Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MonStar1023 NHE + HST Journal

aeckhardt-
    Whatsup bro? Yeah I know that you said 1-2 sets per bodypart. I was going to cut a set out but in Bryan Haycock's recommendations he says 1-2 sets per exercise. And that youll probably only be able to handle one. I feel okay doing 2 bro..

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah but he is assuming you are only doing one exercise per bodypart.

If you wanna do it your way, that's cool. But just realize you will be doing tons of volume that way. This is supposed to be very low volume. Once you hit that last day of each rep schem and you are going close to failure on all of your bodyparts 3 sets is gonna ******* kill you. And not in a good way. You don't wanna tire out your CNS.

Plus, just to let you know, out of the people on google.misc.fitness.weights who say they have used it, the ones who only did one set and one exercise per bodypart said they got the best results.Let me repeat: That equates to one set per bodypart per workout!

It is not neccesary to pound your muscles with that many sets because you will be hitting them so many times in one week. It's all about progression, not hammering your muscles.
    Last edited by aeckhardt; 02-13-2002 at 07:59 PM.

aeckhardt-
    Yeah I know what youre saying. If I feel like 2 sets are really f*cking me up then I will drop it down to one set. Well see how things go. Do you think that NHE is a good diet for optimizing HST or no? I think that my results will be fine with NHE. Worked great so far.. but well see. I just like the idea that I dont have to count the calories, protein, carbs, or fat. And I can eat out etc. eating on NHE. Much more reasonable than most diets. Like the CID and CKD and TKD you have to be all anal about every little thing that goes into your mouth.

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/forums/Th...D=178&mc=8.com

That is for the volume.

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/...raining-06.htm

That is for the eating. Scroll down to the question about eating.

aeckhardt-
    Thanks for the links bro definitely appreciate it. Yeah I have skimmed both of the links that you gave me. Never really read them in detail though. Yeah I know my volume maybe a TAD higher then exactly what he is recommending but I dont think that its TOO high. I mean Thorazine did around 3 total sets per bodypart Mon, Wed, Fri and his results were phenomenal.

Well see I guess.

Thought I'd let you know that NHE would probably still work. The need for carbs in the 15's and 10's is for the lactic acid. But, it really doesn't change growth all that much. Plus all the lactic acid does is flush the muscles, prepare the tendions for the heavier weights, and do stuff like that. That is why some are possibly experimenting with no 15's and 10's and just cycling 5's negatives since that is where most of the growth is even though it will be harder on the system.

aeckhardt-
    Yeah thats what I figured bro. I mean I have been achieving phenomenal results with NHE. Lost 25 lbs. in 2 months with 3 complete and all-out BINGE days. Thats pretty good if you ask me! I mean thats better then any other diet I have heard of. I am not thinking that it's water either because of the frequent carb-up meals... but who knows. I am thinking of adding some supps to my carb-up meal..

Like maybe some CLA, vanadyl, chromium, magnesium, hydroxycitric acid (Citrimax).. maybe increase the dosage of the ALA or add some D-ribose. Who knows well see I guess.

My brother has used most of those so I'll see what he thought.

aeckhardt-
    Okay thanks bro. Your brother used them with carb-ups or not? Because otherwise I dont think they would do too much. I was just going to add them in for a little extra glycogen replenishment thats all. Trying to really really make the MOST of my carb-up meal.

Um, I just talked to him and he said he used everything that Lyle recommends in his ketogenic diaries pages shiat. He said they worked well, but he never did a carb up without them so he really has nothing to compare them to.Sorry.

aeckhardt-
    Please help me out... thats cool about your brother but I kinda want more opinions then just one. No offense to you or anything like that. Or your brother. But the list is something like this...

1.5 servings TRAC
    5g glutamine peptides / or regular glutamine
    600 mg. ALA (maybe up dosage)
    CLA 1000 mg.
    Vanadyl 50 mg.
    Chromium 250 mg.
    Magnesium 500 mg.
    Hydroxycitric acid (Citrimax) 750 mg.
    D-ribose 3000 mg.

Do these dosages look okay? Maybe more chromium or HCA? HELP!
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 02-14-2002 at 06:46 AM.

Thursday, 2-14-2002

Happy Valentine's Day.. me and my BABY went out to dinner and bought her a dozen roses and some other things from Hallmark etc. What a great time.

Cardio.
    (AM) 10 minutes stationery bike, alternating 1 minute level 8 going a fast-pace then 1 minutes level 5 going a slower-pace.

... slept too late! I am going to have to end up doing my other 10 minutes of the bike this afternoon which pisses me off. I think its better to do 20 minutes straight rather than to do 10 and 10 minutes. Oh well.

(PM) 10 minutes stationery bike, alternating 1 minute level 8 going a fast-pace then 1 minutes level 5 going a slower-pace.

Diet.
    • M1- 2-3 oz. turkey breast + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream
      M2- 1/2 Pure Protein bar
      M3- green salad + Ranch dressing + chicken salad + cheesestick
      M4- Atkin's low-carb choclate
      M5- green salad + Ceasar dressing + cheese
      M6- 8 oz. sirloin steak + grilled veggies + a few sugar-free popsicles

Overall Comments.
    Felt good today. Really had some difficulty staying on my diet since it was Valentine's Day and all just I just kept looking forward to tomorrow night when I get to carb-up! Really looking forward to my workout and my carb-up meal...

Pain/Soreness.
    Back is hurting. Lats and midback are both hurting. Glutes are also hurting pretty badly. Really not that sore though considering.

Sleep.
    7.5 hours of sleep last night. Slept pretty well. Woke up once right after I fell asleep. I am not sure why though.

Supplements.
    • multi-vitamin 2x today
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today
    • 1 Calcium Complete 3x today
    • 2 Xenadrine 3x today
    • Sleep Formula before bed

Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
    N/A.

Training Length.
    N/A.

Water.
    Okay amount today. Need maybe a little more tomorrow.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 02-23-2002 at 08:30 PM.

MS I don't know the proper amounts for those supplements so there is nothing I can tell you. I think you have used most of them before so just stick with your intuition. Plus remember, supplements only add that extra 5% or so anyway.

For supplements, anything to maximize recovery is a must.

Talking to an expert I know, he recommends Glutamine, Arginine, and BCAA's (the latter not absolutely necessary).

Lots of rest is important.

Yes, I did do 3 sets for bigger bodyparts (back, chest, legs at times) but next time I go through this, I'm going to try to follow EXACTLY how he does it.

You have to learn how your body reacts.

What I did differently was I just didn't do 2 sets of one exercise. I did 3 different exercises, one set per exercise for the bigger muscle groups.

This is a great routine for LBM, and it helps rid you of any lagging injuries.

You'll soon learn where you stand on this. You'll eventually see that you don't want to do more then 3 MAX sets per bodypart, but preferably one or two.

Thorazine

I swear MS, you and your damn supplements...

If i met you in real life i'd punch you in the face.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

aeckhardt-
    Okay thanks bro.. I definitely appreciate it. Well see how things go. I am probably going to add all that I suggested. Some citrimax, vanadyl, etc. Well see what happens.

Thorazine-
    Yeah bro so far things have been excellent. Thanks for the reply. Well see how things go.

The_Chicken_Daddy-
    Lol I bet you would bro. Haha I am just always wanna make the most of my food etc.

seriously now tho Mike, the difference all those supps will make isn't even worth the money you're paying for them.

You've made great progress since the early days of elite man, but seriously, you gotta wise up...
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

The_Chicken_Daddy-
    Hehe I know bro. But I get almost all of them for free. Just old stuff lying around the house that I never took or finished etc.. I am thinking about taking 30 minutes before my my carb-up meal..

1.5 servings TRAC
    5g glutamine peptides
    1-2g taurine
    600 mg. ALA
    500 mg. magnesium
    400-800 mg. chromium
    20 mg. vanadyl sulphate

Well see I guess...

Last edited by MonStar1023; 02-14-2002 at 08:26 PM.

Friday, 2-15-2002

Cardio.
    None.

Diet.
    • M1- turkey breast + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + coffee + Equal + heavy whipping cream
      M2- Atkin's low-carb choclate bar
      M3- green salad + olives + cheese + tuna salad + oil & vinegar dressing
      M4- (postworkout) 2 scoops whey protein + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil
      Carb-up Meal- big bowl of spaghetti + Ragu sauce + 32 oz. Gatorade + 2 scoops ice-cream

Overall Comments.
    Feel really good today. Little drowsy when I first woke up but I snapped out of that really fast. Preworkout today I weighed 208 lbs. I was glad. I mean I have been hovering around 210 lbs. for a while now. Which IS down 25 lbs. from what I started NHE at, but I would like to get down to the 195-200 lbs. area. Looking forward to carb-up meal! Carb-up was GREAT. Tasted so so good. Yum yum. Lime Gatorade was so delicious I loved it!.. pasta was OKAY. Didnt eat too much pasta I am not sure why though. I am thinking the Gatorade filled me up. I ate Bovinity Divinity Ben & Jerry's ice-cream. Damn it was GREAT! Loved it. Anyway I am looking forward to my next carb-up meal on Monday.

Pain/Soreness.
    Back pretty sore today. Nothing else is really that bad I dont think. Midback also really sore today.

Sleep.
    7.5 hours of sleep last night. Slept really really well too. Felt well-rested when I woke up. Workout should go great today. Also had maybe a 20-25 minute nap before my workout.

Supplements.
    • multi-vitamin 2x today
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today
    • 1 Calcium Complete 3x today
    • 2 Xenadrine 3x today
    • 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 250 mg. Aminogen postworkout
    • 1 serving TRAC + 1 serving Phosphaplex + 5g glutamine peptides + 500 mg. glycine + 400 mg. chromium + 600 mg. ALA + 250 mg. magnesium + 2g d-ribose + 3 V2G before carb-up meal
    • Sleep Formula before bed

... added a bunch of supplements to help aid in glycogen replenishement. I am hoping that this will really make a big difference with my glycogen etc. Have description a few posts after this one. Added Cytodyne's Phosphaplex, EAS's V2G, and a few others.

Training. Workout A3.
    • Leg Presses 540x15; 540x15
      Leg Press Calf-raises 570x15
      Seated Leg Curls 170x15
      Flat Dumbbell Presses 55x15; 55x15
      Curl-grip Pulldowns 120x15; 120x15
      Dips +15x15
      Bentover T-bar Rows 130x15
      Seated Behind-neck Presses 95x15; 95x15
      Standing Barbell Curls 65x15; 65x15
      Lying Barbell Ext. 65x15; 65x15
      Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 90x15
      Cable Crunches 135x15

Training Comments.
    GREAT workout today! Really had an excellent workout. Took a nap right before so I kind of felt a LITTLE bit drowsy but nothing major. Leg presses were tough. These increases in weight are really f*cking up my legs big time. Wow 2nd set really beat my legs up. Calf raises REALLY hit my calves well. Great burn and excellent feeling of exaustion throughout my lower legs. Good pump too considering it was only one set. Leg curls went well. Good burn towards the end of the set. Good contractions. Flat DBs... WOW. I feel like I am at my failure weight soon. I will probably hit my 15RM around 67.5 lbs. DBs or maybe even 65s. I dont know but I do know that those 55s were beating my pecs down today. 2nd set was killer. Great burn and pump in my pecs. Curl-grip pulldowns really really really hit my back hard. Great contractions in my lats and midback. Excellent exercise. Looking forward to switching to curl-grip chins when I start my 10-rep weeks. Dips killed my pecs! I cant imagine doing BW + 25 lbs. for 15 reps like I did on Monday. Not sure why. I am thinking my 15RM is around 30-35 lbs. + BW. I dont know I guess well see obviously. BTN presses were GREAT. I love them! One of my favorite exercises. Used 95 lbs. Really felt light again like Wednesday. 2nd set was tougher but still feels like such p*ssy weight. BB curls went well. Hit biceps hard. Good sets. Second was a tough one! My 15RM for BB curls is around 77.5 I think or maybe 80 at the MOST. Same with lying BB ext. Second set of lying ext. was a KILLER. Wow hit my tris unbelievably. Wrist curls were great. Really focused so much during that one set. Not doing any volume really for forearms so that one set I have to REALLY give it my all. Cable crunches hit my abs hard! Great burn, excellent set. Contractions were great.

Training Length.
    Workout today lasted around 50 minutes. Little longer. Oh well not a big deal. 40-50 minutes is average length for HST.

Water.
    Good amount today. Took around 35 oz. after my carb-up meal. Didnt feel too bloated either.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 02-23-2002 at 10:00 PM.

YOU FOOL!

aeckhardt-
    Huh?

For my supplement choices..?

Originally posted by MonStar1023
    The_Chicken_Daddy-
    Hehe I know bro. But I get almost all of them for free. Just old stuff lying around the house that I never took or finished etc.. I am thinking about taking 30 minutes before my my carb-up meal..

1.5 servings TRAC
    5g glutamine peptides
    1-2g taurine
    600 mg. ALA
    500 mg. magnesium
    400-800 mg. chromium
    20 mg. vanadyl sulphate

Well see I guess...

Is this what you want me to look at Mon?

No I was just in the mood to say it. I had no one here to direct it to so I figured you could be my victim.

Mwuahahahahahhaah.

Hey MS, what do you know about biotin?

It's a B vitamin I take it to help increase insulin sensitivity, so when i do low carbs for an extended period, it helps when i carb up.