The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulking Slowly

Bulking Slowly

Well I've been thinking it over here at work and I'm gonna scrap the CKD. I've done well on it but it seems that my zest for lifting is slowly going down the tubes.

My new ratios as of today are:
    Carbs: 120
    Fat: 150
    Protein: 200
    Cals: 2630

I will take my carbs as follows 60 before training, 60 after.
    I will take a after shot tonight so you can see what I look like after my CKD.

My fat burners will still be taken and I'm gonna start running once a a week for 15 mins.
    I'm 195 and as of today my bulking will start!!!!!!!!!
    My goal is to hit 210 in 2 months.

Hector Louis Berlioz
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Canadian
    Good luck man!

Why do say your "zest for lifting is slowly going down the tubes"?
    "Discipline is never an end itself, only a means to an end." - Robert Fripp

Originally posted by mds_79
    Why do say your "zest for lifting is slowly going down the tubes"?
    *** It's slipping down the tubes because of my poor performance due to my diet (CKD). Now that I'll have some carbs back, it will help me out. One day out of the weekend I'll carb up cleanly.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

You doing HST here bro?

Yes Monstar, but I'm sick so my first struggle is to eat and get better. At least it gives me time to study this program.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Good luck Mak-daddy.

BTW, i think you should keep everyone elses posts in your journal to spur you on when times are rough. It really helps me.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

I will do that CD.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Re: Bulking Slowly

Originally posted by Maki Riddington

My new ratios as of today are:
    Carbs: 120
    Fat: 150
    Protein: 200
    Cals: 2630

Just out of curiosity, what's your reason for such a high fat intake?

Coming off a CKD I don't want to simply all together change my ratios.
    I'm still sick but I'm gonna give the routine a go starting Friday.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

As I said these are my after pics.
    I'm around 195 down from 210-212.

Here's a leg shot, they're hairy mind you.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Cool pics Mak-daddy.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Sorry CD, this is a better shot of my upper body. My chest has improved but still needs work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Damn nice wheels man. Good Job.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Nice Canadian flag in the background....tuttut

Today was day 1 of the HST program. I'm still sick so my strength isn't all that great but I'm not worried about strength. I'm training mainly for size.
    Anyways, I didn't finish the the whole workout because I was extremely fatigued. Every set was intense and after each one I was keeled over ready to faint.
    I did two sets for each muscle group but like I said I didn't finish. I missed my tris, calves and hams.

I took a scoop of car b up and one scop of isolate 60 mins before my workout with a fat burner.

Afterwards I took in 10 BCAA's and water.
    30 mins later I took my 50 grams of malto,fructose and glucose with 25 grams of isolate and creatine.
    I'm in the midst of experimenting with a post workout shake.

My weight this morning was 198.

Those pics I posted are of myself in a unpumped state and I'm semi depleted as well. I'll get around to taking a pic of myself in a full state sometime.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Maki Riddington-
    Looking good bro. Yeah HST is tough at first. Dont worry your body will adapt in no time bro. Seriously youll be fine.

By the way HUGE traps!
    Last edited by MonStar1023; 02-17-2002 at 01:09 AM.

Hows HST? You havnt been posting here...

Phuck this!
    Attempted another workout and I felt like fainting after each set.
    I'm not gonna even bother to follow this routine.
    I just don't feel good at all.
    It's not even that tiered feeling, it's a sick to my stomach feeling. Some of you may poo poo this off as being the way it's supposed to be but I ain't having it!

My weight is around 193-195.
    I'm sticking with a clean diet and my supps are on.
    I will formulate another plan.
    Sorry Monstar, this program just doesn't work for me.

I'll have one made up for Friday.
    Till then......
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Si did my new chest and tricep workout today and I felt great!!!
    I had the usual pre workout shake and followed up my training with 10 BCAA's and 1 hour later I'm sipping on a concoction of 60 gram mixture of dextrose and fructose and malto and 45 grams of whey.

Today will be a mad carb up day. there's a pizza special going on at Dominos so I'm gonna stuff my face, drink some beer and watch both hockey games on the tube.

My chest workout consists of 9 sets all done at a submax level alternating betwen 12 reps and 8 reps. My weights used for each rep range is adjusted accordingly.

My tricep are the same except I do 6 sets all at 10 reps.

I'm going to be following a high volume routine for the next several months.

My morning weight was 195.3.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

i understand that consuming fructose with dextrose improves the absorbtion of the fructose. is this right?

otherwise, why the fructose?

will you do sub-max chest all the time? What I mean is 1 time a week? 2 times?
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    i understand that consuming fructose with dextrose improves the absorbtion of the fructose. is this right?

*** Because it is metabolized first by the liver making it a good source for replenishing liver gylcogen.
    Marcel, I'll be doing my chest once a week. My sets will increase as my strength improves.
    Same will apply to my back and legs.
    High volume sub max sets.
    All in the 8-12 rep range.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

Just to add(Sorry for mucking up your journal Maki.) fructose preferentially refills liver glycogen. Refilling liver glycogen puts one in the 'fed-state' which is necessary for optimal anabolism, although it can somewhat decrease lipid-oxidation(Not ideal when dieting.) But when bulking, a bit of fructose in your post-workout shake is definitely a good thing.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesnít realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

ah thanks for the response.

quick question tho, once the liver is full, does the body keep filling muscle glycogen that isn;t yet filled?

Yes.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo