Thread: Been sick.

Been sick.

Looked at all the GH threads and I thought I'd have seen a similar thread, but didn't.

Anyways, for those of you who don't follow my journal every day (Brahaha, I'm a comedian) I've been pretty damn sick these past few days. First time in a few years I've been this sick.

I don't plan on getting back into the gym until I'm %100, but I'm curious to know if maybe I should take a couple extra days even after that.

And just out of curiousity, what are the negatives of going into the gym too early? Would my CNS being fried possibly cause the sickness to come back or would it just take even longer to fully recover?
    Forever Goal: Strength

Weightlifting sucks. I just like to lift heavy things.

Wannabebig New Member

Wait, your CNS will thank you

I am just now getting over a cold. I have made the mistake of getting back into the game before I was ready. Or, I was so gung ho about my goals, I didn't care if I had a little bit of a cold. I am gonna wait until when I wake up in the morning I don't have any kind of cough at all.

The price I paid for that was I missed three days of work and ended up having to get antibiotics to get over the cold. And that doesn't count lying in bed for those three days with either the chills or a fever and drinking lots of juice and water.

Gyms expose us to all kinds of germs. The less strength we have to fight off germs, the more likely we are to be sick. Good luck!
    Workouts are easy. The tough part is keeping up your diet and not blowing out your CNS.

You never know how far you can go until you get there.

Ha, I hear ya.

I went to the gym when I was just beginning to get sick. I have to wonder if that made any difference in my sickness being even worse. I always kick my ass in the gym.

I spent 2 days in bed just wanting it to be over and called into work both of those days. I can't remember the last time I was bound to my bed from sickness. I've been sick, but it's been a long time since I've been so sick I couldn't leave the bed.

I was thinking the same thing. It's better to wait until I'm 100 percent so I can have a great workout than a bunch of mediocre workouts at 80 percent with no progress.
    Forever Goal: Strength

Weightlifting sucks. I just like to lift heavy things.