Most likely a salad with Low fat dressing
    Tuna on wheat
    or diced chicken salad

Dinner
    Most likely a grilled chicken breast
    cottage cheese
    steamed carrots

If not chicken than some grilled fish

just a rough start to see if this even remotely hepl me loose weight. I'm at 260, looking to get down to 220-230. My first month I will be giving Hydroxycut a try since it is a sworn proven product by a friend. Most of my liquids will be either water, milk, or orange juice
    ME- Project Ruff to Buff
    17 years old
    265lbs cutting to 230

Max Bench-305
    Max sqaut-400
    Max Shoulder Shrug-450

Make sure you keep your fats high. To me it doesnt seem like you are getting enough healthy essential fats in that meal. Personally I like to eat fruit rather than drink it and you will be more "full" that way, so instead of a glass of OJ, eat some fresh fruit.

What kind of lifting routine are you following?Are you tracking your food on fitday?

Wannabebig Member
    5 day on, weekend off..

Basic areas on basic days. Cardio. I hear ya on the fruits. Can I possibly have a deli meat sandwich for lunch? I heard deli meat is a nono, but since you said I need more fat, I figure that would be beneficial?
    ME- Project Ruff to Buff
    17 years old
    265lbs cutting to 230

Max Bench-305
    Max sqaut-400
    Max Shoulder Shrug-450

Sources of healthy fats: Olive oil, avocado, nuts (cashews,almonds,walnuts,pecans), FISH OIL, natural peanut butter, dairy fat, coconut, sesame seeds,sunflower seeds.

Wannabebig Member
    Awesome. so I'll add a few of those to my daily eats. Am I on the path to loose weight?
    ME- Project Ruff to Buff
    17 years old
    265lbs cutting to 230

Max Bench-305
    Max sqaut-400
    Max Shoulder Shrug-450

Check out the signature in Builts profile. She will lead you to the promise land with a diet and lifting plan. You have any questions or problems, she will glady answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by CTC87TPI View Post
    breakfast
    Combination of a few eggs white scrambled
    Glass of Milk and or Orange Juice
    Wheat toast or Cream of wheat or Oatmeal

A "few" eggs won't give you enough protein to start the day. I like to start with at least 40g of protein in my first meal.

Also, don't bother drinking fruit juice. Despite what the label says it's nothing like as healthy as eating the real fruit. It's still concentrated fructose and probably has more added sugar too. Replace it with a few pieces of fruit which will also increase the fibre in your diet.

Oatmeal is fine though as a healthy carb source.

Personally my breakfast is 100g of oats with a 40g protein shake. I'm bulking so obviously you can reduce the amount of oatmeal to suit the amount of calories you want.

Lunch
    Most likely a salad with Low fat dressing
    Tuna on wheat
    or diced chicken salad
    It's okay but probably not optimal. At least the tuna and chicken have protein, but just make sure you're eating enough - even if you're having 40g protein in this meal, your daily total is barely breaking 130g.

Maybe top the salad off with some olive oil and a few almonds or walnuts. You need your healthy fats!

Dinner
    Most likely a grilled chicken breast
    cottage cheese
    steamed carrots
    If not chicken than some grilled fish
    Grilled chicken is fine, cottage cheese is great stuff too. Ignore any advice you heard about not eating after a certain time. Cottage cheese is fantastic before bed because it is very slow to digest.
    Fish is also fine, and it's a good source of those wonderful fish oils!
    Maybe include some more veggies at this meal. I know the UK government reccommends you get 5 a day. I like to follow that too.

just a rough start to see if this even remotely hepl me loose weight. I'm at 260, looking to get down to 220-230. My first month I will be giving Hydroxycut a try since it is a sworn proven product by a friend. Most of my liquids will be either water, milk, or orange juice
    Okay, well with healthy weight loss of ~2lbs per week, losing 40lb will take you around 20 weeks.

Your diet is okay.. 6/10 in my opinion. You definately have the basics - healthy foods, complex carbs, protein at every meal. But I definately think you can improve on your current diet to make your weight loss more effective.

My concerns are:
    Not enough total calories for a 260lb guy. If you diet too low you're setting yourself up for failure in the long run.

Not enough healthy fats. Fats dont make you fat - in fact some can even help you to lose fat. I suggest you follow the advice above and include more nuts, seeds, olive oil etc with your meals.

Not enough fruit and veg - (fruit juice doesn't count) Like I said, 5 portions a day is a good benchmark.

Not the best breakfast - I'd definately consider trying to get more protein at this meal.

Too much damned fruit juice! Ditch it and replace it with real fruit!

Good luck!

Wannabebig Member
    Awesome. Just minor adjustments and I'm fine.
    ME- Project Ruff to Buff
    17 years old
    265lbs cutting to 230

Max Bench-305
    Max sqaut-400
    Max Shoulder Shrug-450