ sauce.

16-Jan-2012 - Mesocycle 2, Week 3ish, Bench
    I had to go out of town last week Wednesday night through Friday night, so I didn't make it in for my week 3 fun. I couldn't get to the gym over the weekend, so I just shifted bench to today. Fuck you, I play by my own rules, hooker.

I don't think I ever got 220x9 in my life prior to this. I used to do lower rep sets 3-5 in higher ranges, maybe 240-255, but at 176lbs prettying 220x9 makes me happy.

Barbell Bench Press:
    95 lb x 5 reps
    115 lb x 5 reps
    140 lb x 3 reps
    170 lb x 5 reps
    195 lb x 3 reps
    220 lb x 9 reps
    New estimated max is 286lbs. I was really, really happy to get 220x9. About 3 reps in I was thinking 5, but I didn't stop. I had a spotter who never touched the bar. Rep 8 smacked off of the rack as it tracked back too far; so maybe I had 10 in me?

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press:
    70 lb x 10 reps
    70 lb x 10 reps
    70 lb x 10 reps
    60 lb x 10 reps
    The last set made it clear not to try another.

One-Arm Dumbbell Row:
    90 lb x 10 reps
    90 lb x 10 reps
    90 lb x 8 reps
    The last set was a little weaker, but glad to jump to these weights instead of the volume from before.

I forgot my lunch today, so I ended up eating a subway chicken on flatbread w/ double meat. It was awesome. Right now I'm cooking up 1.13 pounds of beefy goodness to make faux tacos with baked tortilla chips and light sour cream. Proteeeeenz.

LuNa
    My abs feel like I was stabbed repeatedly by a Malaysian boy who figured out how to fashion a shiv out of parts from an old boxspring found in the cell in which I keep him locked.
    I am really happy to see you back . Good to hear lifting is going well.

17-Jan-2012 - Mesocycle 2, Week 3ish, Squat
    After some foam rollin' action, I did some dynamic stretching and went to town on this bitch. The warmups felt unnaturally light and I checked my form and I was going back and keeping a good arch in my lower back so I pushed myself a little farther. Hell today, even my leg extensions felt lighter than ever. I feel like this combination of routine and eating is causing me some huge gains in strength and I'm definitely looking a bit bigger than I have in years. I am lovin' the 5/3/1 for bulk.

One of my employees dropped the ball big time this month. Best part is, I get to "help him" get back on track by performing a huge part of his job for him. I wanna fucking facepunch right now.

Barbell Squat:
    95 lb x 5 reps
    115 lb x 5 reps
    135 lb x 3 reps
    185 lb x 5 reps
    225 lb x 5 reps
    245 lb x 6 reps
    My warm ups felt super light, so I said the hell with it and just pushed myself up to 245. Got 6 no problem - could've done more, but didn't want to sacrifice form just in case. Not good enough yet. New estimated max was 300.

Leg Extensions:
    175 lb x 12 reps
    150 lb x 12 reps
    Dropped this, but didn't feel like doing more.

Seated Calf Raise:
    180 lb x 8 reps
    205 lb x 8 reps
    These were pretty easy. 2s rest at the bottom, explode up.

Dumbbell Shrug:
    115 lb x 8 reps
    Caught a callus on my left hand on the db knurl and it hurt like hell, so I had to stop. I wanted to do barbell, but some dude was in the rack curling.

I ate a steak hoagie, 2 packs of tuna, 3 servings of oats, 15oz of milk, a lil creatine, and 3 turkey burgers. More foods to come.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    I am really happy to see you back . Good to hear lifting is going well.
    Glad to see you around. Hope things are going well for you!

LuNa
    Nice work on the squat. I have done a couple waves of 5/3/1 before and liked it a lot.

18-Jan-2012 - Mesocycle 2, Rest
    Rest day, but I need to evaluate how I'm going to proceed as I just ended my 2nd 5/3/1 mesocycle.

Original maxes:
    deads: 315x5 (367x1)
    bench: 190x8 (240x1)
    squat: n/a
    military: 130x1

New maxes:
    deads: 400x1 (+33)
    bench: 287x1 (+47)
    squat: 294x1 (+294, lol)
    military: 162x1 (+32)

I worked out all of last year, mostly, with a few periods of downtime. Was cutting a lot of it since I was fairly obese to begin, so as soon as I started eating to gain - the strength came.[

Now, how to proceed? One more 5/3/1 cycle or perhaps a bout of RPT with IF to trim off some of the accumulated fat? I used calipers and it had me at 6/13/14 (pec/leg/ab), which is roughly 10.25%, but I'm holding more visceral fat these days, so I feel bigger than that.

Maybe IF. I dunno...hate to give up on such awesome progress.

honestly, I would keep going. You're only 10.25%.. allow yourself to get to 13-14 before shutting it down. Then pull out the food scale for a month or two.

Or, drop calories now but keep training heavy and hard. You don't have a lot of assistance work so recovery shouldn't be too tough. Centralize the fuck out of your carbs around your training and you should retain all of the strength, provided you don't create too big of a deficit. Certainly don't diet for more than 4 weeks though, or you will see performance decrease. If you're not happy with your bf% after 4 weeks, maintain for 3-4 weeks and do it again. This maintenance time can be good for more strength gains with very minimal fat gain.

my $.02
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Quote Originally Posted by JSully View Post
    honestly, I would keep going. You're only 10.25%.. allow yourself to get to 13-14 before shutting it down. Then pull out the food scale for a month or two.

Or, drop calories now but keep training heavy and hard. You don't have a lot of assistance work so recovery shouldn't be too tough. Centralize the fuck out of your carbs around your training and you should retain all of the strength, provided you don't create too big of a deficit. Certainly don't diet for more than 4 weeks though, or you will see performance decrease. If you're not happy with your bf% after 4 weeks, maintain for 3-4 weeks and do it again. This maintenance time can be good for more strength gains with very minimal fat gain.

my $.02
    Great feedback Jake - much appreciated too.

For reference, my basic RPT/IF structure looks like this: Reverse Pyramid style, 3 days a week. Working with the heaviest weights possible.

Workout A
    deads 2x4-5
    military 1x6-8
    weighted chins 2x4-6
    db or bb rows 2x6-8

Workout B
    bench 2x6-8
    incline bb or db bench 2x6-8
    bb curl 2x6-8
    tricep pushdowns 2x6-8

Workout C
    squat 2x6-8
    leg curl 2x6-8
    leg extensions 2x6-8
    calf raises 1x12-16
    ab work

Alternate calories around 10% over on workout days, -30% below on rest days. The deficit ends up being around 1lb a week. The IF protocol insists on huge carbs first meal/around workout, so it's built in for that.

I've seen others report results of IF-style cutting on 5/3/1 and it isn't all that good. Working with sub-maximum weights, even at higher reps, seems to cause more overall muscle loss than pushing in the 4-8 range to near failure. However, IF with RPT is tremendous - and it works well for me.

Like I hinted at, definitely not visually in the 10% range. I can see my ribs still, but I suspect to get pretty lean for summer I need to drop about 10lbs, so at least 3 months. I haven't gained weight for a few weeks, so I'm basically at maintenance now (eating like a champ too). It'd be awesome to get back up to this weight and lean, I wouldn't have to worry about what I ate at all.

Still have some time to figure this out.

LuNa
    Sounds like a great plan dude. Looking forward to seeing the results.

I ate a steak hoagie, 2 packs of tuna, 3 servings of oats, 15oz of milk, a lil creatine, and 3 turkey burgers. More foods to come.

I like that.

Congrats on the DL and bench PR. 220x9 is a nice place to be and I am sure you had 10 in you...hitting shit on the way up with the bar tends to fuck things up. Glad you decided to stick around...maybe it'll motivate me to start posting more often here.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    Sounds like a great plan dude. Looking forward to seeing the results.
    Me too. I am definitely much bigger now than I've been in a while...time to lean up and see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by borracho View Post
    I like that.

Congrats on the DL and bench PR. 220x9 is a nice place to be and I am sure you had 10 in you...hitting shit on the way up with the bar tends to fuck things up. Glad you decided to stick around...maybe it'll motivate me to start posting more often here.
    Thanks borracho! I'm hoping to settle in around 225x8 for the duration of my cut, if not bumping up a little more.

23-Jan-2012 - IF 2012, Week 1, Deads/Back
    Here we are, day 1 of the IF. I decided after some thorough consideration that it'd be best to lean up for a bit and try to maintain my strength gains from the 5/3/1. So far, so good...but I've not put myself in a real deficit yet.

Beginning weight: 180.4lbs roughly 10.5% by 3-site, so like 15%

Barbell Deadlift:
    135 lb x 5 reps
    225 lb x 3 reps
    275 lb x 1 reps
    330 lb x 5 reps
    315 lb x 5 reps
    330x5 as prescribed. A little tough to get used to the RPT again though.

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press:
    135 lb x 6 reps
    Harder than last week.

Pull-Up:
    6 reps || weighted || 25 lb
    6 reps || weighted || 25 lb
    I can bump these up next week.

Seated Cable Row:
    170 lb x 8 reps
    175 lb x 8 reps
    Add weight next week.

Close Grip Chin-Up:
    5 reps
    Exhausted.

Today, 2 packs of tuna, 4 servings of oats, 3 turkey burgers, and some fish oil caps. Need to figure out where I stand on calories and push in the rest.
    Last edited by galileo; 01-23-2012 at 05:30 PM.