The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar

Our purpose as a whole

This can be a thread to talk about whatever. As long as it pertains to anything discussing about god, religion, evolution, adaptation, alien species, future world colonization etc.

Basically. Lets discuss man's origins or better yet, where we'll end up. Do you think we'll end up meeting ET? Do you think we'll end up blowing up our own planet because we are that dumb of a species??

Two rules. If you break either, I will find you in real life and smack you. You will get my thread closed, and then...I will smack you.

1) Keep it civil. Even if someone has NO facts at all to support anything religion related then be mindful of them. God isnt something you can place in a beaker.
    2) Probably no theory is to outragous. There are some theories where our universe is one tiny molecule in the atom on some larger being's fingernail or something like that. Sounds crazy eh? But who gives a crap. Discuss damnit. And please dont post garbage, I'd like to have intellegent arguments, not something you found on youtube.

I think.

That in. 100 years, we will have already spored and started to colonize mars (if not sooner). I doubt we'll ever start to try and populate the moon since its always getting pummled by some kind of space rock.

I also think that, since we have grown to such immense size we will probably cause our own doom. I'd also be willing to bet that different strains of bacteria/viruses will evolve on mars after we seed it. However, people on earth not being exposed to it could get infected and cause a global epedemic. Its really not that far-fetched. This is probably one of the reasons we havent spored mars already, but soon we'll probably become to desperate to wait any longer.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Gamer/Lifter
    I figure one day some guy will find a commerical purpose that is economically profitable for space exploration and 15 years after that we will be colonizeing other parents seriously. I bet before I die we will have generated or started to go to other galaxies.

Just look at where we were 80 years ago and where we are today. Its possible. And yes faster then light speed travel is required, however faster then sound used to sound "Amazing" now its normal.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

I don't see this going anywhere. Your statements, "God cannot be placed in a beaker" and "No one will probably ever know and no matter how many facts you try to throw at the situation it does not change that outcome" already show that you refuse to admit that any theory could be correct but your own. This nukes debate on man's origin and his purpose, because in most organized religions it's already spelled out... not to mention that your entire viewpoint is based on the idea that there CAN be no debate on these fundamental issues.

So I have a feeling this may end up getting locked for being a stupid waste of space.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    I don't see this going anywhere. Your statements, "God cannot be placed in a beaker" and "No one will probably ever know and no matter how many facts you try to throw at the situation it does not change that outcome" already show that you refuse to admit that any theory could be correct but your own. This nukes debate on man's origin and his purpose, because in most organized religions it's already spelled out... not to mention that your entire viewpoint is based on the idea that there CAN be no debate on these fundamental issues.

So I have a feeling this may end up getting locked for being a stupid waste of space.
    I take you didnt read my first point. Its people like you that will get my thread locked.

My point was, that even though you cannot see or measure something, that doesnt mean it isnt true or it doesnt exist. Remember how crazy people were when they said the earth revolved around the sun years ago?

"Absence of evidence does not mean evidence of absence"

Take that quote to heart belial.

P.S. Also. It was meant to give religious persons some breathing room from being ganged up on in these forums. It was to remind everyone to keep an open mind.

P.P.S. Read the quote in my sig again. Its good. It doesnt give a one sided argument. It basically states that its pretty pointless to argue about because......its not something one could know about. Get it?
    Last edited by Jordanbcool; 12-09-2006 at 11:32 PM.
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanbcool View Post
    I take you didnt read my first point. Its people like you that will get my thread locked.

My point was, that even though you cannot see or measure something, that doesnt mean it isnt true or it doesnt exist. Remember how crazy people were when they said the earth revolved around the sun years ago?

"Absence of evidence does not mean evidence of absence"

Take that quote to heart belial.

P.S. Also. It was meant to give religious persons some breathing room from being ganged up on in these forums. It was to remind everyone to keep an open mind.

P.P.S. Read the quote in my sig again. Its good. It doesnt give a one sided argument. It basically states that its pretty pointless to argue about because......its not something one could know about. Get it?
    WOW....do I sense some bitterness on your part of other opinions or someone else's use of humor?

Why are you posting in these forums?
    You're a moron.

EDIT: You come in at the very end of the thread, with nothing constructive to say at all....you make stupid remarks and to top it off you are acting like I'm attacking belial. He is perfectly fine with my "bitterness". Its a discussion for a reason. Also, this post was ages ago. If you have a problem with having a debate then take it somewhere else. Stay out of my thread.

This is a quote from you at the begining of this thread...

"1) Keep it civil. Even if someone has NO facts at all to support anything religion related then be mindful of them."

To answer your first question I post because I "wanttobebig" lol
    Last edited by Levantar; 12-25-2006 at 06:13 PM.

I think one day the sun will burn out and humankind will no longer exist. It may or may not be a causal relationship.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez View Post
    I think one day the sun will burn out and humankind will no longer exist. It may or may not be a causal relationship.
    Im posting alot but I got a question.

Do you think, with extremly advanced technology. We could survive without the sun?

I think we'd need to find another sun and suitable planet and begin terraforming it....but its def. possible.
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    When the sun burns up, we burn up too. It turns into a red giant, it actually will get bigger right before it burns up.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    When the sun burns up, we burn up too. It turns into a red giant, it actually will get bigger right before it burns up.
    I know that....but I was thinking that we'd move well before it started causing major problems...When it blows I'm sure it will take most if not all the surronding planets with it.
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    I know that....but I was thinking that we'd move well before it started causing major problems...When it blows I'm sure it will take most if not all the surronding planets with it.
    We have something like 200 million years to solve this problem, I hope we have it fixed by then.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Gamer/Lifter
    By the time the sun burns up if the human race is around they won't even know about earth, but chances are they'd of killed themsevles off by then.

You know i'm one that believes in ETs, and my teacher brought up this point.

Earth will gain world peace, when we get into our first war with aliens.

I feel the human race will survive and go on to other galaxies before its dismiss though. Because nothing is impossible.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

We are in the final period of visitation, and the dawn of time. We can't say how much longer God will allow this world to stand.
    age---------22
    weight------140 145 150 155 160 165 170 and counting
    height------ 5'9"

Bench 225x1 | Squat 325x1 | Deadlift 355x5
    My Journal

Remember - if it were easy then everyone would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post
    By the time the sun burns up if the human race is around they won't even know about earth, but chances are they'd of killed themsevles off by then.

You know i'm one that believes in ETs, and my teacher brought up this point.

Earth will gain world peace, when we get into our first war with aliens.

I feel the human race will survive and go on to other galaxies before its dismiss though. Because nothing is impossible.
    I agree.

However, I dont know if we'll ever find life anywhere. The universe is so unbelievably huge, we cannot begin to compare how long it would take to just travel around our galaxy.....let alone others.

I think if we are able to do light travel and are able to sustain our lives for 300+ years then it may be possible.......other then that....our backyard is just to big.

I still havent even made up my mind if aliens even exist......most of the stuff (crop circles) they find our fake.

That'd be cool as **** if they do and they've visited us.
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

I think we will blow ourselves up within the next 20 years.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

the kid from oz
    That in. 100 years, we will have already spored and started to colonize mars (if not sooner). I doubt we'll ever start to try and populate the moon since its always getting pummled by some kind of space rock.
    funny you should mention this
    http://news.com.com/Images+NASA+plan...?tag=nefd.lede

From the Earth to the moon and beyond. NASA announced plans to establish a base on the moon and make it into a permanent city by 2024. Crews of four astronauts are expected to work on the base, a week at a time, beginning around 2020.
    Last edited by bigedge; 12-09-2006 at 08:38 PM.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    ^^

Actually the sun has about 5 billion years left of juice.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

We have so much potential as a species that I don't think that we can really comprehend or predict what is coming. That's what I think.
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN View Post
    ^^

Actually the sun has about 5 billion years left of juice.
    Is that all? Dang... I am gonna start working on tech to fix that!

If we don't blow ourselves up we will evolve into the Q.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

To stay productive an on topic, you can't prove a vast majority of the claims in various religion.

Its the same old question asked another way. We, like many I'm sure, were treated to a final in one of our english classes. The paper had one word on it, and that was "Why?".

I don't know if there's a right or wrong answer, but to the best of my ability I came up with "Why Not?" for my answer as did a few other people. I didn't get a perfect score, but did get an A for those 30 seconds worth of effort and people filled pages upon pages with something that got them less grade wise.

You cannot prove a lot of things one way or another, only debate (which is useless in terms of actual facts) which theory is more correct which is an opinion until you can provide substantial evidence your answer is the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post
    To stay productive an on topic, you can't prove a vast majority of the claims in various religion.

Its the same old question asked another way. We, like many I'm sure, were treated to a final in one of our english classes. The paper had one word on it, and that was "Why?".

I don't know if there's a right or wrong answer, but to the best of my ability I came up with "Why Not?" for my answer as did a few other people. I didn't get a perfect score, but did get an A for those 30 seconds worth of effort and people filled pages upon pages with something that got them less grade wise.

You cannot prove a lot of things one way or another, only debate (which is useless in terms of actual facts) which theory is more correct which is an opinion until you can provide substantial evidence your answer is the right answer.

Thank you. Probably the most intelligent group of sentences about this ongoing debate.
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

I think that I will be and many other will be accepted into the kingdom of God. I don't see and I don't know how any other one theory/idea is better than the one I believe in. Many of these theories are not known to be exactly correct, and that's why I have a hard time believing them. The Holy Bible is the truth of God's word and I follow that because God is real. He has saved me many times and has answered many of my prayers.

I think eventually we will be unable to sustain life on this planet (a long time from now) because we will have too large a population, some kind of apocalypse will come and we'll all die. But I'm not afraid of that because Jesus Christ died for us and we'll all live forever in Heaven if you accept him as your God. That's what I honestly think, and though it may be different for everyone else, I am glad we have a thread that can let us share and express our beliefs/ideas.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

I think that once it's done, it's done. What will happen will happen, there's no way to avoid it, just enjoy the ride.

When we blow ourselves up, it'll be because humanity is self-destructive at its very core. People need to fight and hate in order to validate their own existence. People need a target and a scapegoat in order to make them feel better about themselves.

Solve racism, religious persecution, and all other forms of bigotry and some other hatred would take its place because the majority are easily led automatons.

My point? It doesn't matter what our purpose is. That whole "meaning of life" thing isn't really that complicated. Here it is, spelled out:

Don't be a dick, have as much fun as you can without getting in anyone else's way, and do your small part to make the world better. Life can be a bitch, but the measure of how you live is in how you deal with the bitch.
    Last edited by VikingWarlord; 12-10-2006 at 07:30 AM.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingWarlord View Post
    Don't be a dick, have as much fun as you can without getting in anyone else's way, and do your small part to make the world better. Life can be a bitch, but the measure of how you live is in how you deal with the bitch.
    I like this quote.

Anyways, what will our demise be (this is for everyone)? Will it be nuclear, epedemic, world catastrophe??

You know what our end will really be. Not war, or plauge.....

I think it will be computers and machines. I think one day, we'll design something so perfect and intelligent that it will wonder what the hell its doing listening to us and turn on us. I really think that something off the matrix or the terminator movies will happen. It could def. happen with nuclear weapons (like in the terminator) and we'll be left to deal with the fallout.

Again, I think we'll use machines to fight our own wars. If someone were to gain control of those machines (human or computer) they could use it to cause limitless destruction.

-jordan

P.S. Sid. I will leave angry comments on your sumo lacking you bum!!
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)