Monday, 3-4-2002

Cardio.
    None.

Diet.
    • M1- Atkin's choclate bar
      M2- bag of peanuts
      M3- beef jerkey
      M4- slices of pepperoni
      M5- (postworkout) 2 scoops whey protein + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil
      Carb-up Meal 1- pasta + Ragu sauce + low-fat coffee cake + candy + 32 oz. Gatorade
      Carb-up Meal 2- oatmeal + brown sugar + butter + skim milk

... Damn my carb-up meal tonight is really really tasty. Its the usual spaghetti and Gatorade, but I added some Carmel Creams like my last carb-up meal along with some some Nerds and some Swedish Fish!

Carb-up Meal 1 ended up coming out to..
    1650 calories, 30g protein, 350g carbs, 15g fat

... This carb-up meal was a little higher in carbs, and calories, than my usual first carb-up meal is. Oh well I feel fine taking it all in though. Damn full, but okay. Damn felt COMPLETELY bloated after my carb-up meal, and then my 32 oz. of water. Just felt so packed with food and water I was about to explode all over the damn place!

Carb-up Meal 2 came out to..
    750 calories, 25g protein, 125g carbs, 20g fat

... Damn tonight both of my total for each meal was really high. Didnt realize how hungry I was! Totals for both meals came out to around 2400 calories, 55g protein, 475g carbs, 35g fat! Damn thats a LOT of carbs holy sh*t.. I am also going to DROP the butter from my second carb-up meal. I know that carbs and saturated fat dont go together but the tbsp. of butter improves the taste SO MUCH! Oh well it'll be gone on Friday's carb-up.

Overall Comments.
    Feel good today. Right eye is still bothering me a little bit. But oh well. These drops are really helping me out I think. Hopefully it will be better by tomorrow or the next day. Preworkout today I weighed 202 lbs. Felt good about my weight today. I am only down .5 lbs. from Friday but its only been 2 days I mean its probably just water weight etc.

Pain/Soreness.
    Not really sore today at all. Feel fine for the most part. Right pec is a little sore. I am not really sure how to be honest. Not really pectoral muscle thats sore thats the wierd thing. Its more like the outermost part of my right pec, but not my serratus.

Sleep.
    5 hours! I dont know what the f*ck is wrong with me! I wasnt going to go to school today but my a*shole parents made me. tuttuttuttut Cant believe this bullsh*t. My godd*mn workout is probably going to suffer from this horsesh*t.

Supplements.
    • multi-vitamin 2x today
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today
    • 300 mg. biotin 3x today
    • 1 Calcium Complete 3x today
    • 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx 2x today
    • 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 250 mg. Aminogen postworkout
    • 1 serving TRAC + 1 serving Phosphaplex + 5g glutamine peptides + 500 mg. glycine + 400 mg. chromium + 600 mg. ALA + 250 mg. magnesium + 2g d-ribose + 3 V2G + 2 Gluco Tech + 2 Insulene before carb-up meal 1
    • 300 mg. ALA before carb-up meal 2
    • Sleep Formula before bed

... Liquid Clenbutrx is basically what saved my workout! When I got to the gym I was so tired and drowsy, and then after I took my 5cc of Liquid Clenbutrx, I was jacked and ready to go! Now I know why this stuff is so talked about..

Training. Workout B4.
    • Leg Presses 715x10
      Leg Press Calf-raises 760x10
      Seated Leg Curls 260x10
      Flat Dumbbell Presses 85x10
      Curl-grip Chins +15x10
      Dips +65x10
      Bentover T-bar Rows 170x10
      Seated Behind-neck Presses 140x10
      Standing Barbell Curls 100x10
      Lying Barbell Ext. 100x10
      Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 135x10
      Cable Crunches 170x10

Training Comments.
    Damn GREAT workout considering the circumstances. Intense workout. Only had 5 hours of sleep so I really thought that my workout intensity and focus was going to suffer big time. Somehow I pulled off a GREAT workout! Leg presses were excellent. Good ROM and excellent contractions. Really focused on these and hammered my entire lower body all the way, even my calves. Calf raises beat up my lower legs pretty badly. Hit them hard. Good reps, really really nearing my 10RM though. Going to add 5-10 lbs. and see how that goes. Leg curls went well. Good contractions, etc. Going to add 5 lbs. for Wednesday and Friday and go with a 270 lbs. 10RM. Damn flat DBs really neared my 10RM! Coming way closer than I think I should be at this point. Great set though. Last 1-2 reps though were a killer. Only going to add 2.5 lbs. for Wednesday. Curl-grip chins also went great. Really coming close to hitting my 10RM. Going to add 2.5 lbs. for Wednesday. Good contractions in my back though. Weighted dips were excellent. I am almost 100% sure that I am going to end up with +75 lbs. as my dip 10RM like I estimated. Hammered my pecs VERY hard. Hurt right in the middle of my pecs. T-bar rows were great as usual. Excellent form, great contractions in my back, excellent feeling of exaustion, awesome set. BTN presses went really well too. Great set. Good solid reps. Good ROM, hammered my delts and traps. Perfect form. BB curls went really really well too. Damn I am coming SO CLOSE to my 10RM with these. Only going to add 2.5 lbs. for Wednesday. Lying ext. went well too. Going to add 5 lbs. for Wednesday. Feel a tad stronger on these than I do with BB curls. Wrist curls went GREAT. Excellent reps, contractions, nice and slow with a good ROM. Cable crunches also went really really well. Flexed my abs very hard with each rep. Good set.

Training Length.
    Workout today lasted around 50 minutes. Little longer than usual but nothing too big of a deal I dont think.

Water.
    Good amount during the day. A LOT during my workout. Not sure why I was just extremely thirsty. Took in a good 32 oz. of water after my first carb-up meal and a good amount with my second too.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 03-08-2002 at 08:09 PM.

Tuesday, 3-5-2002

Cardio.
    (AM) 20 minutes stationery bike, alternating 1 minute level 8 going a fast-pace then 1 minutes level 5 going a slower-pace.

Diet.
    • M1- cheese + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
      M2- pumpkin seeds + pork rinds
      M3- coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal + green salad + cheese + tuna salad
      M4- handful of walnuts

Overall Comments.
    Felt good today for the most part. Around 3-4 PM I started to feel bloated though. Not sure why the bloatedness, from the carb-up meal I am assuming, doesnt kick it until around 20 hours after my first carb-up meal. Maybe carbs dont really kick into your system until then or something. I dont know I am not all that intelligent when it comes to the digestion of specific foods etc. Shaved/trimmed again tonight. Took my upper and lower body down to 1/8"... but my razor is f*cking up big time. Not sure whats wrong with it. I think the blades are just dull or something like that. Need to go ahead and get a new one. Really pissing me off. Trying to trim things up a good once a week or so. But its getting hard with the razor not hitting every single hair etc.

Pain/Soreness.
    Damn somehow I am VERY sore today. I dont know why. Lats and midback are killing me along with my middle and upper traps. Chest is a little sore too.

Sleep.
    10.5 hours of sleep last night. Thats what I am talking about. Need to get this much every night! Woke up once to use the restroom.

Supplements.
    • multi-vitamin 2x today
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today
    • 300 mcg. biotin 3x today

Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
    N/A.

Training Length.
    N/A.

Water.
    Good amount today.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 03-05-2002 at 08:12 PM.

Wednesday, 3-6-2002

Cardio.
    None.

Diet.
    • M1- coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal + frozen steak + cheese
      M2- green salad + Ranch dressing + tuna salad
      M3- Atkin's protein bar
      M4- (postworkout) 2 scoops whey protein + tbsp. flax seed oil + tbsp. peanut butter
      M5- 1 tbsp. peanut butter + coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal

Overall Comments.
    Feel good today for the most part. A little dehydrated but nothing major. Really looking forward to an excellent workout today. I dont understand why the hell I feel a little bloated today! This is really starting to bother me because it ruins my entire attitude and just makes me feel like sh*t. Damn this must be a popular journal hehe 4000+ views! Preworkout today I weighed 201.5 lbs. Happy with my weight I guess. But I really want to break the 200 lbs. barrier that I feel like I have been hovering around for a long time now...

Pain/Soreness.
    Not too sore today. Traps are still aching and I am hoping that doesnt effect my workout at all today. Back is still a tad sore as well.

Sleep.
    7.5 hours of sleep last night. Feel good today and really need to keep it up. 7+ hours every single night.

Supplements.
    • multi-vitamin 2x today
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today

... Thinking about adding a few digestive supplements before my carb-up meal. Amylase, supposedly aids in the digestions of complex carbohydrates, sucrase, aids in the digestions of complex sugars and starches, maltase, which aids in the digestion of disaccharides to monosaccharides. This should help with the extreme bloatedness and digestion problems immediately after my carb-up meal and the next day as well. Probably going to end up with some ginger root and some digestive enzymes.

Training. Workout B5.
    • Leg Presses 730x10
      Leg Press Calf-raises 770x10
      Seated Leg Curls 265x10
      Flat Dumbbell Presses 87.5x10
      Curl-grip Chins +17.5x10
      Dips +70x10
      Bentover T-bar Rows 175x10
      Seated Behind-neck Presses 145x10
      Standing Barbell Curls 102.5x10
      Lying Barbell Ext. 105x10
      Standing Barbell Reverse Curls 85x10
      Cable Crunches 175x10

... Decided to drop the Seated Barbell Wrist Curls and instead do Standing Barbell Reverse Curls. After much thought and after consulting with a few respectable people who I value their opinion, I feel like reverse curls are a better choice. The largest muscle in your lower arms is your brachioradialis, the muscle that is usually hit hardest with hammer and reverse curls. I feel like stimulating this would be more effective than trying to train the extensors and flexors will some kind of wrist or reverse wrist curl. Had really jump on the reverse curl bandwagon though because today is the first time that I have done reverse curls in a long time! Need to do my 10RM for reverse curls on Friday's workout.

Training Comments.
    GREAT workout today! Really really felt good about my training today. Got a good amount of sleep which I think really played a big role in my workout intensity and everything like that. Started off with leg presses. Definitely nearing my 10RM. Going to make it as tough as possible and go for something like a 750 lbs. 10RM. Great set though. Good solid reps with a full ROM. Calf raises were really really good too. Good contractions, great burn, definite exaustion in my calves. Lower legs were burnt. Anyway going to go for around a 775 lbs. 10RM if that. Really hit failure I think with 770 lbs. today. Leg curls really hammered my hams all the way. Great set. Good contractions. Felt it all throughout my hamstrings. Going to go for a 270 lbs. 10RM on leg curls. Flat DBs were TOUGH. Really was coming extremely close to failure on my last couple of reps. 90s are definitely going to be my 10RM without a doubt. Even if I tried to be brave and go for the 92.5s I couldnt get a full 10 reps. Curl-grip chins really really really coming close to my 10RM also. Damn +20 lbs. for my 10RM no question about it. Good contractions in my back too. Dips went really well. Thought that +70 was going to end up being my 10RM today. I was so dead from these it was crazy. Hit my 8th rep and I thought I was spent but I just kept going. +75 lbs. for my 10RM. T-bar rows were EXCELLENT. Perfect contractions, perfect set. Form a little off but nothing major at all. Going to hit up 175 lbs. for my 10RM on these. Great set. BTN presses were great. Got a spotter for these just to make sure. Damn what a GREAT set. Got 11 reps I think but I wasnt sure. Really hammered my delts all the way. 150 lbs. for my 10RM. Beat them up badly. Incredible overall set. BB curls were GREAT. Damn thats another exercise I was so close to failure it was crazy. 105 lbs. for my 10RM no question. Lying ext. went well too. Hit my triceps hard. Really flexed them as hard as possible after every single repetition. Reverse curls... Damn! Excellent but TOUGH set. Really hammered my brachioradialis and forearms and brachialis muscles COMPLETELY. Only going to add around 2.5-5 lbs. Maybe only 2.5! Burnt my upper forearms completely. Harder than I would have experect. Cable crunches were good too. Really contracted my abs hard. Great overall workout.

Training Length.
    Workout today lasted around 45 minutes. Good length.

Water.
    Took in a pretty good amount today.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 03-07-2002 at 06:45 AM.

Decided to drop the Seated Barbell Wrist Curls and instead do Standing Barbell Reverse Curls.
    Keep us informed, how it worked out!
    BTW great journal you have.
    All weights in kilograms in my posts. 1 kg = 2,2 lbs

My training log.
    My foreign language study site.

Sebi-
    Yeah I will bro definitely. I think that substituting reverse curls for my regular wrist curls will really be an excellent change.

Thursday, 3-7-2002

Cardio.
    (AM) 20 minutes stationery bike, alternating 1 minute level 8 going a fast-pace then 1 minutes level 5 going a slower-pace.

Diet.
    • M1- cheese + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal
      M2- green salad + grilled chicken + Ranch dressing + cheese
      M3- sunflower seeds + coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal
      M4- pork rinds
      M5- Atkin's choclate bar

Overall Comments.
    Feel tired today. Dont really feel that good unfortunately. Need a nap.. or two. Dont feel too fat today. Feel alright I guess. Feel drowsy for the most art. Need to really really concentrate on getting enough sleep. I dont think that I realize how important that really is.

Pain/Soreness.
    Traps are still sore today and so is my back. Delts are really aching too. Nothing else is really too bad.

Sleep.
    5.5 hours of sleep last night. tuttuttuttut Damn what a joke that is. Took an extra 3 mg. of melatonin to try and make the most of it but I dont think that it helped much.

Supplements.
    • multi-vitamin 2x today
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today
    • 300 mcg. biotin 3x today

Training. Rest.

Training Comments.
    N/A.

Training Length.
    N/A.

Water.
    Took in a good amount today. Need to keep it up.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 03-07-2002 at 05:41 PM.

Monstar & Andrew - Andrew mentioned that he had lost the hypertrophy from the 15's. I feel the same way -> went from ballooned to deflating. Have you noticed this?

Well yeah, but you didn't lose any muscle. You lost, um, i think sarcoplasmic hypertrophy(maybe the word). It is basically an increase in water and glycogen from the high reps.

MarshallPenn-
    Lost some size from the 15-rep weeks? I dont think so. I mean I am not 100% sure since I am honestly trying to lose some fat and everything ilke that. But when it comes to being pumped and stuff like that I am not sure. I mean I might have lost a little in my arms and forearms. Maybe... thats the key word. I mean I am not sure about anything yet.

aeckhardt-
    So whatsup bro you think that you lost some of the inflated feeling in your muscles? How have you noticed this just visually or strength wise or what? What about vascularity?

No, I am much stronger now and definitely more vascular. I just know Ilost some of the hypertrophy from the 15's cause my chest looks smaller. But, I have not lost any muscle. All that lost hypertrophy was just lost water/glycogen etc. The aim of HST is to increase the hypertrophy that is not associated with wate etc. The reason high reps and sets seem to produce hypertrophy in many people is that it increase the fluids in and around the muscle not the actual muscle.

Ok I obviously did not explain that properly, but whatever.

Ms- How do you feel about that clenb. stuff you are using now?

aeckhardt-
    Liquid Clenbutrx is great bro. Really kills my cravings well. Also its like instant energy. If for some reason I am feeling drowsy or if I dont get enough sleep etc. Clenbutrx wakes me right up right after I take it. Seem to be a TAD more vascular too but I am not sure yet about that. Ill give it a few weeks.

...In regards to the water retention that you were talking about bro from the 15-rep weeks I was thinking about it and what really confuses me is why your carb-up days/meals dont effect this at all. The day after a carb-up meal(s) I always feel fuller any everything like that. Also why do 15-rep weeks make a difference in how much water your muscles retain?
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 03-07-2002 at 05:45 PM.

They don't make a difference in how much water your muscles retain.

Here is a response from Haycock kinda answering what I meant to say:

"There are two ways to get a muscle to grow and only one lasts for longer than a week or so. When the hydration level of the cell increases in response to high volume training we call it sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. Meaning the the sarcoplasm (fluid in the cell) increases. The other kind of growth is a result increases in the number of contractile filements and other structural proteins. Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is temporary. Hypertrophy due to an increase in structural proteins is quasi-permanent. "

In other words the growth from the 15's that I say I lost was just sarcoplasmic growth. Haycock claims that you should not lose this growth until the strategic conditioning, but I feel I lost it due to below maintenance calories and low carbs. Ahh well. I am toying with the idea of instead of doing 2 sets for each bodypart during the negatives doing a set of negatives and a set of 15's. This might be an interesting idea considering I can only do negatives on 1 movement for each bodypart anyway due to the lack of a partner.

aeckhardt-
    Understood bro. My only concern is that the carb-up meal in its entirety is basically to replenish muscle and liver glycogen and to stimulate anabolic horomones like insulin in your body. When muscle glycogen is replenished, it makes sense that the "fluid in the cell," in your muscle cells, would be increased..

Um ok, great concern... what are you asking in regards to that concern?

aeckhardt-
    What am I doing in regards to that concern? I lost you bro totally confused me. What concern? What am I supposed to do?

Originally posted by MonStar1023
    aeckhardt-
    Understood bro. My only concern is that the carb-up meal in its entirety is basically to replenish muscle and liver glycogen and to stimulate anabolic horomones like insulin in your body. When muscle glycogen is replenished, it makes sense that the "fluid in the cell," in your muscle cells, would be increased..

I was refering to this. It is almost like you are asking a question here without asking it. If not, then nevermind.

Hey, i got some plain creatine. What is the best way to take this? With some Hi Gi carbs and water? I've never used plain creatine before. And do you remember the how much to use to load even though is isn't necesary?

aeckhardt-
    The idea that creatine isnt necessary to load is all opinion bro. I mean I taking a good amound (12-15g) with my carb-up meal size I am taking in so many simple sugars the huge rush of insulin would serve as an excellent means of trasportation for the creatine to get to my muscles. I also take in 5g of creatine postworkout. I think that creatine should be taken postworkout without a doubt, to replenish creatine stores, with high-glycemic simple sugars, like dextrose, glucose, etc. Thats if your not following low-carb. If you are following low carbs, I would still take the creatine, just not with the simple sugars. Also take some on your carb-up meal/days since youll have that big rush of insulin.

... What are your goals bro? What kind of creatine did you buy?

By the way loading is basically taking 15-30g for 5-7 days, basically 5g at each meal with carbs, to really drive the creatine into your muscles.

I bought some EAS Creatine. I just grabbed it quick in CVS cause it was realy cheap. Seeing as to how I am now eating more food since I am eating whatever i want my goals are basically bulking.

aeckhardt-
    Oh okay your bulking now huh? Werent you eating below maintenance calories while doing HST? Are you doing to bulk with HST? What other supplements are you taking besides the creatine? Lemme know bro. You might want to try some ALA with the creatine and simple sugars. Really helps with the absorption of the creatine..

Dude, go check out the last post on my journal. Plus that whole thread on eating disorders in the Chat Section. I'm not really bulking, i just know that in the end I will be eating over maintenance calories. It is kinda inevitable with my diet when their is no structure to it.

Other supps: L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, stacker2(this stuff is giving me more energy than any ECA i have ever taken), and good ol protein.

Plus this will work out well anyway to have plus calories in the negatives week.

Stacker 2 really? Thats surprising I thought that that product was total bullsh*t. When are you taking the arginine? Most people dont realize how good arginine supplementation really is. What kind of glutamine? Glutamine peptides? When are you taking that too? In the end of what your diet youll be eating over maintenance calories?

I take arginine right after lifting and Glutamine right before bed. I do not know if the L-Glutamine are peptides. I mean in the end of the day my calories will be over maintenance. See right now I am just eating whatever I feel like when I feel like as long as it is healthy. I have a raging appetite plus I just eat out of habit even when I'm not hungry. Since I have no structure right now I will be definitely eating over maintenance calories. That is what I meant.

Friday, 3-8-2002

Cardio.
    (postworkout) 10 minutes treadmill; 3.5 MPH @ a 15% incline.

... Didnt get picked up from the gym right away so I threw in a little bit of low-intensity cardio.

Diet.
    • M1- coffee + heavy whipping cream + Equal + sunflower seeds
      M2- green salad + Ranch dressing + pepperoni
      M3- Atkin's low-carb bar
      M4- (postworkout) 2 scoops whey protein + 1 tbsp. flax seed oil + 1 tbsp. peanut butter
      Carb-up Meal 1- spaghetti + Ragu sauce + candy + skim milk + 2 scoops whey protein + low-fat coffee cake + 32 oz. Gatorade
      Carb-up Meal 2- oatmeal + skim milk + brown sugar

... Great tasting Carb-up Meal 1. Had my usual spaghetti and Gatorade. This time I added some Nerds, Laffy Taffy, Bottle Caps, and some Wonka Oompas candy. All is SO TASTY. Added 2 servings of whey protein in some skim milk, to really help push even more of an insulin response from the carbs. Got some Metrx Extreme Whey really really tasted great for a whey protein product! Contains 6g glutamine per serving and 3-4g BCAAs, along with 46g whey protein. Tasted like hot cocoa or something along those lines.

Carb-up Meal 1 came out to..
    2050 calories, 85g protein, 380g carbs, 20g fat

... Damn that was a LOT of food! Holy sh*t I have never eaten so much in my life. 2000+ calories in one f*cking sitting! Felt like I was going to puke it all up afterwards but the digestive enzymes and ginger really really helped with the bloated feeling. REALLY helped actually.

Carb-up Meal 2 came out to..
    850 calories, 25g protein, 175g carbs, 10g fat

... Damn this meal was high in calories too. Jeez. Both meals combined came to almost 3000 calories, 110g protein, 550g carbs, and around 30g fat.

Overall Comments.
    Feel good really really looking forward to my workout today. Also extremely looking forward to my carb-up meals tonight. Already bought the food.. have some GREAT tasting stuff. Preworkout today I weighed 197 lbs. Damn this made my whole f*cking weekend better!!! Really glad to break the 200 lbs. barrier. I am thinking that this was only today Monday I will probably weigh 199-200 or something along those lines. Especially after this monster carb-up meal tonight. Damn!

Pain/Soreness.
    Not too sore today. Traps are a little sore not really. Delts and back are okay though.

Sleep.
    8.5 hours of sleep last night. Really glad that I got a good amount of sleep last night to make up for last nights pathetic 5.5 hours.

Supplements.
    • multi-vitamin 2x today
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today
    • 1 serving TRAC + 1 serving Phosphaplex + 5g glutamine peptides + 5g creatine + 500 mg. glycine + 400 mg. chromium + 600 mg. ALA + 500 mg. magnesium + 1000 mg. potassium + 1000 mg. ginger root + 2g d-ribose + 5 Fish Body Oils 1000 + 3 V2G + 2 Gluco Tech + 2 Insulene + 2 Agree with Meals + 1 Digestant Enzymes before carb-up meal 1
    • 300 mg. ALA before carb-up meal 2

... Added a few new supplements. GNC's Digestant Enzymes, Ginger, Agree with Meals, potassium, Fish Body Oils 1000 and ginger. Both of the digestive enzymes, and the fiish body oils contain ingredients (listed in a post after this one) that aid in absorption and digestion of the carbs. The potassium is supposed to help with intracellular hydration. Also with the potassium:sodium ratio. The ginger also is supposed to really help with the bloated feeling that I keep getting after the carb-up meal and the next day. Also addd 5g creatine to hopefully saturate my muscles with creatine even more. Already taking around 8-9g from the TRAC and Phosphaplex. Also decided to double my magnesium intake because I have read numerous places that the optimal dosage of magnesium is 500 mg. not 250 mg.

Training. Workout B6.
    • Leg Presses 750x10

Leg Press Calf-raises 780x10

Seated Leg Curls 270x10

Flat Dumbbell Presses 90x10

Curl-grip Chins +20x10

Dips +75x10

Bentover T-bar Rows 180x10

Seated Behind-neck Presses 150x10

Standing Barbell Curls 105x10

Lying Barbell Ext. 110x10

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls 90x10

Cable Crunches 180x10

Training Comments.
    Awesome workout today! Damn really loved it. Lasted a little bit longer than usual but not a big deal really at all. Intense workout and hitting failure was a lot of fun. Started off with 750 on leg presses. Really felt good in my lower body. Really beat up my entire lower body pretty badly though. Hammered the f*ck outta my quads and hamstrings along with my glutes. Moved onto calf raises. Hit failure no question with these. Great set. Really good burn and excellent feeling of exaustion. Leg curls went well too. Great contractions in my hamstrings. After leg curls moved onto flat DBs. I was really hurting my shoulders during the first 1-2 reps of these. Good set though. Really really REALLY hit failure. Last rep was such an incredible struggle. Moved onto curl-grip chins. Was chinning around 217 lbs. (bodyweight of 197 and an added 20) Really got some good contractions in my lats. Focused hard on squeezing my lats together and really flexing them hard throughout the set. Good set. Definite failure. Dips.. DAMN! Definitely hit failure. Didnt think that I was going to make it past like 3-4 reps with how heavy it felt. Hands were hurting on the dip bars.. Got all 10 reps though even though it was a huge struggle. Anyway t-bar rows were GREAT. Really really good set. Excellent contractions in my lats and midback. Really hit my back extremely hard. Totally beat the f*ck outta my back with these. Damn did BTN presses kill me. Totally just beat the f*ck outta my delts and traps. Wasnt really sure whether or not I was going to make it past 4-5 reps on these. Made it to 10 though somehow. Had a spotter but had no help. BB curls were GREAT. Excellent form, great reps, okay ROM. Really flexed my biceps hard with these. Moved onto lying ext. Really good set here. Flex tris hard throughout the whole movement. Great ROM and hard contractions. Great overall set. Reverse curls were EXCELLENT. Damn hit failure without a doubt. Totally exausted my upper forearms and my brachialis muscles COMPLETELY. Damn hurting afterwards. Finish with some hard cable crunches. Excellent contractions, and perfect ROM. Great set. Now onto the 5-rep weeks!

Training Length.
    Workout today lasted around 55 minutes. Good length I guess. Little longer than usual.

Water.
    Good amount today. 32 oz. after my first carb-up meal.
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 03-09-2002 at 11:44 PM.