Page 91 of 252 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 6286

Thread: Galileo Figaro Magnifico!

Uh, yeah what he said.

*flips Gmoney another nickel*

Prolegomenon
    More of this cutting crap.

Today though, my goal is to relax. I have been so emotionally drained as of late that it makes even the minute details of life seem horrendous.

I'm wearing a pair of boxers that I haven't worn in about a year. I'm doing such because laundry has been the last thing on my mind. I'm telling you this because hidden within is a very important message, which is that when you wear boxer shorts that are far too small for you, your wang gets upset and refuses to stay inside the hole in the front. So, always dress to appease your wang folks; wear boxer shorts that fit. Thank you.

Prandial Promulgation
    I'm realizing now that I'm getting far too few calories. I miss my oils a lot of the time and based on this some days I drop to 1600-1700 calories. Am I a ****ing idiot? Last night I was a little on the upset side, so I missed my last meal at work and my two chicken meals. I went to the BK lounge and got a chicken sammich to offset the calorie difference. Then I skateboarded it off. Bleeargh? Yes, bleaargh.

supplements
             3g acetyl-l-carnitine, 800mg r-ala, 2g taurine, 2.4g green tea extract (40% c : 60% p), 2g l-tyrosine, 5g glutamine, daily one cap, b-100, e complex, c-1000, glucosamine, [melatonin], [coral calcium]

food
             30g driver, 10g fish oil, 8oz cottage cheese, 3oz blueberries, 6oz turkey, 10g fish oil, 1 can tuna, 6oz turkey, 10g fish oil, 1 chicken breast, 1tbsp safflower oil, 1 chicken breast, some sauce (ranch, bbq), 25g driver, 10g fish oil caps

beverages
             coffee, water, diet dr. pepper

totals
             2000 calories with 230g protein, boom.

Toil and Tribulation
    I ended up skateboarding last night and I pulled my motherfücking hamstring. It was agitated from skating last week and then doing a leg day, but I thought it was all better. I guess I'll just take it easy for today. May have to skip my leg workout tomorrow too. I need to go to the chiropractor anyhow.

Torpidity and Lethargy
    I went out for a bit last night but came home early to watch TV. It was a bit cloudy so the ****ing satellite wouldn't pick up anything else, so we went to bed early and relaxed. I still ended up with about 7 hours of slumbah.

Palaver
    I'm in training all ****ing day **** **** ****. I'll be in training the rest of the mother****ing week. I went late so I got a front seat, so I can't even ignore it. So much for productivity.

Dude, you need to eat more calories. Or are you simply trying to fit into your boxers?

HST?

Ok, I'm considering the option of using HST for a single cycle. I would finish my cut this week (testing maxes), start the deconditioning, then I'd be finished up right before thanksgiving. I've thought it out and I'm opting for doing this at work, since I can do negatives far easier with the ghey machines they have. Whatever I can't do negatives on, I'll repeat the 5's.

What I have so far :
    leg press x2
    leg curl x2
    calf-raise x2
    chest press x2 or (chest press x1 and cable flyes x1)
    lat pulldown x1 [chins aren't high enough to get solid 15's]
    neutral row x1
    incline db curls x2
    cable tricep pressdown x2
    shrug (gonna have to use the smith machine, i guess) x2
    lateral db raise x2

That's a ton of exercises. Before I make up my mind fully, I'm suggest someone advise me. Thank you.

HST? Don't look at me. I don't know. Seems just a bit too boring for me.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Didja ever see HST? Didja ever see HST...on weeeeeeeeed?

There ain't much I haven't seen on weeeeeeeed!
    What is elite?

I can't advise ya on HST. I know fuzz likes it. If you do do it I'd opt for 2 chest presses vs. 1 press and 1 fly.

I rule!!!

Gal One thing that got me was that my gym is weird they dont have like 2.5 or 5 lb weights to use for progression on plate machines. I think it was like a 15lb jump on the pull down thing. Before you plan to use the pull down machines and the press down too. Make sure you'll be able to do a 5lb progression! Another thing... I dont know ive seen your shoulders but do you think you're going to be able to do a significant progressive load with lateral raises? It could get pretty heavy pretty quick.
    Last edited by SquareHead; 09-09-2003 at 02:31 PM.
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

You should see his shoulders! Boulders I tells ya!

Did someone say HST??

First of all, I know you've had problems with squats in the past - you mentioned you are getting a belt, though. Have you thought of alternating squats with leg presses? You could start very light with the squats, and doing them every five days or so should be alright on your lower back.

As far as negatives go, don't keep that from using free weights. I've never really used negatives, normally I keep increasing weights once I'm past the 5 rep cycle and get into 2 or 3 rep range. I also throw in a drop set or two after the heavy set, which Bryan and others have advocated quite a bit. This works out pretty well and I've increased strength nicely as a bonus.

I would do pulldowns only until you are in 10 reps, and then do chins...continuing to add weight if possible.

Drop lateral raises or at least drop it to one set. Might also want to drop the direct arm stuff to one set, depending on your conditioning.

Also, have you looked at this routine?

MONDAY
    Tricep Kickbacks
    5 lb DB's x 100

Cheat BB Curls
    50 lbs x 20 + heavy cheating to impress da ladies

WEDNESDAY
    1/8 squats with 3 plates per side (again, for the ladies)

Flexing in mirror static holds (1 minute each muscle group)

Chat with fitness bunnies (10 reps of 5 minutes, each bunny)

FRIDAY
    This is a two-a-day:
    AM
    masturbation - 100 reps, left forearm

PM
    masturbation - 100 reps, right forearm

Form is key on these - you don't want to start using your back like Belial does.

That would also be a nice alternative to HST.

Originally posted by galileo
    HST?

Ok, I'm considering the option of using HST for a single cycle. I would finish my cut this week (testing maxes), start the deconditioning, then I'd be finished up right before thanksgiving. I've thought it out and I'm opting for doing this at work, since I can do negatives far easier with the ghey machines they have. Whatever I can't do negatives on, I'll repeat the 5's.

What I have so far :
    leg press x2
    leg curl x2
    calf-raise x2
    neutral row x1
    incline db curls x2
    lateral db raise x2

That's a ton of exercises. Before I make up my mind fully, I'm suggest someone advise me. Thank you.

HST?

What I have so far :
    leg press x2
    leg curl x2
    calf-raise x2
    neutral row x1
    incline db curls x2
    lateral db raise x2

Cut down on some of the arm work, and add in more work for the bigger muscle groups (ie back and chest). I would go with 3or4 sets for chest, same with back.

Get rid of the lateral raise, throw in a seated db shoulder press instead (or something to that effect)
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Originally posted by fuzz

MONDAY
    Tricep Kickbacks
    5 lb DB's x 100

Cheat BB Curls
    50 lbs x 20 + heavy cheating to impress da ladies

WEDNESDAY
    1/8 squats with 3 plates per side (again, for the ladies)

Flexing in mirror static holds (1 minute each muscle group)

Chat with fitness bunnies (10 reps of 5 minutes, each bunny)

FRIDAY
    This is a two-a-day:
    AM
    masturbation - 100 reps, left forearm

PM
    masturbation - 100 reps, right forearm

Form is key on these - you don't want to start using your back like Belial does.

That would also be a nice alternative to HST.

I second that routine. Its worked wonders for me.
    What is elite?

Originally posted by HomeYield

I second that routine. Its worked wonders for me.

I hear that routine makes your ass explode!

Gal, you know why.

As to the HST. [list=1][*]With your back an issue for squats, I'd stick to the leg pressing. With your numbers you can progress incrementally very well. [*]If deads are not an issue on your back, then I'd add those in. It makes for a good transition from legs to upper body.[*]I liked doing a back/chest/back/chest to get in the two exercise for each of those muscle groups. So I'd likely do a pressing and dips or pressing and flies for the chest. Back could be the deads and rows. [*]I'm with fuzz on the laterals. Do they have a shoulder machine or at least go for db pressing where you have more weight to press - esp since you have uber massive shoulders. Also move the doing them right after chest instead of arms. [*]On the arms, make sure that you have enough room to progress on the db curls. If not maybe you can try the barbell curls if possible you maybe able to progress with 2.5lb plates. [*]I'd move calves to the end. dunno why really just never felt right doing them in the middle. [*]You might find volume to be an issue esp when you get to the lower reps and your intensity is on fire. Just drop some of the double sets down to one set. [*]You could also look into doing a smaller progression by changing the rep scheme every week. So do 15, 12, 10, 8, 5, 5, ... instead of 15, 15, 10, 10, 5, 5. It might give you some flexiblity in the weights you add per week.[/list=1]
    Good luck on it.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Here are some responses, in no particular order.

I can't squat at work, I can't lat pulldown at home, give and take. I pick one or the other, free weights or machines. I'm going to go with machines this time for various reasons. After this, I'll begin squatting plus it'll give me time to acquire a belt. I already have some of my maxes for these exercises, so it will make this far easier this time around.

I'll probably increase the weight on the machines I can't do negatives with and do the 2-3 rep sets. Sounds like a good idea.

I was going off of a basic template from Haycock, which is why I just chose 2 sets per part. I will likely drop the arm movements to 1 set a piece and the lateral raise to one set a piece. We have 1.25lb magnets at the gym at work, so I can progress with the lateral raises just fine. Plus, those are the most underworked and underdevloped part of my shoulder, so I may as well hit it a little.

I can't do any overhead dumbbell work because of my back and I actually think that's benefitted me in the long run. My shoulders are huge compared to my arms, which pisses me off.

Swapping pulldowns for chinups at 5 reps sounds like a decent plan.

I won't be upping the chest and back to 3-4 sets. If I am working out 3x a week that'll be too much, especially when I hit the last day (with maximums). Well since I'll do a warmup set for each, it'll be sort of like 3 sets, heheh.

Still not sold on the chest press over cable fly. I think the flyes tend to hit my chest better, which is a key part I need to bring up. My triceps are dominant bastards that wish to take over the world. Greedy sonsabitches. One each may be the way to go.

I can't deadlift at work. I could split the workout into AM/PM, but I don't think I wanna go that hardcore this time.

I didn't lay it out in the order of performance, but your suggestion of doing calves towards the end is duely noted.

The first time through, I'm going to attempt to do it as close to the "suggested" plan as possible. I think finding maxes for all of those ranges would be a rush, especially since I plan on starting my SD this weekend. I am not even sure I'm gonna be able to get all my maxes in time as it is. I may get my chest maxes on Monday, then start SD the following day and pick up the routin e on the 29th (12 days of rest).

Thanks for all of the input, I'll post a modified plan later.

Good luck G!

HST sounds great but damn figuring out the routine is about as complex an issue as I've ever seen. Good luck with it though! I agree about the flyes nothing seems to stretch the pecs out more than a good set of flyes!

Two things.

I may take an extra week to estimate my maxes so I can be more accurate in my predictions.

NEVER TAKE 20 GRAMS OF FISH OIL CAPS AT ONE TIME.

NEVER TAKE 20 GRAMS OF FISH OIL CAPS AT ONE TIME.
    Why? What happened? Its never bothered me before. Pansy!
    What is elite?

I'm not going to bother discussing the details. Heed my warning. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Did you take em with food?

I think he just put a mackeral in a blender.

*takes 20 fish oil caps*
    Pup, in reference to me: "he's like Budiak...but worse"

Budiak: "Statistically I've gained almost an inch on my arms...but thats just theory, and we know what theory gets us. Thats right. Communism."

BigChaseyChase: "Cutting, there will not be!"

sir millard mulch: "I could probably punch some chick really hard at this point"

Galileo - "Someday maybe I'll be able to use the big boy weights like RG570."

*takes 40 FOC*
    What is elite?