The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

I feel like ranting to no one but here...So I've turned Nocturnal...

Been a few days and I've been sleeping during the day and awake at night.

It's 8:53 a.m. right now and haven't slept yet. I woke up at 6:30 p.m. Several hours ago.

My skin is also freaking super itchy. I think it's hives. It comes and goes. Damn this is annoying. I could post pics if you guys are interested haha.

Going to call the clinic, and hopefully they'll let me come in today. Cause if I schedule it tomorrow I'll probably be sleeping and I'll be too lazy to show up. Not to mention I was suppose to get a blood test done 2 weeks ago.

I can't even take melatonin, since it'll interact with SSRI's.

Check out the pics if you want to get grossed out. Also my damn NECK IS ITCHY ASWELL!!! GGGAAAHHH
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SkinnySadMan; 11-24-2006 at 07:23 AM.
    5'7 425 lbs. 85% bodyfat Need to gain 20-40 lbs.

New journal - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86957 Boring I know, but whatever.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Get big.
    Messing up your circadian rhythm is something that can stay with you for a long time. I'd really suggest you try to get back on a normal sleep schedule ASAP. You're probably going to get real tired in a couple hours but you should really try to stay away until 9:00PM or so. If you crash then, that might help you get back into a good routine (although a lot of it is mental about not wanting to go to sleep at a decent hour)

and those hives could be caused by anything. If I were you, I'd clean up my room, vacuum, and wash the sheets. Do that today, as a matter of fact. It'll help you stay up. If that wasn't the culprit, you'll at least have a clean room and bed

Hell yeah, what a bitch.

Also I think I've caused myself an even bigger problem. I think now my body is running on a longer than 24-hour day biological clock.

I'd sleep for like 12 hours, but then I'd want to stay awake for like 15+ hours!

This is ridiculous, it is 11:48 a.m. right now and still haven't slept yet. I don't feel tired yet, although I got a red bull that might come in handy pretty soon.

And you know what's weird, if I do manage to stay up and sleep at the right time; like around 8-11 p.m. I'd just end up OVERSLEEPING MYSELF!!!! I would end up sleeping for more than 12 hours! Perhaps 15 hours of staying in bed. I would wake up, but then I'd just want to stay in bed and I'd fall asleep lol.

Going to be hard to kill time for me today, my 360 was sent to Microsoft for repairs. I might play through Resident Evil 4 on PS2 again lol, that'll kill about 5-7 hours of my life, Time well wasted IMO. Hehe.
    Last edited by SkinnySadMan; 11-24-2006 at 09:52 AM.

New journal - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86957 Boring I know, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnySadMan
    I can't even take melatonin, since it'll interact with SSRI's.
    Melatonin won't interact with your SSRI.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

Hmm I'm still not sure...

here is one website:
    http://www.umm.edu/altmed/ConsSupple...latonincs.html

There are other sites I have read that said it will have an interaction. Next time I refill my bottle I'll ask the pharmacist if I can take some kind of sleep aids.

Nice I woke up at 9:30 a.m. today with about 5 hours of sleep. Should be able to shift my schedule back to normal from now.
    Last edited by SkinnySadMan; 11-25-2006 at 07:41 AM.

There have been a few good studies suggesting melatonin supplementation seems to help sleep regulation in those patients on SSRIs. Here's one example:

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/...ull/155/8/1119
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

Hey, razrorcut thanks for that link, especially that it was based off studies.

Got some cream from the doc for my rashes and its not even working (not yet). Putting some icepacks on the most irrated area seems to help.
    Last edited by SkinnySadMan; 11-25-2006 at 02:46 PM.

Hmm... those rashes almost look like an allergic reaction to something or another, are you on any medications? If you are you may want to tell your doctor you are worried about an allergic reaction. That happened to me when I Was on penicillin and if I would have remained on it for 2 more days after my rash started I would have gone into hyperphalactic (sp) shock. Definately not something you want to play around with!
    Stats:
    Height: 5' 5.5"
    Weight: 180 lbs
    Max lifts: Squat:320 lbs, Bench: 195 lbs, Deadlift: 290 lbs.
    Max Comp. Total: 805 lbs

Picture Links
    Most Recent Pix, August 2006, Febuary 2006, Starting Pictures (2005)
    MY JOURNAL

Wannabebig Member
    you may wanna check to see if you have bed bugs... or fleas, or anything like that. those are weird places for hives to pop up, and those locations would be the ones that put the most pressure on certain places in ur bed. Bed bugs bite when they cant do anything else if i recall, and yeah.... nasty stuff.

Wannabebig Member
    Have you tried taking anti-histamines?

I changed my sheets a few days ago after the rashes, no luck.

The doc gave me, cream "HydroCortisone 2.5%" instead, unless that itself is a type of anti-histamine. It didn't work immediately, I don't even think it worked, I think the rashes are just slowly going away.

*scratch scratch* ..ahhh sensations, my scalp, my neck, my legs, my back, ass, hands.... **** !!!!!!!!!

Playing guitar seems to help...you know keep my mind off it. The more I scratch, the more it pops out, and the more ugly it looks. As soon as I even subconsiously scrape it it's HARD NOT TO STOP.

My cipralex, I STOPPED TAKING IT. I don't care about the withdrawal symptoms if any. These rashes itself, is enough for me!!!

More pics below
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cortisone cream is a topical cream that is supposed to reduce itching... However, in your case I will recommend seeking a second opinion from a dermatologist. I would try anti-histamines but be careful because these can affect your sleep patterns more. If it isnt leaving then it seems obvious you are having an allergic reaction to something.

HAve you had a recent allergy test?
    Stats:

Picture Links
    MY JOURNAL

Maybe it is scabies....

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    Cortisone cream is a topical cream that is supposed to reduce itching... However, in your case I will recommend seeking a second opinion from a dermatologist. I would try anti-histamines but be careful because these can affect your sleep patterns more. If it isnt leaving then it seems obvious you are having an allergic reaction to something.

HAve you had a recent allergy test?
    I am going to make another appointment with my doc and get him to get me one.

Hey Sadman, I have the same problem on my back! I tried changing my sheets, but that didn't work and I also sleep in my shirt and not in bare skin.

I wash my back, wear clean clothers and everything, but these little pimples, scaps, or zits are still here!

HELP!

ugh the new pics look like theyre getting worse youre doctor needs to do something else... hydrocortisone cream is like for mosquito bites :/
    "F-ck life before it f-cks you"

17 yrs old, female
    130 lbs, 5'8"

ps. by the way, nice pelvis
    "F-ck life before it f-cks you"

17 yrs old, female
    130 lbs, 5'8"

On a birght note, your not as skinny as I thought!
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by teaturtle View Post
    ps. by the way, nice pelvis
    Woah!

Must_eat - Does it go away if you keep your mind off it? ALso can you write stuff on your back? I.e. I could get a dried out pen, write something on my skin, and a few moments later it will turn red, but everyone is like that...but then THE SKIN WILL RAISE !!!!!!

I had to cancel my doc appointment. >.< I found this job, tried it once but that was horrible so I got to re-schedule it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    On a birght note, your not as skinny as I thought!
    Hehe, cool.
    Last edited by SkinnySadMan; 12-06-2006 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnySadMan View Post
    Woah!

Must_eat - Does it go away if you keep your mind off it? ALso can you write stuff on your back? I.e. I could get a dried out pen, write something on my skin, and a few moments later it will turn red, but everyone is like that...but then THE SKIN WILL RAISE !!!!!!

I had to cancel my doc appointment. >.< I found this job, tried it once but that was horrible so I got to re-schedule it.

Hehe, cool.
    Definately sounds like your having some kind of dermalogical (sp?) reaction. Perhaps you should ask your doctor about sending you to a derm should the allergy tests not work out. The reason Im saying this is because the spots dont look like hives (well, from what I can see anyway). Hives tend to be almost like little pyramids, with a swollen circular patch that peaks at the top with a red dot... If it looks like this then it is a good chance that it is a reaction allergic reaction from something you ate, touched etc. It definately looks like a rash though, which could be just a derm issue.

BTW, something I just thought of, you didnt happen to change any of your laundering products lately have you? (laundry detergent, fabric softener etc)
    Stats:

Picture Links
    MY JOURNAL

Something not unlike melatonin that you might want to consider taking is Rozerem. It's a pretty safe drug and it's only counterindication with another drug is with Fluvoxamine (a CYP1A2 inhibitor). Ask your doc. The drug is specifically designed to fix your circadian rythmn...or at least trick your body into it. Basically it's a melatonin receptor agonist...meaning it binds to the melatonin receptors (only with greater effect). Melatonin works on the Super chiasmatiic nucleus which is in your brains around your optic nerve and is sensitive to light fluxtuations...the absence of light gets the melatonin to the receptors and you get sleepy...adding Rozerem basically does the same thing. Best of luck.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.