The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Nagging Dry Lips

Ive had very dry lips for about 3-4 months now. The last place I worked was very very dry, and the climate I live in is also very dry. With that being said no matter what I do (lots of water, different blistex, nothing, not licking them, ect) they are still dry. Im out of ideas and If this thread doesnt help Im going to try a doctor.

I mean dry lips is nothing serious but its annoying as hell. I cant even remember what it was like to have normal lips...

:0(

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

don't worry..juss get sum chapstik..my lips were fked from this damn canadian coldness 2, so my mom juss gave my sum little cream, and im feelin much better
    18 years old
    ball player
    6'8
    goal: 215 by march

late october 2006 weight: 191
    nov. 29, 2006 weight: 200

My journal http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86115

how often are u applying the blistex? i've seen people with really dry lips really lay it on so that u can barely even see their lips and it seems to work. hope that helps.

Andrew
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

Banned
    if mine get raly bad and chapstick hasnt been working i put some rubbing acholol on then and they imporve.

If mine get really bad I use some healing stuff like neosporin. Something you would use for cuts. Or if you are really desparate I know it sounds gross but try some diaper rash ointment at night.
    Man....I sure do hate women, where do they come off walking around with their vagina's and stuff. Geeeez!

Only when you are willing to go too far will you know how far you can go!!!

Cover your lips in vasoline and sleep that way. They'll be 90% better in the morning.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    if mine get raly bad and chapstick hasnt been working i put some rubbing acholol on then and they imporve.
    DO NOT DO THIS. This may have worked for smokin' halk, but rubbing alcohol will only dry them out more. Keep them constantly coated. They're lacking natural emolients and the oils in the ointments should help. Rather than blistex or chapstick I recomend you get carmex. I don't know why, but it's always worked best for me. If not, try Hahn's suggestion.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ectx View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. This may have worked for smokin' halk, but rubbing alcohol will only dry them out more. Keep them constantly coated. They're lacking natural emolients and the oils in the ointments should help. Rather than blistex or chapstick I recomend you get carmex. I don't know why, but it's always worked best for me. If not, try Hahn's suggestion.
    it will kill any infectious things on your lip which causes the dryness.
    they wont dry them out.
    if there bad they will burn the first few times you put it on, then will not once they heal up.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    it will kill any infectious things on your lip which causes the dryness.
    they wont dry them out.
    if there bad they will burn the first few times you put it on, then will not once they heal up.
    You're assuming that infectious agents are causing the dryness. His lips are dry, not blistered. Carmex will serve as an antiseptic and analgesic and make your lips moist. Putting alcohol on them will just dry the lips out and get rid of surface bacteria, some of which you need. There's a reason many acne pads have alcohol, and it's not purely antiseptic...they dry off or remove the oils from your skin. You do not want this on your lips.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

I heard this stuff is like a miracle for severely chapped lips. I know its for nursing mothers. but I heard it works really well. Also try cracking a vitamiin E calsule and rubbing the oil on your lips.
    http://images.rightstart.com/global/.../large/593.jpg
    Man....I sure do hate women, where do they come off walking around with their vagina's and stuff. Geeeez!

Only when you are willing to go too far will you know how far you can go!!!

You can ask Deeder, I have an obsession with having soft lips.

MaryKay has a lip treatment pairing that is awesome, the lipmask is an exfoliating treatment and then a lip balm which is a hundred times better then blistex.

IIIf you dont want to spend $30 you can do this, which works quite well in my experience. Buy a soft bristled tooth-brush and run this over your lips morning and night, at night rub vaseline all over your lips and in the morning use lip chap or balm like the ones suggested above (vaseline or whatever). Also, dont lick your lips as the salt in your saliva will dehydrate them further.

The marykay stuff works like a charm though, I really suggest it for the whole $30 it costs!
    Stats:
    Height: 5' 5.5"
    Weight: 180 lbs
    Max lifts: Squat:320 lbs, Bench: 195 lbs, Deadlift: 290 lbs.
    Max Comp. Total: 805 lbs

Picture Links
    Most Recent Pix, August 2006, Febuary 2006, Starting Pictures (2005)
    MY JOURNAL

Mentholatum always has done the trick for me.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.Ē --- Charles Darwin

Wannabebig Member
    Try this type of blistex

http://www.blistex.com/images/lip_oi...%20Oint.72.jpg

I use to have SEVERELY chapped/dry lips, they were almost impossible to get back to normal with any other chapstick. Till I tried that, works like a charm.

Senior of Kinesiology
    I found that Burtís Bees works great. You could also use Chapstick with moisturizer. Using them before you go to bed each night can really help level out the lip chapping.
    Meet PR: 290lb bench press, 505lb dead lift @ 190lbs

Current Training: Yoga and Weightlifting

5'11'', Male, 175lbs, age 22

I used to have normal lips in the summer, when it was humid outside. Now I am addicted to chapstick, that stuff is like crack. I never thought the stuff it tubes worked very well, solid chapstick is the way to go. At least for me.