The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

School Getting In The Way

I am a high school senior (as noted in my introduction thread). I would like to begin training, and have just started to get everything set up. The problem is I attend school 5 days a week from 8am to 2:30pm. I know I am supposed to eat about 6 small meals a day, but with 6 hours of my time being taken up in school, I'm finding it a bit challenging.

My question is, is there anyway I can still get the foods I need that are small, compact, and require no preparation? Obviously no eating is allowed during school hours so I'd have to "sneak it". I really want to get this rolling, but this is a big problem. What would you reccomend?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Protein bar during class change? Water protein shake if you are allowed to drink during class?

Quote Originally Posted by Griever14206 View Post
    I am a high school senior (as noted in my introduction thread). I would like to begin training, and have just started to get everything set up. The problem is I attend school 5 days a week from 8am to 2:30pm. I know I am supposed to eat about 6 small meals a day, but with 6 hours of my time being taken up in school, I'm finding it a bit challenging.

My question is, is there anyway I can still get the foods I need that are small, compact, and require no preparation? Obviously no eating is allowed during school hours so I'd have to "sneak it". I really want to get this rolling, but this is a big problem. What would you reccomend?
    6 small meals is not a neccesity (did I spell that right?)

Just eat larger meals when you can.

u don't have a lunch period? and everything that has been said is good advice.
    Do what needs to be done.

Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

You can get at least one meal in during school, do you have lunch period?
    5'10 186 lbs 17 years of age

"Success is a journey, not a destination."

Banned
    How much do you need to eat? If you start figureing out how many calories you need per meal, than you'll reliase it isn't that hard to do it in 3 meals per day. Also, a "meal" doesn't have to be like something you would eat with your family. A cup of peanuts with a glass of milk is a meal and is pushing 1k calories.

Make these and eat them inbetween classes. Problem solved.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=63562

Wannabebig Member
    I am trying to lift to get lean (my body fat % is pretty high right now, I'm overweight) and want to eat right. Would those bars help me? Seems like slamming 1k calories in 1 eating session would help me gain weight.

I do have a lunch period btw. I'm probably going to start packing my lunch, because the crap they serve in school sucks. Another crappy thing is we can't drink anything during class, not even from a water bottle. In order to gauge how much water I drink I'd have to fill up a measured cup in the fountain and slam it in the hallway.

This leads into another couple questions.

1.)What is a good breakfast? I've recently stopped eating it all together because whenever I consume anything (even drinks) in the morning I tend to feel like crap. I can't really eat cereal because my body doesen't seem to like milk (cheese is okay sometimes).

2.) And what would be a good lunch? It would have to be something that could fit in a brown bag that would stew in my locker for a few hours.

Also, my training time will most likely be after I get out of school. Probably from 3:30 - 5:00 or somewhere in between. I'm going to have to write up a grocery list.
    Last edited by Griever14206; 12-12-2006 at 08:41 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Im a senior as well and find it pretty easy to get my food intake....I always have a liter of water, nuts, and jerkey on me. I also have a pop tart everyday at school which i know itsnt very nutritious but oh well

1.)What is a good breakfast? I've recently stopped eating it all together because whenever I consume anything (even drinks) in the morning I tend to feel like crap. I can't really eat cereal because my body doesen't seem to like milk (cheese is okay sometimes).
    Griever, I used to be a "I hate breakfast" type, too. Start small - a bagel w/ a moderate amount of spread and an egg or something. Gradually work your way up - I was slamming down 1000 calorie breakfast shakes in no time with literally no difficulty. There's a psychosomatic response to actually chewing, no? If you keep chewing real food, you're sending messages to your brain saying "I...am...eating." Try throwing down a healthy shake in the mornings - wouldn't kill you to blend up some fruit/protein powder/olive oil/etc.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

Banned
    I am trying to lift to get lean (my body fat % is pretty high right now, I'm overweight) and want to eat right. Would those bars help me? Seems like slamming 1k calories in 1 eating session would help me gain weight.
    You won't gain weight unless you eat over your maintenance calories. You could eat your days worth of calories in one sitting, if you wanted to.
    The six meals a day thing is more of a comfort thing. If you're bulking, it's a lot easier to 1k calories in 6 meals than 2k in three. If you're cutting, it's more a matter of felling like you're always eating which can make you feel a lot better about eating very little.