The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

How many protein shakes per day before you develop an allergy?

Just wondering, even if you can or not. Because I know overloading on a specific thing can cause problems. Happened to me two years ago with dairy, but I was drinking a gallon, tub of cottage cheese and lots of yogurt per day. But anyways, I'm just averaging about 4 protein shakes per day, with about 20gms in each of them. Wondering if I should worry or not..

Also, on a side note a dietian came to our school saying you don't need more than 20gms of protein per day and exercising muscles it what makes them grow not eating protein. And said how to weightlifters been in her clinic and both died from kidney failure because of high protein diets.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    You can develop an allergy from any amount. If they start to bother you then stop taking them.

You must of misheard the dietitian because 20 grams is very little protein. Even the FDA recommends about 60g per day. However, you need much more of you want to grow. Your kidneys should be fine if you drink plenty of water. Try to get more of your protein from whole foods, 4 shakes a day is alot.

Shoot the dietitian in the face for being stupid.

And it's unlikely you'll develop an allergy to your shakes... when you were overloading on the dairy, were they typical lactose intolerance symptoms or a true allergic reaction?
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Also, on a side note a dietian came to our school saying you don't need more than 20gms of protein per day and exercising muscles it what makes them grow not eating protein.
    20 grams? You should hit him in the head with a baseball bat. Might knock some sense into him. I don't know how these people get degrees. University of Tijuana?
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Also, on a side note a dietian came to our school saying you don't need more than 20gms of protein per day and exercising muscles it what makes them grow not eating protein. And said how to weightlifters been in her clinic and both died from kidney failure because of high protein diets.
    Oh man.

If you have a predisposition to kidney problems, then avoid a diet high in protein. Saying high protein diets cause kidney failure is like saying sodium causes heart attacks, ask Built about just how "horrible" sodium actually is. Listen to these boards, don't listen to the dietician.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Listen to these boards, don't listen to the dietician
    Listening to a dietician is fine. Just not one that doesn't understand human physiology or seems like he didn't pay attention in class.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Shoot the dietitian in the face for being stupid.

And it's unlikely you'll develop an allergy to your shakes... when you were overloading on the dairy, were they typical lactose intolerance symptoms or a true allergic reaction?
    Not sure, just caused a red dermatitis like rash to appear around the corners of my mouth and nose. And while we're on the topic, does it matter if I buy some expensive whey protein from GNC or is the stuff I bought at wal-mart, 6 star whey protein just as good? But cheaper.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Not sure, just caused a red dermatitis like rash to appear around the corners of my mouth and nose. And while we're on the topic, does it matter if I buy some expensive whey protein from GNC or is the stuff I bought at wal-mart, 6 star whey protein just as good? But cheaper.
    Not knowing 6-star I can't be for sure. Keep in mind that quality control can be an issue in alot of supplements that are not regulated by the FDA. The wal-mart stuff could be absolutely fine. I'm biased, and so are alot of people here, but I recommend buying Nitrean from www.atlargenutrition.com its cheaper than GNC's and they are definately a reputable source for supplements.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    Not knowing 6-star I can't be for sure. Keep in mind that quality control can be an issue in alot of supplements that are not regulated by the FDA. The wal-mart stuff could be absolutely fine. I'm biased, and so are alot of people here, but I recommend buying Nitrean from www.atlargenutrition.com its cheaper than GNC's and they are definately a reputable source for supplements.
    I had nitrean a few years back and definitley liked it most overall out of all protein powders, just that I happened to find a walmart gift certificate and so I looked at it as free protein powder.

Den, you worry too much.
    That's a picture of Scarlett Johansson.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapour Trails View Post
    Den, you worry too much.
    agreed!!!

youll be fine thats only 80g of protein a day i hope your getting that much from whole food as well
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"