The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have no doubt Maki has extensive experience pleasing himself by playing with small balls.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 01-18-2007 at 09:36 PM.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesnít realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Ouch.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

i bought a foam roller after reading this article and the first time i did my upper back, i felt so euphoric. like someone was giving me a deep massage. i just wanted to pass out and go to sleep after that. felt so good. i usually do the foam roller just before bed and i toss so much less...

ps, the foam roller KILLS my it bands and quads. omg that is so painful. it doesnt hurt as much as the first time, but still pretty bad.

pss, do i just lay on the foam roller until the muscle gives out and relaxes? is that the basic idea of this? i think i have mostly just be rolling on the foam slowly, not always waiting till my muscles completely relax. is that incorrect

why the hell does a piece of foam cost 30+ dollars?
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics

Quote Originally Posted by PoutineEh View Post

pss, do i just lay on the foam roller until the muscle gives out and relaxes? is that the basic idea of this? i think i have mostly just be rolling on the foam slowly, not always waiting till my muscles completely relax. is that incorrect
    Find each spot and hold it until it releases. If it's really tight, you'll have to slowly move around to work back into it. Don't be so static when you use a foam roller.

When it comes to soft tisue manipulation you need to push the body into a variety of positions to get at the muscles, especially if they're really bound up.

Have fun.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Quote Originally Posted by dw06wu View Post
    why the hell does a piece of foam cost 30+ dollars?

Welcome to the world of overpriced fitness equipment.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

I was at Costco Saturday and they had massage balls with a guide book for $11. They work well. So if anyone is looking for some small balls, check Costco.
    Nick V

Quote Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
    I was at Costco Saturday and they had massage balls with a guide book for $11. They work well. So if anyone is looking for some small balls, check Costco.
    Sweet. I was going to ask if I could borrow some ones else's balls to try out but I guess I can get my own.

I clicked on the article thinking it would be about sex but who knew balls could be healing?